733 users online (94 members and 639 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Epic Snow Storm for Mid-Atlantic

The DC/MD/VA area is looking at a snowstorm that is being called "epic" and and a possible "snowpocalypse"... our local weather guy just said that it will probably in the top 2 of historical snow storms for the area. We are talking in feet! So hold on tight fellow mid-atlantic dwellers, we are in for a whopper. To those not in the area: keep us in your thoughts and prayers... this storm has potential to be extremely dangerous and destructive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/06/us/06storm.html

i heard 2 feet of snow.
    up here we call that a dusting

They keep changing the count on us... it just went up to 30 inches by tomorrow and that it will be blizzard-like tonight, if not a certifiable blizzard. Mind you, this is on top of the snow that fell weekend before last and the little snow blip we had a few days ago. Crazy weather!

this storm is supposed to miss us to the south or out to sea saturday night.
    probably means will get blindsided by it

Probably does LoL!!!!!

the infamoous blizzard of 78 it is rumored they only forecasted flurries for the day it started (ironically, it was feb 6, which is tommorow) so now any time there's even a hint of snow in the air, everyone stocks up on food 3 days in advance lol

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    My whole family is up there, Baltimore to Lancaster, PA - been talking to them all. You poor guys!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    the infamoous blizzard of 78 it is rumored they only forecasted flurries for the day it started (ironically, it was feb 6, which is tommorow) so now any time there's even a hint of snow in the air, everyone stocks up on food 3 days in advance lol
    BBM. Ain't that the truth??

I can always tell when snow is forecast for our area...my local supermarket is a certifiable ZOO.

WOOHOO! They dismissed school at 12:30 today! I went on my usual weekly trip to the grocery store and was bowled over by the crazies wanting bread, milk and TP. Yowza!
    It is really coming down in that fine blizzard-like way.

it's snowing here in St. Louis but I don't think we'll get nearly the snow that some of you will. Stay safe and warm, fellow WSers

Snowing for an hour little beaded wet type of snow.
    Sticking to everything an slick roads.
    School left out early and everything is canceled for tonight and tomorrow........
    yes everyone is in a panic on TV news buying like they will be snowed in for a month,
    when you live here, you have to get used to the fact that this happens.........LOL
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Here in Alexandria, Va we are settling in for a couple of days...just hoping the electricity doesn't go out !

Heres a site covering the important news related to the snow, like which bars are open in town...

http://www.snowmageddondc.com/
    Last edited by Searchfortruth; 02-05-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    A true storm to be remembered. It was amazing the impact it had here for over a week+! I won't lie, though. It was truly cool to just have to walk everywhere and talk with people. Life slowed down. Pleasantly.

You should have seen the traffic today. No doubt that no one here believes we will not be touched by simple flurries here this weekend. I have errands to do tomorrow. Probably should carry the old rosary beads for road safety!!!!
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Praying for everyone affected by this storm! It's sounds like a horrible situation.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

We're just North of Philadelphia, and it's been fluctuating between 6-8 and 8-12 inches forecast here.

Unfortunately we're expecting a baby any moment, which means it will probably happen midnight tonight right about the time the conditions are supposed to be "blizzard like."

Prayers that the baby decides to stay in "mommy's belly" for at least another 24-48 hours!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast