Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summersolstice View Post
    One born in the Midlands of England, who came to live in Canada as a young boy. His father and stepfather worked for AECL.

The other, from Australia, who had lived in Chester a few years back and was working as a nuclear scientist at AECL in Chalk River, living nearby in Deep River.

Both shared an interest in nature photography. Both shared an interest in birds.

Does anyone know if Lachlan Cranswick belonged to any birdwatching/naturalist groups?

Does anyone know where RW lived while he was growing up? A neighbor from the old duplex recently talked to reporters.
    The family of R.W.lived at 12 le Caron street.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/Ca...638/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    According to this missing persons case details, L.C. was in post office area.I wonder if it meant he lived near the post office or was last seen there?
    dotr, other reports said he was last seen boarding a bus in Chalk River at 4:30 pm to head back home (Deep River). IMHO, maybe after reading about his disappearance in the papers, someone may have come forward and said he/she/they saw him (on foot) in the area of the Deep River Post Office at 5:00 p.m

I wish someone from Deep River could help us with this. Where would the Bus Stop from Chalk River be in relation to the Post Office, and how far is the Post Office from his home.

By all means, this could only mean he was last seen at 5 pm in Deep River.

In one of my many searches I came upon some emails, and one person mentioned receiving an email from LC at 7:30 pm that Monday, but I didn't bookmark the page, and cannot find it again. At the time I didn't think that was important since we already had the 'garbage' account that will put him at home later that evening or early hours next day.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

I think this is new. I remember trying to use Google street View before, but was not active in the Deep River area. It is now!!!! I'm trying to find LC home, to see how his garage looks like, if it is open or has a door. House numbers a bit blur. This will also allow us to look at the surrounding area, though it is spring/summer time. OK, found house #26 (number very visible), so his house should be somewhere across the street = #25

Yes! Found it! Link below >>> Click on link, and wait a bit until image loads.

GOOGLE STREET VIEW = L. Cranswick home
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

The other thing bugging me for some reason , is that L.C left finished work on his desk before vacating for what was supposed to be a few days off. As a thorough and careful person, I would have thought completed work would be put away leaving a "clean" desk .
    respectfully snipped and BBM

The very first (and only) time I read about LC taking days off work was in the following Canadian Press article, and I'm still not sure what that is supposed to mean: If he had been on holidays = maybe Christmas holidays or after the New Year?

He went to work on Monday Jan. 18th, so does that mean he was back to work then?

We need some clarification about this, because it sounds as if this article is saying that nobody at work thought anything of him not going to work on Tuesday 19th, because they thought he was still on holidays?

Is that the explanation as why he was not immediately reported missing by people at work? Makes me wonder how many more days would have gone by, if it hadn't been for Mr. Knight
    In fact, the scientist had taken some vacation days and was only reported missing when he failed to show up for a tournament.
    another quote from that same article:
    Lachlan Cranswick hasn't been seen since Jan. 18, when he left work at the National Research Council's Canadian Neutron Beam Centre in Chalk River, northwest of Ottawa.
    RSBM
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...lTs3_ZhXWGHhSQ
    Last edited by Hazel; 02-22-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    ★ Thank you ★

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    Don't know if this could be related, but on Jan 4 2010, Lachlan was disseminating a warning about "fraudulently submitted crystal structures".

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

His memo at the above link contains a link to the explanation of the situation.
    Does anyone have any idea what that means?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxfactor For This Useful Post:

(Canadian Press articles are usually gone after a month)

more snippets from that same article :

"It is pretty much a mystery," colleague Daniel Banks said in an interview.

"Nobody noticed anything was wrong... He didn't seem to be depressed or anything like that."

Banks affectionately described Cranswick as a safety conscious "nerd" who didn't go anywhere without his cell phone and GPS.

"If his friends were over, he would make them take a breathalyzer before leaving the house," he added.

"He was very conscientious that way. It just seems odd that he would have taken any unnecessary risks."

The Australian native had been working at the NRC facility for seven years after leaving a job in England.
    RSBM

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...lTs3_ZhXWGHhSQ
    ★ Thank you ★

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by maxfactor View Post
    I have no idea what that means maxfactor.

Wanted to thank you maxfactor for submitting a request in the Forensic Astrology Forum
    ★ Thank you ★

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I have no idea what that means maxfactor.

Wanted to thank you maxfactor for submitting a request in the Forensic Astrology Forum
    It's the first time I have put in a request so if any of you think you could add more helpful info then please do!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxfactor For This Useful Post:

He has a youtube channel if anyone is interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LachlanCranswick
    Something a little odd, on his Youtube page he lists his age as 43. All other sources say he is 41. Weird..

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxfactor For This Useful Post:

Fox News

Here's a good article I found today:
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...nius-vanishes/

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxfactor For This Useful Post:

This gives an explanation of the fraud involved with papers submitted regarding crystals

http://journals.iucr.org/e/issues/2010/01/00/me0406/

According to a site(blog?)computer translated from Chinese,the fraudsters allegedly from the University Jinggangshan, have been punished .I will not put a link but it was found by google under fang zhouzi also known as fang shimin.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Something a little odd, on his Youtube page he lists his age as 43. All other sources say he is 41. Weird..
    Channel Views: 109
    Total Upload Views: 496
    Last Sign In: 1 month ago
    Subscribers: 0

http://www.youtube.com/user/LachlanCranswick
    ★ Thank you ★

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Here's a good article I found today:
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...nius-vanishes/
    He was not in the nuclear proliferation end of things. He was in the nuclear waste end of things. And what are spent nuclear fuel cells used for? Yes, dirty bombs. His knowledge of x-ray crystallography could be helpful to those who traffic nuclear weapons. Some information:

https://www.llnl.gov/str/March05/Hutcheon.html

Just one of many possibilities.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

This gives an explanation of the fraud involved with papers submitted regarding crystals

http://journals.iucr.org/e/issues/2010/01/00/me0406/

According to a site(blog?)computer translated from Chinese,the fraudsters allegedly from the University Jinggangshan, have been punished .I will not put a link but it was found by google under fang zhouzi also known as fang shimin.
    Hmmm. This angle could make an astrological analysis imperative.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    OK, found house #26 (number very visible), so his house should be somewhere across the street = #25
    Yahoo maps shows LC's address of 25 Summit St is .29 miles / 1 min from the Post Office (corner of Deep River Rd and Hillcrest) ... and .59 miles / 2 mins from 12 le Caron.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast