1099 users online (235 members and 864 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,218

    IN - Jonathan Hartman for sexually abusing teen girls, Greenwood, 2010

    I've been keeping an eye on this case -- found this today

    Cops: youth leader tried to hire hitman

    Updated: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 1:25 PM EST
    Published : Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 11:31 AM EST

    * by: Patrick Tolbert


    A former Greenwood youth leader accused of having sex with minors is now facing a conspiracy to commit murder charge after allegedly trying to hire someone to kill witnesses in the original case against him.
    .....
    The new charges against Hartman stem from a conversation with a fellow inmate in the Johnson County Jail. Prosecutors say Hartman tried to get the inmate to kill the witnesses who were slated to testify against him in court. Police say he also tried to have that inmate kill the child of one of Hartman’s alleged victim’s, believing that the child might be his.


    more here

    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...to-hire-hitman

    Backstory:

    Youth minister had sex with girls, 15
    Hartman being held on $150,000 bond

    Updated: Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 6:43 PM EDT
    Published : Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 11:08 AM EDT

    * Gene Rodriguez
    * Edited by Hyacinth Williams

    Police say a volunteer youth minister at a Greenwood church confessed to having sex with three 15-year-old girls.

    According to police, three years ago 29-year-old Jonathan James Hartman began sexual relationships with the girls in a youth band program. The program was held at The Salvation Army in Greenwood which serves as a pantry and a church. Hartman's parents are the Salvation Army officers at the church and he was a co-youth minister.

    Police say the girls had sex with Hartman at the church, at their homes and at his parents home in Indianapolis. Accoding to police, one of the 15 year olds is pregnant and Hartman is the father.



    more here

    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...olest_20090422


    so much for the "Safe from Harm" training!!
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 02-04-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: emphasis (BBM)
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on this case -- found this today

    Cops: youth leader tried to hire hitman

    Updated: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 1:25 PM EST
    Published : Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 11:31 AM EST

    * by: Patrick Tolbert


    A former Greenwood youth leader accused of having sex with minors is now facing a conspiracy to commit murder charge after allegedly trying to hire someone to kill witnesses in the original case against him.
    .....
    The new charges against Hartman stem from a conversation with a fellow inmate in the Johnson County Jail. Prosecutors say Hartman tried to get the inmate to kill the witnesses who were slated to testify against him in court. Police say he also tried to have that inmate kill the child of one of Hartmanís alleged victimís, believing that the child might be his.


    more here

    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...to-hire-hitman

    Backstory:

    Youth minister had sex with girls, 15
    Hartman being held on $150,000 bond

    Updated: Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 6:43 PM EDT
    Published : Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 11:08 AM EDT

    * Gene Rodriguez
    * Edited by Hyacinth Williams

    Police say a volunteer youth minister at a Greenwood church confessed to having sex with three 15-year-old girls.

    According to police, three years ago 29-year-old Jonathan James Hartman began sexual relationships with the girls in a youth band program. The program was held at The Salvation Army in Greenwood which serves as a pantry and a church. Hartman's parents are the Salvation Army officers at the church and he was a co-youth minister.

    Police say the girls had sex with Hartman at the church, at their homes and at his parents home in Indianapolis. Accoding to police, one of the 15 year olds is pregnant and Hartman is the father.



    more here

    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...olest_20090422


    so much for the "Safe from Harm" training!!
    on the brightside his dumb**sery to hire a hitman will get him alot more time then the original charges probably would.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,557
    I'm starting to think we need to compel all "youth leaders" and "youth pastors" to undergo Level 4 Security Clearance. I've about had it with them.

    Oh yeah, they all "love" the kids so much.....so much that they'll hire a hitman to silence them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,557
    tbl--ITA, and that's why I do think these guys definitely know what they are doing is wrong and immoral. They loathe being shown for who they are. I think it's the same reason we see a large number of suicides in these cases. There is remorse and shame. Not enough to stop but plenty to feel horrible after the fact. I have no doubt that Dr. Bradley is doing some self-loathing right now....GOOD. I loathe him too and I'm not alone.

    Why can't we put something in place to catch these people us BEFORE they offend. I ponder this all the time. If a person goes to a therapist and says, "I've been dreaming about having sex with four year olds, help me!!", what is done? Is there mandated reporting for just saying that you're tempted? If so, we need to change that.

    If our bottom line is to stop the abuse and the rape, we've got to get at the pedophiles before they touch that first kid. If we wait for the rape, and then find some triumph in locking the guy up for 20 years, we didn't save the child.

    If pedophilia is truly a mental illness in the paraphilia dept. of the DSM-IV, why can't those who lean in that direction get preemptive help? Am I far too naive here?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    tbl--ITA, and that's why I do think these guys definitely know what they are doing is wrong and immoral. They loathe being shown for who they are. I think it's the same reason we see a large number of suicides in these cases. There is remorse and shame. Not enough to stop but plenty to feel horrible after the fact. I have no doubt that Dr. Bradley is doing some self-loathing right now....GOOD. I loathe him too and I'm not alone.

    Why can't we put something in place to catch these people us BEFORE they offend. I ponder this all the time. If a person goes to a therapist and says, "I've been dreaming about having sex with four year olds, help me!!", what is done? Is there mandated reporting for just saying that you're tempted? If so, we need to change that.

    If our bottom line is to stop the abuse and the rape, we've got to get at the pedophiles before they touch that first kid. If we wait for the rape, and t
    hen find some triumph in locking the guy up for 20 years, we didn't save the child.

    If pedophilia is truly a mental illness in the paraphilia dept. of the DSM-IV, why can't those who lean in that direction get preemptive help? Am I far too naive here?
    the problem, miss izzy, (othr then the aclu breathing down le's necks for it) is most of these predators are either not bold (or stupid0 enough to tell a therapist, so most of 'pre-emptive" would be guess work.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,218
    What's really evil is he tried to have a little child killed!!

    He should have turned his shame & remorse on himself, however, I think his only remorse is getting caught and I'm not convinced he knows shame because we haven't heard he tried to do himself in....just witnesses & an innocent child.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    What's really evil is he tried to have a little child killed!!

    He should have turned his shame & remorse on himself, however, I think his only remorse is getting caught and I'm not convinced he knows shame because we haven't heard he tried to do himself in....just witnesses & an innocent child.
    i think so too.
    i dont think anyone who would order the death of a baby (particuarly one that might be his own) has any shame or guilt.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,479
    July 2010:

    A former youth volunteer at the Salvation Army was sentenced Tuesday to 70 years in prison for molesting three girls that he met through the organization.

    Jonathan Hartman, 30, molested the victims over the course of three years, until each of them was age 15...

    Hartman had also pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in an elaborate plot to have witnesses in the case killed.
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/y...ion-of-3-girls



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 05:16 PM
  2. GUILTY TX - Ronnie Odom for sexually abusing teen boys, Old River-Winfree, 2010
    By Missizzy in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 05:49 PM
  3. MT - Stacy McLaughlin charged with sexually abusing teen, Alcova Lake, 2010
    By Texas Mist in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 03:14 PM
  4. GUILTY VT - Barry Babson for sexually abusing six girls, North Bennington, 2004
    By mysteriew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 01:26 AM

Tags for this Thread