MI - mom stabs baby son

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/Mother_Stabs_Son_Commerce

"25-year-old Kristy DeHuff is accused of stabbing her one-year-old son with a butcher knife.

Thursday morning, as the family was preparing to return a rental car, DeHuff told her husband she needed to go grab something from the house. After a while, her husband went to check on her and the baby.

He found the front door locked and had to go to the back of the house to gain entry. By the time he got inside, he allegedly found his wife in mid-attack."

They just reported that the little guy is going to make it. He just came out of surgery. Thank God.

"25-year-old Kristy DeHuff is accused of stabbing her one-year-old son with a butcher knife.

Thursday morning, as the family was preparing to return a rental car, DeHuff told her husband she needed to go grab something from the house. After a while, her husband went to check on her and the baby.

He found the front door locked and had to go to the back of the house to gain entry. By the time he got inside, he allegedly found his wife in mid-attack."

They just reported that the little guy is going to make it. He just came out of surgery. Thank God.

Why?

Beautiful mom. Beautiful baby on Facebook.

Seems this woman is an artist.

http://www.artfairinsiders.com/profile/KristyDeHuff

One wierd thing. If you were already outside and had the baby with you and you had to run back in the house for something wouldn't you have handed the baby to the dad? Like it would be easier to run back in alone and retrieve something while he got the baby in his seat?

I asked for help on another thread--the one about the mom who killed her two baby boys in San Antonio. I don't have a TV or watch movies (darned SCA seizures), so I'm about 6 years behind in what films and TV series are showing. You guys have to help out here.

Have there been any recent films or shows which have showcased or even "romanticized" stabbing of children (that seems awful to even type)? I just keep thinking that these are not what I would consider the classic profile of child murder by a mother. Or am I wrong?

I asked for help on another thread--the one about the mom who killed her two baby boys in San Antonio. I don't have a TV or watch movies (darned SCA seizures), so I'm about 6 years behind in what films and TV series are showing. You guys have to help out here.

Have there been any recent films or shows which have showcased or even "romanticized" stabbing of children (that seems awful to even type)? I just keep thinking that these are not what I would consider the classic profile of child murder by a mother. Or am I wrong?

none that i can think of. only movies i saw kids die violently were monster flicks like jaws or tentacles.

Is the baby alive?? This is too horrifying to me and I can't stand it.

I am getting to the point where I have to get off this site for a while-I don't know how cops do it. Day after day-seeing what human beings do to one another. But when it is a child and the child's own mother attacks-I lose it. I am too sensitive to fathom it or even process that. It scares me to death. Has human behavior changed or is it just being reported more???

what the heck is going on jeesh

That's what I asked on the San Antonio mom-stabbed-her-kids thread, kbl...what's up w/ all this stabbing??

These women seem like they do have some kind of mental issues...PPD psychosis? IDK.....not that it's any better, but back in the day babies were smothered or drowned...maybe stabbing in their mind is 'quicker' so the babies don't suffer as long.

Still - is this happening more because families don't live as close to each other, or even in the home with each other as they did years ago....moms are driven over the edge by PPD & stress because they're all on their own?

Even if they're married or living w/ the kids' father, doesn't mean they're getting any assistance w/ day-to-day care for the children.

I wish I knew more about this. I know several young single moms & I want to know what red flags to watch for.

People 'snapping' all over the place. In my mind's eye we are put on earth to help others....and not be selfish. Dear God let me wake up tomorrow unselfish and with a discerning eye for my fellow humans.

Yes Texas Mist-that is what disturbs me the most-'stabbing'-that is so untimately personal and violent and physically hurtful....oh...I can't stand it. My own mother was stabbed to death when I was one and a half years old and I hate the word 'stab' anyway. Sorry for the personal details but that is where I am coming from and it really makes me crazed that anyone is a vic of a stabbing. I think Missizzy has something....what is in the media for gosh sakes? NOT BLAMING THE MEDIA but these things tend to run a course of popularity.
So we question the manner and means-and Texas Mist raises the question of women/mothers needing help. I do too.

How sad, Starry.

((((hugs))))

If you're all not familiar with the infamous Marie Noe you may find this interesting.

Our local paper just did an interview with her. She murdered 8 of her children. EIGHT! That was way back, and even then cops, Doctors, nurses questioned how could EIGHT kids from one family all have died of "SIDS"? However that was between 48 I think and maybe 60 something. People just chalked it up to bad luck.

Mr. Noe stood by her through and through. My brother was her mailman in aroud the late 80's and said they were very nice people.

Well, Mr. Noe died and now she's waiting to die. She very elderly. She has ONE person now on this earth who helps her and it's a neighbor. It's a huge case. They tried her many years after the deaths of her children and she confessed. She only had to wear a GPS because of her age PLUS they used her "brain" to try and figure out what happens when mothers do this.

I've travelled and when sometimes I'd tell people I was from Philly they'd say "Oh man where that lady murdered all her kids?" Thought you might connect this case with it. Or just be interested.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/83421237.html?cmpid=15585797

Starry Night--Please be gentle with yourself. You just brought up something that must be a major trigger for you. I'm so sorry your mother was murdered. That is horribly sad. I know, for a fact, that you are already worried and on edge due to the serial rapist. Maybe it would be wise to limit your time on WS for a while. We'll keep going and welcome you back when you're a bit stronger.

If I were you, I'd rent some comedies, cuddle up with a cup a tea (or a big glass of wine) and look at the lighter side of life for a bit. We all care about you....a great deal.

