Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: MO - (Amber Alert) 8 mo. old Eddie Salazar missing/abducted 2/4/10 from Carthage

Monday, February 08, 2010
    UPDATE: Baby's body found near Carthage

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_sc...-carthage.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

Okay, I am getting SO SICK of this *****. So many people dying at the hand of others. What about "keep your hands to yourself" do people NOT UNDERSTAND???
    Proud WS N-LIB

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

R.I.P Eddie

I hope You and Aveion are running around playing and watching cartoons... becoming the best of friends.

I don't understand why these men are just being charged with filing false police reports.. even after the child has been found deceased. If you lied to police and told them your child was kidnapped, then the baby is found near your home... This is the second time this week we've seen this same lame story... (Aveion Lewis had the same fate too..) And the 3rd time in a month.. (Marc Bookal is still missing..) Where pos parents have claimed their child wandered off or they were kidnapped. The charges should include: Filing a false police report, child endangerment, 1st degree murder, improper disposal of a body, and whatever else they can come up with to make these people rot in prison. jmo.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:

I think that much more serious charges will be forthcoming once autopsies are completed and a cause of death is determined. I think that is what the holdup is.

Bless these babies, it is just so sad....

Salem

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Prosecutor: Charges likely by Tuesday in Salazar baby death
    (February 08, 2010 12:17 pm)

The Jasper County Prosecutor Dean Dankelson said investigators are awaiting autopsy results before filing further charges against the boy’s 29-year-old father, also named Eddie Salazar. The father is currently charged with making a false report to law-enforcement officers.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...039131734.html

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Or, maybe not Tuesday:

Preliminary autopsy results could take two weeks in Salazar case
    Mon Feb 08, 2010, 04:22 PM CST

CARTHAGE, Mo. -
    Preliminary results from the autopsy of the body of little Eddie Salazar Jr. could take two weeks to come back from the Boone County Medical Examiner’s Office in Columbia.

Carthage Police Chief Greg Dagnan said the autopsy was finished as of 4 p.m. but the medical examiner’s office told him they wanted to run some specialized tests that could take two weeks to complete.

It was unclear at 4 p.m. whether this would delay the filing of charges in the eight-month-old baby’s death because Dagnan had not relayed this information to Jasper County Prosecutor Dean Dankelson.

Dankelson said earlier on Monday that he expected preliminary results on Tuesday and anticipated filing charges then.

http://www.carthagepress.com/news/x6...n-Salazar-case

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JLMcKenna83 View Post
    R.I.P Eddie

I hope You and Aveion are running around playing and watching cartoons... becoming the best of friends.

I don't understand why these men are just being charged with filing false police reports.. even after the child has been found deceased. If you lied to police and told them your child was kidnapped, then the baby is found near your home... This is the second time this week we've seen this same lame story... (Aveion Lewis had the same fate too..) And the 3rd time in a month.. (Marc Bookal is still missing..) Where pos parents have claimed their child wandered off or they were kidnapped. The charges should include: Filing a false police report, child endangerment, 1st degree murder, improper disposal of a body, and whatever else they can come up with to make these people rot in prison. jmo.
    More serious charges are coming, guaranteed. The autopsy must be performed and results posted before charges for murder will be assigned. I know, JLM, that it is so difficult and we want the offender to pay for this senseless act of violence against an innocent child (I feel exactly the same!) I want to just cry, imagining the poor baby's last moments.
    Unfortunately, the criminal justice system wheels turn slowly, and it is probably a good thing so a complete investigation and prosecution case can be amassed.
    I feel helpless, and wonder what can we do as a society to stop this cycle of violence.
    We speak for those who can no longer speak for themselves

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SusanB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Or, maybe not Tuesday:

Preliminary autopsy results could take two weeks in Salazar case
    Mon Feb 08, 2010, 04:22 PM CST

CARTHAGE, Mo. -
    Preliminary results from the autopsy of the body of little Eddie Salazar Jr. could take two weeks to come back from the Boone County Medical Examiner’s Office in Columbia.

Carthage Police Chief Greg Dagnan said the autopsy was finished as of 4 p.m. but the medical examiner’s office told him they wanted to run some specialized tests that could take two weeks to complete.

It was unclear at 4 p.m. whether this would delay the filing of charges in the eight-month-old baby’s death because Dagnan had not relayed this information to Jasper County Prosecutor Dean Dankelson.

Dankelson said earlier on Monday that he expected preliminary results on Tuesday and anticipated filing charges then.

http://www.carthagepress.com/news/x6...n-Salazar-case
    Well, they better come up with something more than 'filing a false report' while they're waiting, because if he gets bailed out he's history.

Are they doing toxicology tests?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Autopsy results delayed in Carthage baby’s death

"[Chief Dagnan] said that does not mean that investigators who were present at the autopsy saw no obvious signs of a cause of death. He said the medical examiner simply wants to conduct additional tests to be certain before releasing any findings.

"How that might affect the investigation remained uncertain Monday."
    ---
    "Dagnan said later in the day that additional charges will be up to [the prosecutor]. Police have not said what evidence there is that the father may be responsible for the child’s death."
    ---
    "According to police, the older, preschool sibling of baby Eddie Salazar, who was present in the home the night of the baby’s disappearance, is a half brother. Yadira Aguilar is the biological mother of both children. Only the deceased baby was Eddie Salazar’s biological son."

Lengthy overview of case:
    http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...l?start:int=15

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Eddie Salazar enters not guilty plea in arraignment today
    (February 11, 2010 11:51 am)

Eddie A. Salazar entered a plea of not guilty this morning at his arraignment in Jasper County Circuit Court on a misdemeanor charge of making a false report to police.
    Ulmer Funeral Home in Carthage has announced that visitation for the deceased child will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at 1208 S. Garrison Ave. The funeral service will be 2 p.m. Saturday, with burial to follow at Park Cemetery in Carthage.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...042113311.html

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

i understand they are waiting for autopsy results, but what about obstruction of justice, corpse abuse?????????/

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:

Baby Eddie's obituary
    from the Carthage Press:

CARTHAGE, Mo. -
    Eddie Salazar Jr., 8 months, passed away on Feb. 4, 2009, in Carthage.

He was born on May 25, 2009 in Joplin, Mo. Eddie was the son of Eddie Salazar Sr. and Yadira Aguilar of Carthage.

Eddie is survived by his parents; one brother, Christian Aguilar, of the home; paternal grandparents Juanita Chirinos and Octavio Chirinos of Carthage; maternal grandparents Adela Guzman of Carthage and Manuael Callejas of Carthage; paternal great-grandparent Rita Gonzales of Central America, Honduras and maternal great-grandparent Margarita Ortiz of Central America, Honduras.

Services will be at 2 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010, at Ulmer Funeral Home Chapel. Visitation will be from 5-7 p.m., Friday, Feb. 12, 2010, at Ulmer Funeral Home. Interment in Park Cemetery.

Arrangements are under the direction of Ulmer Funeral Home.
    http://www.carthagepress.com/newsnow...die-Salazar-Jr

The family is, evidently, Honduran in origin.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Father remains 'only' suspect
    (w/arraignment video)

Authorities continue to decline to comment on whether the father provided any other explanation of what happened to the baby or how his body wound up in the river. Investigators have said the mother was at work at the time and is not a suspect in the baby’s death.

“As far as we know, there have been no reported (domestic disturbances) between (Salazar and Aguilar), and no other reported incidents of child abuse or neglect,” Carthage police Chief Greg Dagnan said Thursday.

Dagnan declined to comment on whether the older boy remains in his mother’s care. He did say that he believes the mother is no longer staying in the house on Mound Street.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...042161141.html

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Large crowd attends funeral for Eddie Salazar
    (February 13, 2010 05:34 pm)

CARTHAGE, Mo. — More than 100 people attended the funeral of Eddie Salazar Jr. in Carthage on Saturday afternoon.

The 8 month-old boy was laid to rest in a baby blue casket at Park Cemetery, surrounded by dozens of his family members.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...044181812.html

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

There is no words.

The family chose to have an open casket. How hard that must have been for them.
    http://www.joplinglobe.com/eddie_sal...yword=topstory
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

oh my that teeny tiny casket is just heartbreaking.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I just can't imagine.

It's so sad when a child dies of natural causes...cancer, SIDS, etc...

But, when a child dies at the hands of a parent???? It's so senseless.

Rest In Peace Baby Boy.

Prayers to the family.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Bump - Lil Eddie was on the third page...Any updates?
    Proud WS N-LIB

R.I.P. Eddie Prayers for the family. What a senseless, tragic death.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SondraK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JLMcKenna83 View Post
    oh my that teeny tiny casket is just heartbreaking.
    As darlingirl said "there are no words".
    And the pos responsible didn't even look upset in court.

Murder charges to be filed today against Carthage man who reported his infant son was abducted

Updated Feb 17, 2010 - 1:15 PM CST

Murder charges are expected to be filed in Jasper County, Mo. today against Eddie Salazar, Sr.

Earlier this month Salazar reported that his eight month old was abducted earlier this month.

An Amber Alert was issued for Eddie Salazar, Jr., whose body was found later in the Spring River east of Carthage.

Medical examiners have ruled the death of Eddie Salazar, Jr. a homicide.

The cause of death will not be released at this time.

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11939060
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Eddie Salazar Sr. charged with 2nd-degree murder in baby’s death

A second-degree murder are being filed today against Eddie Salazar Sr., according to Jasper County prosecutor Dean Dankelson.

Dankelson said physical evidence and statements made by the father indicate he was responsible for the child’s death. The death occurred around 9:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 4, when the child was in the sole custody of his father. The child apparently died from blunt head trauma, according to autopsy results.

“I believe the child was dead before he ever went into the river,” Dankelson said.

The autopsy also indicated other bone fractures and a skull fracture, which authorities believe was inflicted that night.

Baby Eddie was the subject of an Amber Alert after his father told police on Feb. 4 that two men in masks broke into the family’s home at 227 E. Mound St. and abducted the child. Less than 24 hours later, authorities learned that the boy’s father fabricated the kidnapping story.

The baby’s body was discovered by searchers on Feb. 7 in Spring River, a half-mile downstream from a bridge on County Road 85, east of Carthage.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...048161627.html

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

The father of an eight-month old baby found dead in the Spring River on February 6th has been charged with second-degree murder.

Probable cause statement here too.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2010/02/eddie-salazar-charged-with-murder-in.html
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kathee For This Useful Post:

Salazar baby’s father charged in death
    (February 17, 2010 10:47 pm)

Dean Dankelson, the Jasper County prosecutor, said an autopsy performed by the Boone County medical examiner’s office found evidence of bone fractures, including a skull fracture suffered by the baby the night of his death. Dankelson declined to say what other bones had been broken or to discuss whether any of the fractures indicated previous abuse.

The autopsy determined the cause of the child’s death to be blunt head trauma and the manner of death to be homicide, the prosecutor said. He said the medical examiner does not consider the death to be a shaken-baby case.

“There would be other findings in a shaken-baby case that were not present here,” Dankelson said.

He declined to discuss whether the medical examiner believes the baby’s head was struck with an object or was swung against an object or hard surface.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...ml?start:int=0

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Salazar baby’s father charged in death
    (February 17, 2010 10:47 pm)

Dean Dankelson, the Jasper County prosecutor, said an autopsy performed by the Boone County medical examiner’s office found evidence of bone fractures, including a skull fracture suffered by the baby the night of his death. Dankelson declined to say what other bones had been broken or to discuss whether any of the fractures indicated previous abuse.

The autopsy determined the cause of the child’s death to be blunt head trauma and the manner of death to be homicide, the prosecutor said. He said the medical examiner does not consider the death to be a shaken-baby case.

“There would be other findings in a shaken-baby case that were not present here,” Dankelson said.

He declined to discuss whether the medical examiner believes the baby’s head was struck with an object or was swung against an object or hard surface.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...ml?start:int=0
    So he was beaten to death.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast