PA - Marie Noe charged with killing 8 of her 10 kids, Philadelphia, 1949-1968

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's an interesting case.

This is about Marie Noe of Philly. From the late 40's until I guesss early 60's she murdered 8 of 10 of her kids. The other two died at childbirth. Cops, Doctors, and nurses had their suspicions, but nothing was done until waaaaaaay later when they looked at the case again.

Thought maybe someone would be interested. I think Marie went down in history as the woman who murdered the most of her own children. Through it all Art her hubby stood by her. Believed her. She finally did get a trial. After intense questioning by Detectives she confessed.

Weird case. Odd lady. Her hubby just died in his 80's and Marie is all alone. Well, duh. They did a write up in our Daily News about her the other day.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/83421237.html?cmpid=15585797

Oh wow! I read this story in a book a few years ago!!! I honestly thought she had already died!

Very interesting case. One I have filed away in my brain. I have read the book on her case a few times. It still bothers me that she essentially did no time for her crimes. I think it's weird that they found no trace of Munchausen's, especially since she killed her kids after losing two through no fault of her own. I think she liked the attention she got from their deaths and tried to replicate it. Poor little babies.

Indeed she's an odd woman. However at one point my brother was her mail carrier and said they were real nice people. That's before they pulled her cold case back out.

Yes, she still lives in the same house where this all happened. Supposedly they let her off because of Mr. Noe's health. Heck, that was 20 years ago and he just died. It was in the obits in our local paper. However, Marie said "his ashes are up there" and pointed to some cardboard box to the reporter.

Forgive me if anyone reads this who is from this section of the city, but my gram always swore the dye from the rug mills messed these people up. It's not all that great a hood anymore. However, as in the article they say a neighbor helps her.

Also, they gave her the deal because they figured they'd learn something when they picked her brain. That worked real well. Now she's all alone. Such is life. I'm not sure if the link I posted had the timeline of when her children were born. It was in three different hospitals. Two of which aren't even really hospitals anymore. The oddest to me is this was a very close knit neighborhood. I mean people didn't miss a trick. Your houses are connected and it was the type of neighborhood where people all went in and out of eachothers homes. Stay at home mom's had their coffee klotches I think my gram called them. Marie did babysit for other neighbors kids. Now that's scary.

Just for an aside if anyone knows of the "Shoemaker killer". Joseph Kallinger. He came from that neighborhood as well. He was a serial killer and he murdered his own teen son. Had the kids help him murder. Oh, and he made shoes for his hampsters. Just sayin................!

Stephen Fried's article about Noe from the Sept. 1998 issue of Philadelphia magazine is at this link.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]http://www.stephenfried.com/marienoe/marie_donttell.html

Fried's best-known magazine article is "Cradle to Grave," his investigation into the deaths of all ten children of Marie and Arthur Noe, which led police to reopen the 30-year-old Philadelphia case as a murder investigation. The day after the story was released to authorities, the Noes were taken in for questioning and Marie Noe confessed, and later pleaded guilty to multiple charges of murder. For his role in the case, Fried received a medal—he became the first journalist ever to receive the Medal of Honor from the Vidocq Society, the elite international group of criminologists, pathologists and police investigators.

Indeed she's an odd woman. However at one point my brother was her mail carrier and said they were real nice people. That's before they pulled her cold case back out.

Yes, she still lives in the same house where this all happened. Supposedly they let her off because of Mr. Noe's health. Heck, that was 20 years ago and he just died. It was in the obits in our local paper. However, Marie said "his ashes are up there" and pointed to some cardboard box to the reporter.

Forgive me if anyone reads this who is from this section of the city, but my gram always swore the dye from the rug mills messed these people up. It's not all that great a hood anymore. However, as in the article they say a neighbor helps her.

Also, they gave her the deal because they figured they'd learn something when they picked her brain. That worked real well. Now she's all alone. Such is life. I'm not sure if the link I posted had the timeline of when her children were born. It was in three different hospitals. Two of which aren't even really hospitals anymore. The oddest to me is this was a very close knit neighborhood. I mean people didn't miss a trick. Your houses are connected and it was the type of neighborhood where people all went in and out of eachothers homes. Stay at home mom's had their coffee klotches I think my gram called them. Marie did babysit for other neighbors kids. Now that's scary.

Just for an aside if anyone knows of the "Shoemaker killer". Joseph Kallinger. He came from that neighborhood as well. He was a serial killer and he murdered his own teen son. Had the kids help him murder. Oh, and he made shoes for his hampsters. Just sayin................!

Made shoes for hamsters? I would LOVE to see a pair of those!

Very interesting case. One I have filed away in my brain. I have read the book on her case a few times. It still bothers me that she essentially did no time for her crimes. I think it's weird that they found no trace of Munchausen's, especially since she killed her kids after losing two through no fault of her own. I think she liked the attention she got from their deaths and tried to replicate it. Poor little babies.

I remember this story too. I'm shocked they didn't find she suffered from Munchausen's too. Maybe they didn't properly dx her back then. The attention is something she seemed to need. I think it was a case of Munchausens though. Seriously though, I wonder why she did no time for her crimes? I don't remember. Some time should have been afforded her. Nobody should walk on such a henious crime/crimes.

R.I.P. to the babies. How very sad.

Gozgals

Made shoes for hamsters? I would LOVE to see a pair of those!

Out of all the vile, horrific things this mad man did this frightened me the worse. Hampster shoes. He did tests on them. He tried to make shoes for them so they could be on the wheel like 24/7.

The woman who did the biography of Sybil did something on this guy. He was actually our shoemaker when we were kids. My mom said he was a fabulous shoemaker. I was freaked she even brought us in the shop. Their shop was attached to the house they lived in.

He murdered his son. He tied him to a ladder and threw him in a hole filled with water that is now The Gallery. He's scarry. Was scarry. I pray for all the victims of this man.

http://buncheness.blogspot.com/2007...eadin-shoemaker-1983.html?zx=d5eb82dd9359a5b7

Okay. That's it. There NEEDS to be a limit to how many kids you can give birth to, and keep in your household. For things like this to stop occurring, maybe require a license to have children. These cases are so abundant, I've lost total faith in humanity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back