1076 users online (211 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Prosecutors New Motion for Private Meeting w/Judge but w/out Defense #2

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...ony-trial-date (thank you to angelwhocares )

*Prosecutors also filed a new motion asking the judge for a private closed-door meeting without the defense attorneys. Prosecutors say they have new material and information from investigators regarding the case that they donít want to go be disclosed to the public.*

what do you think this could be? any ideas?

do we know what kind of info prosecutors are allowed to with hold?

i found this very interesting

one thought i had was that KC was involed in some other *hinky* matter that involved someone else....and they are still investigating that crime....
    Last edited by JBean; 02-06-2010 at 03:51 AM.

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95075]Thread #1[/ame]

Stay on topic please about what this may be in referece to.

There's a lot of good information in thread 1, in particular from our verified member attorneys.

At this point I'm inclined to believe that the reason for this ex-parte motion made by the prosecution, in which they requested that the defense not be present, is because it's about the defense. It may also include other individuals.

It sounds like LE is in the process of investigating something that involves a member or members of the defense team, and want a delay in the release of the evidence, until LE concludes their investigation.

I also believe that this investigation could prove to be a major bombshell once the investigation is concluded and the information is released as discovery and made public.

My guess is that it involves JB, but may also involve other individuals, such as a member or members of the Anthony family, and/or DC.
    My posts are my opinion..........

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    There's a lot of good information in thread 1, in particular from our verified member attorneys.

At this point I'm inclined to believe that the reason for this ex-parte motion made by the prosecution, in which they requested that the defense not be present, is because it's about the defense. It may also include other individuals.

It sounds like LE is in the process of investigating something that involves a member or members of the defense team, and want a delay in the release of the evidence, until LE concludes their investigation.

I also believe that this investigation could prove to be a major bombshell once the investigation is concluded and the information is released as discovery and made public.

My guess is that it involves JB, but may also involve other individuals, such as a member or members of the Anthony family, and/or DC.
    Yes, and it could well explain why the prosecution would agree to a tenative 2011 date for the trial. *IF* they feel that say, JB is about to be removed from case, and know a new attorney will have to take over, they might be willing to accept 15ish months out for a trial date.

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    Yes, and it could well explain why the prosecution would agree to a tenative 2011 date for the trial. *IF* they feel that say, JB is about to be removed from case, and know a new attorney will have to take over, they might be willing to accept 15ish months out for a trial date.
    Yes, and if they feel that it's likely that JB would be removed from the case, I don't think they would drag the investigation out for too long, knowing that a new attorney will have to take over and get up-to-speed on the case with a target trial date in May 2011. The prosecution is only asking for a delay in releasing the new information and material in discovery.

I think we'll know what this is all about fairly soon. Not next week, but hopefully in the next couple of months.
    My posts are my opinion..........

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    Yes, after reviewing SA's handling of most of the new evidence, including the handling of the tape JJ turned over to the LE, we haven't seen this response before. I've got to believe this is something far more important than a photograph that's surfaced or a searcher who has stepped forward to say "pick my testimony".

What else would stop the SA from including the defense team in on the meeting with JS, since they have been impeccable with releases of information in the past. Somehow, this must include a behavior or submission of new evidence that somehow questionably includes the defense team. What else could possibly cause the SA to respond like this?

Materials and information.........I believe that DC released info about KC and Baezs' inappropriate relationship. I expect JB will be off the case, among other things based on what DC spilled.

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    I'm as fascinated by the deafening silence from the defense camp as I am by the thought of LE coming into new materials.
    I really hope DC comes (came) clean. If he truly believes what he's advertsing on his website re the rights of missing children and seeking the truth he would have to IMO.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

Ok...about setting the trial date...when I found out it was the prosecution who had requested it...I immediately thought...well, now we have a game. The SA's office is (I'm sure) aware of Ms. Lyon's tactics...and they're saying "no worries" we'll be right here and ready whenever you are. Play your little games, do your little dances...no matter...we know why we're here and we'll wait...for Caylee.

Sorry, JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Yes, after reviewing SA's handling of most of the new evidence, including the handling of the tape JJ turned over to the LE, we haven't seen this response before. I've got to believe this is something far more important than a photograph that's surfaced or a searcher who has stepped forward to say "pick my testimony".

What else would stop the SA from including the defense team in on the meeting with JS, since they have been impeccable with releases of information in the past. Somehow, this must include a behavior or submission of new evidence that somehow questionably includes the defense team. What else could possibly cause the SA to respond like this?
    ...well, let's face it...the defense has really loose lips...which I'm sure the judge is quite aware of (remember when JB just wouldn't shut up at the last hearing?)...so perhaps the State wants the defense to know what they have later rather than sooner. In the back of mind, I keep thinking...above all else... they're trying to preserve the integrity of this case.

ETA: and I'm just busting to know whatever!!
    Last edited by RR0004; 02-06-2010 at 01:17 PM.

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Ok...about setting the trial date...when I found out it was the prosecution who had requested it...I immediately thought...well, now we have a game. The SA's office is (I'm sure) aware of Ms. Lyon's tactics...and they're saying "no worries" we'll be right here and ready whenever you are. Play your little games, do your little dances...no matter...we know why we're here and we'll wait...for Caylee.

Sorry, JMHO.
    The judge asked that both sides submit discovery schedules and it looks like only the state did. So it isn't really a game IMO so much as the judge gave a homework assignment and the defense, well they haven't even come up with an excuse yet, they were too busy getting the last assignment before it in, a day late.
    I thought the trial date they selected was really interesting. Good for jurors who won't be stuck in Orlando over the summer holidays and seemingly good for AL as school will have wrapped. It does mean she's making final trial preparations during exams or whatever her students have going at the end of the year however.

sorry for OT- I thought this was the trial date thread
    Last edited by kaRN; 02-06-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: OT

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

Humm, what could this new information be ? I hate to be kept in the dark...

I wonder if this has something to do with any questioning (that may have taken place) with Dominic ?
    Last edited by Searchfortruth; 02-06-2010 at 02:44 PM.

I posted in the first thread several persons that could be the cause of the pros. seeking a closed door meeting with judge/withhold from the defense/public. After reading the whole first thread and the 2nd one, it seems clear to me now that the new info/materials, the trail date set so far in advance....MUST mean they believe they will be able to remove JB. Who has provided the info probably is DC but who knows? I think we may not know the particulars but I think we've probably figured out the end game in this latest pros. action.

I have to add that my brain has gone into overdrive trying to come up with all possibilities. I've gone from all that have been discussed to some far fetched ones such as : maybe DM & SM turned on the A's, to the possibility that those "secure" dvd's of Caylee's remains that were sent to various experts by the defense being given to an intermediary to sell to media outlets but instead the intermediary went to LE, to GA's friend from Ohio that stayed with them when KC was out turning state's witness. My gosh the possibilities are endless.....how long will we have to wait to find out? Cause I could go insane if it's not soon!!!

Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

Quote Originally Posted by suepitzl View Post
    Materials and information.........I believe that DC released info about KC and Baezs' inappropriate relationship. I expect JB will be off the case, among other things based on what DC spilled.
    Good thought...but is that info that is discoverable by the Rule? I am not sure that would fall under discovery, cause it's not related to the murder of Caylee. But you definately have my mental gears working now!

I think JB said he planned on taking the depositions of all 150 witnesses on SA's list. That could easily take a year to do at the rate they are going along now. So the May, 2011 date may just be giving him a little leeway to get them done. But at the present rate they are doing depos....KC will die of natural causes at the ripe age of 95 awaiting trial. JMO

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast