WA WA - Brock Holmes, 23, Monroe, 7 Oct 2009

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100202/NEWS01/702029917

Published: Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monroe mother knows her missing son isn’t coming home

By Katya Yefimova
Herald Writer

MONROE — The most recent photo Lori Bowling has of her son is the one on his driver’s license.

Brock Holmes, 23, was happy when the license arrived in the mail Oct. 7. A few hours later, he left his mother’s home in unincorporated Snohomish County to go out with friends.

His family hasn’t seen him since.

Holmes’ smiling face on the sky-blue background once was plastered all over TV screens, the social networking site Facebook and in newspapers. As time has dragged on, he became just another face among the legions of men, women and children missing throughout the country at any given time.

That’s hardly a consolation for a mother’s heart.

“Every ditch I drive by, I’m looking in it,” Bowling said. She suspects foul play and believes her son is dead.

“It’s not like Brock to just walk away,” Bowling said. “My son is not coming home. I know it.”

Some friends Holmes had met not long before picked him up that night. He was wearing a dark-blue shirt with white stripes down the sleeves, cargo-style blue jeans and brown shoes. He had his iPod, cell phone and $150 with him.

The group reportedly hit a couple of bars in the area, then headed to Holmes’ friends house on Florence Acres Road. Holmes reportedly was seen leaving.

There’s been no sign of him since.

Snohomish County Sheriff’s detectives haven’t learned much. They still are treating the disappearance as a missing person’s case, spokeswoman Rebecca Hover said.

As time passed, a mother’s sense of frustration and despair has grown.

“It’s been tough,” Bowling said.

She rounded up volunteers to search the route her son would have taken home. They searched other places in the area, too. Up and down Florence Acres Road. Up and down Old Owen Road.

Tips poured in when news first spread of the young man’s disappearance. People claimed they saw him in Spokane. Others said he was picked up hitchhiking in Index and dropped off in Wenatchee.

Friends called. Psychics called, too. They were mostly friends of friends and didn’t want money. Frustrated with how little she knew about the case, Bowling listened to their hazy clues.

“It was heart-wrenching, because I wanted so bad to believe,” she said.

She enrolled her 15-year-old daughter Kaylle in counseling.

Holmes moved in with Bowling in May, when he decided to put his life back on track. He had fallen in with the wrong crowd a few years earlier and left the east Snohomish County area for Skagit County, where he drifted. He also lived with his father in Sedro-Woolley for some time.

He got a job at a Chevron gas station in Sultan and worked hard. He loved being with his family.

“He was an extremely happy young man,” Bowling said. “He didn’t see the bad in anybody.”

Katya Yefimova: 425-339-3452, kyefimova@heraldnet.com.

bilde

What a cute guy. Hope he is found soon.

HeraldNet
Published: Friday, May 7, 2010

Snohomish property searched for clues in man’s disappearance

Sheriff’s detectives searched a property near Snohomish today looking for possible clues in the Oct. 7 disappearance of Brock Holmes. The 23-year-old went drinking with friends and hasn’t been seen since.

Acting on tips, detectives searched in the area of the 28100 block of Old Owen Road, spokeswoman Rebecca Hover said. This is the third or fourth such search for clues as to what might have happened to Holmes, she said. - snipped

more here:
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100507/NEWS01/705079861/1005/BIZ

--- On Fri, 5/20/11, Willoth, Kelly <kelly.willoth@co.snohomish.wa.us> wrote:

Subject: RE: Suggestion
To: <redacted>
Date: Friday, May 20, 2011, 1:36 PM

Hello XXXX XXXX, I am not sure if anyone got back to you with this information so I wanted to let you know as well. We have not located Brock Holmes, he is still listed as Missing and the case is active. <redacted>

Detective K. Willoth #1335

Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
Major Crimes Unit
3000 Rockefeller Ave, M/S 606
Everett, WA 98201
(425) 388-3339
(425) 388-3033 fax
kelly.willoth@co.snohomish.wa.us

Never heard if his case before. I hope his family will get answers as to what happened to Brock soon.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20140703/NEWS01/140709718/A-mothers-anguished-wait-for-missing-son

Lori Bowling's voice breaks when she talks about a funeral for her son. The Monroe woman has waited almost five years to lay her boy to rest. She is certain he is dead, but she can't bring herself to plan a funeral until he's found. “All I want to do is bring him home,” Bowling said...

Bowling also heard rumors. They have sent her searching for her son in remote areas in east Snohomish County. She heard that he was shot. Someone else said it was an accident. Several months after her son went missing she took a late night call from a woman who relayed a detailed story about Holmes' disappearance. The woman later recanted when Willoth questioned her. “There've been so many different stories. They never pan out. No one really wants to talk,” Bowling said.

Willoth has run up against the silence. Some people were more willing to post rumors on the Internet than to talk to police. A six-inch white binder is filled with notes and reports from Willoth's nearly five-year search.

Not much out there about this case at all.

I think it NEEDS more attention. This is one case of a missing young good looking male that I actually think can be solved pretty easily; I think the key lies in the people he was partying with that night. Someone knows what happened. What time did he leave his friend's house? Why did he decide to walk home?

Very sad. There's so much land out there, if his mother is right that he was killed I hope one day he is found so the family can gain some closure.

Going to have a story on Washington's Most Wanted tonight at 11 PM PST. Hope they get justice soon!

Bumping up for Brock.
I hope someone who has the information his family needs will at least anonymously report it to law enforcement.

I hope Brock's family wouldn't mind if I move his case back to page 1 here. It's tragic that no one will speak up, somehow, to resolve it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back