IL IL - Lemont, BlkMale UP8488, 21-35, in canal, glass eye, Jan'10

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Cops release sketch of man found in canal

February 5, 2010

Authorities on Friday released a sketch of a man found floating in the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal last week in hopes of identifying the drowning victim.
The man was found Jan. 27 in the canal near Lemont. An autopsy confirmed the man drowned, the Cook County medical examiner's office said, but manner of death - accident, suicide or homicide - was undetermined.

0205lemontsketch-p1.jpg_20100205_17_29_43_61-400-282.imageContent

more at link:

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2032158,lemont-canal-body-0205.article

additional info from link.

Illinois State Police took over the investigation and are now requesting public assistance in identifying the man.

He was described as African-American, about 6-foot-2 and between 190 and 220 pounds with a glass left eye. He had no piercings or tattoos, but did have three square hospital leads on his chest.
Anyone with information should call state police Special Agent Freddie Summers at (847) 294-4590.

I couldn't find any follow up stories on this guy. you'd think with a glass left eye, he'd be easy to identify.

I couldn't find any follow up stories on this guy. you'd think with a glass left eye, he'd be easy to identify.

If he was reported missing. He may not have been reported and sadly lots of UID's in IL never have follow up MSM stories.

Two Mp's listed at Charley Project with glass eyes but neither match the above UID.

I did see an African American missing person from OH with a glass left eye but he was in his 70's and bald. this UID appears to be in his mid to late 30's but I don't think a description was given, just the composite.

Bumping. I emailed Blackandmissinginc.com about this UID 6 months ago, asking if they could feature him on their site. I never heard back.

Posting an updated Namus link to this case:
There are clothing pics.
- dark blue or black cold weather jacket (nylon looking exterior), zip up, with elastic at wrists
-brown and black plaid button up shirt
-black tshirt
- ? Not sure - black athletic pants or shorts with elastic and tie waistband?
-?? A brown washcloth?
-medium gray jogging pants
- something that looks like a black plastic garbage bag, but lined?
- dark blue or black jeans with distinctive stitching on back pocket - I dig some searches and I’m pretty sure these are brand True Religon.
- black belt

Case states: One or more limbs not recovered. So that may be why there aren’t any shoes or socks among the clothing.

Looks well dressed with matching colors. Those jeans weren’t cheap. Not sure why there seems to be three things you wear on the bottom half, or what the plastic thing is, or why there’s a wash cloth?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288