Possible Tennessee Connections

debloree

Reaction score
Thread for Tennessee connections in this case.

We know Jack and Tammi lived in Tennessee previously.

Jack stated on NG he has family still in Tennessee.

Janet Morris (Lawyer that Tammi contacted to call Elizabeth)

Some houses were searched near Nashville in connection to this case.

From Member Momtective

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4655942&postcount=507"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - 8 mo. old Gabriel Johnson missing since 12-26-09, #3[/ame]

FBI Agents Search A Nashville House For Baby Gabriel

Tammi Smith told CBS5 she knew what the Nashville search was all about. It was the home of a friend of hers, Janet Morris, who she asked to counsel Elizabeth Johnson about what she could face legally if she tried to disappear with Gabriel.

"I called (Elizabeth) and said 'look, you've got to call this girl Janet,' and so Janet basically, she called her and as far as I know, Janet told her the same thing that we've been telling her and begged her to come back. 'And if you don't come back, you could be facing these charges and these charges,'" said Tammi Smith.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22190418/detail.html

Tennessee connections? Let's go out to Jack and Tammi Smith...

JOSTAD: What kind of things were you hoping that police would look at on your computers? What information there would be relevant to the search?

SMITH: Well, OK, in — from the beginning, in talking to the police, they asked us, you know, did we ever try to help her. And I said, Well, the only way we ever tried to help her was, you know, before we knew she could change her — whether or not she could change jurisdictions. She was telling us that she was going to run. She was go into hiding, change her Social Security number.

And so we panicked at that point, and we did not want that baby to vanish into thin air for the rest of his life. And so we were grabbing at straws, like the police are right now, trying to figure out how to keep that baby still surfaced, you know? And so we had thought of scenarios, and we talked to a couple of friends and people about the scenarios of — you know, we have a house in Tennessee, and you know, things like that, that maybe she can go stay there. We can let her stay there. We could help her and all this, and while she`s changing jurisdictions.

Well, by the next day, after doing research throughout the next day, we realized, Oh, she cannot change jurisdictions. It`s illegal. So immediately, we started, you know, telling her, You need to come back, you can`t change jurisdictions.

And that`s when I called Janet Morris (ph) from Tennessee and said, Hey, she`s not coming back. I don`t know what to do. Can you please tell her what her legal rights are and get her back here? And that`s exactly what Janet did. And so the cool thing about that is our computer will corroborate that entire story.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/15/ng.01.html

CASAREZ: Now what is your — to Jack and Tammi Smith, what is your connection with Nashville?

J. SMITH: Well, I was in the music business for about 35 years. So I lived in Nashville for about that long. And then Tammi moved there and we met about 12 years ago and we`ve been together pretty much for the last 10.

CASAREZ: So what was the last time you were in Nashville?

J. SMITH: Last time I was in Nashville was probably about a year and a half ago? Two years ago maybe?

CASAREZ: Do you talk to a lot of people in Nashville?

J. SMITH: My family. My brother`s there. My two sons are there. Yes, after 35 years you do have friends there. Certainly.

CASAREZ: So what do you think about all these tips coming from a place that you used to live in?

J. SMITH: I have no earthly idea. No earthly idea. Nashville`s a beautiful town.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/08/ng.01.html

Thank you, Jack and Tammi. Now, let's unleash the sleuthers...

They also went to talk to Jack's son.

Plus, I think Jack might own another building in Nashville - ask Kamille

Yes Kamille is posting that on Jack Smith's background thread.

I still think this 2006 article is interesting. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-01-18-swapping-children_x.htm The child trafficking network seems to be primarily used to move children adopted abroad who end up unwanted, but could certainly be used for other purposes. There is an adoption, TN and AZ connection.

"a largely unknown aspect of the nation's beleaguered child-welfare system: an underground network of families that takes in children others do not want. Some families do so legally, and eventually adopt the children, but others may violate child-welfare laws by failing to notify authorities"

The subject TN couple "are also charged with child trafficking for moving a girl to Arizona without permission from state child-welfare officials. "

"'There are homes all across the United States that transfer kids from one place to another. No one's keeping tabs on this. ... These kids just come and go,' says Sheriff Joe Shepard of Gibson County in rural northwest Tennessee, where the [couple] live."

(ETA "AZ connection")

I still think this 2006 article is interesting. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-01-18-swapping-children_x.htm The child trafficking network seems to be primarily used to move children adopted abroad who end up unwanted, but could certainly be used for other purposes. There is an adoption, TN and AZ connection.

"a largely unknown aspect of the nation's beleaguered child-welfare system: an underground network of families that takes in children others do not want. Some families do so legally, and eventually adopt the children, but others may violate child-welfare laws by failing to notify authorities"

The subject TN couple "are also charged with child trafficking for moving a girl to Arizona without permission from state child-welfare officials. "

"'There are homes all across the United States that transfer kids from one place to another. No one's keeping tabs on this. ... These kids just come and go,' says Sheriff Joe Shepard of Gibson County in rural northwest Tennessee, where the [couple] live."

(ETA "AZ connection")

wow. The one's doing it illegally is such a scary thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back