(((hugs)))

Missizzy

The link is saying the page is not found (my PC is acting up) but I got the cached page. Link to cached page: http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=kr...4&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=55553e29,5d2214cd

I don't know if this is helpful for those who are looking at the thread now?

My sweet daughter-in-law and I have a little hobby of researching old postcards. She'll buy one at an antique store and we'll spend weeks trying to track down the "story". She found a doozy last week--one about a murder. I've spent hours researching it and still not totally figured it out.

Anyway, I found the archives of an old newspaper in central Kansas from 1920 and the "Local Happenings" pages. I was stuck there for hours. You could read about how Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Jenson just had a baby boy, Joseph, the Pringle brothers were building a new barn, Dr. Young's mother was in the hospital again, Thelma and Viola Vogel had gone on a holiday to shop in Kansas City, AND a little clip, mixed in with all the shopping trips, weddings, parties, births, etc.:

Mr. L. T. Palmer was surprised and saddened to drive home from town last week Tuesday to find his wife Alma waiting in the yard for him. She informed him that she had killed their newest baby. He fetched the constable and Mrs. Palmer was taken to the Ladies Home up near Robinson.

I couldn't believe it. Reported just like it wasn't the most awful thing to happen in ten years in a small town. That really shook me up and caused me to look at what we do here on WS in a different light. Maybe these things have always happened. We have just developed a much faster medium on which to compare notes.

Yes, the stabbing thing seems to be a really disturbing trend these days. A newborn in Nova Scotia was stabbed to death recently, and I was shocked - I've certainly heard of suffocating and abandonment, etc, which are totally bad enough... but stabbing? The mind completely reels.

My sweet daughter-in-law and I have a little hobby of researching old postcards. She'll buy one at an antique store and we'll spend weeks trying to track down the "story". She found a doozy last week--one about a murder. I've spent hours researching it and still not totally figured it out.

Anyway, I found the archives of an old newspaper in central Kansas from 1920 and the "Local Happenings" pages. I was stuck there for hours. You could read about how Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Jenson just had a baby boy, Joseph, the Pringle brothers were building a new barn, Dr. Young's mother was in the hospital again, Thelma and Viola Vogel had gone on a holiday to shop in Kansas City, AND a little clip, mixed in with all the shopping trips, weddings, parties, births, etc.:

Mr. L. T. Palmer was surprised and saddened to drive home from town last week Tuesday to find his wife Alma waiting in the yard for him. She informed him that she had killed their newest baby. He fetched the constable and Mrs. Palmer was taken to the Ladies Home up near Robinson.

I couldn't believe it. Reported just like it wasn't the most awful thing to happen in ten years in a small town. That really shook me up and caused me to look at what we do here on WS in a different light. Maybe these things have always happened. We have just developed a much faster medium on which to compare notes.

I do think that is a lot of it - the 24 hour media does make it seem like things are getting worse.

Though, I still think stabbing is a fairly uncommon way for parents to dispose of a baby, as most infanticides mimic the illusion of "putting the baby to sleep." Some really violet ones mutilate, yes, but direct stabbing seems to be over-represented in the media these days.

ETA: Or maybe I'm just paying more attention to it since it's been on my mind since that case in NS. Whatever it is, it's revolting.

That's what I asked on the San Antonio mom-stabbed-her-kids thread, kbl...what's up w/ all this stabbing??

These women seem like they do have some kind of mental issues...PPD psychosis? IDK.....not that it's any better, but back in the day babies were smothered or drowned...maybe stabbing in their mind is 'quicker' so the babies don't suffer as long.

Still - is this happening more because families don't live as close to each other, or even in the home with each other as they did years ago....moms are driven over the edge by PPD & stress because they're all on their own?

Even if they're married or living w/ the kids' father, doesn't mean they're getting any assistance w/ day-to-day care for the children.

I wish I knew more about this. I know several young single moms & I want to know what red flags to watch for.

It seems like a crime of vengeance to me - a lot of resentment was behind that knife.

ETA: A year seems like a long time for PPP/PPD to kick in... there would have to be some sign before then, wouldn't there?

I haven't really seen a trend in movies or TV of moms stabbing their children, however I have seen a shift in the social awareness and social beliefs about such things as stabbing children.
Women usually kill their children softly, when they do kill them - poisoning, suffocation or drowning or even starvation, things that don't get their hands dirty, basically. Sometimes they don't have to even touch the child.
And then the change came about...women have equal (ish) rights, but society decided it was time for equal responsibility. Prosecutors started going after female rapists and female spousal abusers, and that brought the idea to the public, that women are just as capable of evil. And the movies have started to reflect that, the serial killer hiding behind the door is just as likely to be a female, in movies of late. I think when society started to accept that just being female didn't make anyone less likely to be evil, the mentally ill, or stressed, or evil women that chose to kill their children, chose to follow the trend.

Did that make sense at all?

I imagine every parent of a child on WS knows just how awful it is to give your kid that first insulin shot or use a needle to remove a deep splinter. It sends shudders down my spine to this day and I've done a LOT of minor "surgery" and thousands of shots.

I can't make the leap from breast or bottle-feeding a little one, buckling him in his carseat, wiping his face.....to stabbing him and watching him suffer. I don't want to read these particular threads but I'm longing to know what is driving these moms.

There's an old Jewish saying concerning marriage, "When one of you weeps, may the other taste salt". For some reason, that's always stayed with me and not only for marriage but for any loved one. I have three children born to me and eleven via adoption and fostering. I always know when I've bonded. It's the day when the child cuts themselves and I physically feel the pain. Every parent will know what I mean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back