Opposing comments/movements of Logan McQueary verses Jack & Tammi Smith

debloree

Reaction score
Jan 4, 2010 updated Jan. 5 2010

Tempe police said Johnson sent McQueary the threatening messages about their son before Dec. 26.

However, on Dec. 27, Johnson called and text messaged McQueary again and told him that she had killed the child, according to the court document and police.

But McQueary said he also was contacted by a couple interested in adopting Gabriel and was told if he wanted his son to have a safe home, he would sign adoption papers.

McQueary said he did not sign any papers, and police said investigators questioned the couple and currently do not plan to charge them.

The couple, Tammi and Jack Smith, said they had been working with Johnson and McQueary for the last seven months about adopting the child but would not reveal the details surrounding the adoption.
“Both of them supported the adoption, but for some reason, Logan got cold feet at the last minute,” Tammi Smith said.
Smith also said she spoke with Johnson, who called her from the jail on Tuesday, but she did not disclose the whereabouts of Gabriel.

McQueary also said Tuesday that he never spoke to the Smiths until Dec. 19, when he found out about them through a Child Protective Services report when Johnson was trying to file a complaint of abandonment, claiming McQueary had not seen the child for 30 days.
Johnson had apparently been talking to the Smiths about adopting Gabriel after they met her on a plane while she was coming back from Boston, according to McQueary.

“I never talked to them about any adoption,” McQueary said. “I had no clue. I told them there was no way in hell I’m giving up my son for adoption. I wanted my son. She was pretty secretive about it.”http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/149100

It has been more than a month since Johnson took off with Gabriel. On by Kevin Kennedy - Jan. 26, 2010 10:49 PM

Tuesday McQueary said he made copies of all text messages sent to his phone by Elizabeth and the Smith's.

McQueary showed us one message he says was sent to him by the Smith's on December 22nd, it reads: "Can we get together tomorrow morning to talk with you and your dad? I'm afraid she'll be gone forever, cause she doesn't want to go to jail for kidnapping. She Doesn't trust u or ur dad. The only way she'll come back is if my attorney faxes the signed papers to her so she won't get in trouble, and Gabriel b w/us".

That was just a few days after Tempe Police say Elizabeth took off with Gabriel. Logan has said the Smith's have tried to pressure him into signing adoption papers. The Smith's have always said that is not true and that Elizabeth told them Logan was abusive.
The Smith's have since said that Elizabeth duped them and that they are also the victims
. As for Logan he plans to drive to Texas with his cousin who is flying in from Egypt on Sunday, "I'm Pretty much sick and tired of doing nothing, everyone wishes they can do more," said McQueary.
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/01/26/20100126missingbaby01262010-CR.html

Thanks to angelwhocares for this link .
http://www.kpho.com/news/22459066/detail.html

Just moments after Tammi Smith was released from jail for allegedly conspiring to take custody of Gabriel Johnson away from his father, Logan McQueary, she lashed out at McQueary for waiting so long to join the search for his son.
McQueary set out this week for San Antonio, the last place Gabriel was seen, before his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, either killed the boy, or simply gave him away to strangers.

On Wednesday, McQueary said he has grown tired of Tammi Smith and her attempts to play the victim.

“It’s nothing new, she’s done it the whole time,“ said McQueary.

At times, Smith blamed her troubles on Elizabeth Johnson, the woman police say she plotted with to steal Gabriel away from his father. Other times, She's blamed Tempe Police, Elizabeth's Grandfather Bob Johnson, and now fresh out of jail, she's focused her ire at the father of the missing boy.

“She keeps saying that she wants this all to be about Gabriel but every chance she gets she bad mouths me, she doesn’t even know me,” said McQueary.

Thanks to angelwhocares for this link .
http://www.kpho.com/news/22459066/detail.html

Just moments after Tammi Smith was released from jail for allegedly conspiring to take custody of Gabriel Johnson away from his father, Logan McQueary, she lashed out at McQueary for waiting so long to join the search for his son.
McQueary set out this week for San Antonio, the last place Gabriel was seen, before his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, either killed the boy, or simply gave him away to strangers.

On Wednesday, McQueary said he has grown tired of Tammi Smith and her attempts to play the victim.

“It’s nothing new, she’s done it the whole time,“ said McQueary.

At times, Smith blamed her troubles on Elizabeth Johnson, the woman police say she plotted with to steal Gabriel away from his father. Other times, She's blamed Tempe Police, Elizabeth's Grandfather Bob Johnson, and now fresh out of jail, she's focused her ire at the father of the missing boy.

“She keeps saying that she wants this all to be about Gabriel but every chance she gets she bad mouths me, she doesn’t even know me,” said McQueary.

“She can say anything she wants, I don’t care, I don’t care about her. I think she’s making a fool of herself,” said McQueary.

“She can say anything she wants, I don’t care, I don’t care about her. I think she’s making a fool of herself,” said McQueary.

I so agree and she better quit messing with Logan!

deb ... thank you for starting this thread, it is really informative and a constructive bit of analysis (and juxtaposition) that is also fascinating, huh? Well, ok, it is also irritating, but it keeps Tammi in check.

Thanks and yes it does and there are just tons of media reports I could put in here that anyone following the case would know about. I didn't want to drag everything in here but just some of the he said/she said stuff is now documented in the police report and shows how Tammi was manipulating the investigation.

http://www.kpho.com/download/2010/0203/22416309.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back