Prosecutors New Motion for Private Meeting w/Judge but w/out Defense #2

TakeNote

Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/020310-casey-anthony-trial-date (thank you to angelwhocares :) )

*Prosecutors also filed a new motion asking the judge for a private closed-door meeting without the defense attorneys. Prosecutors say they have new material and information from investigators regarding the case that they don’t want to go be disclosed to the public.*

what do you think this could be? any ideas? :)

do we know what kind of info prosecutors are allowed to with hold?

i found this very interesting :biggrin:

one thought i had was that KC was involed in some other *hinky* matter that involved someone else....and they are still investigating that crime....

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95075]Thread #1[/ame]

Stay on topic please about what this may be in referece to.

There's a lot of good information in thread 1, in particular from our verified member attorneys.

At this point I'm inclined to believe that the reason for this ex-parte motion made by the prosecution, in which they requested that the defense not be present, is because it's about the defense. It may also include other individuals.

It sounds like LE is in the process of investigating something that involves a member or members of the defense team, and want a delay in the release of the evidence, until LE concludes their investigation.

I also believe that this investigation could prove to be a major bombshell once the investigation is concluded and the information is released as discovery and made public.

My guess is that it involves JB, but may also involve other individuals, such as a member or members of the Anthony family, and/or DC.

There's a lot of good information in thread 1, in particular from our verified member attorneys.

At this point I'm inclined to believe that the reason for this ex-parte motion made by the prosecution, in which they requested that the defense not be present, is because it's about the defense. It may also include other individuals.

It sounds like LE is in the process of investigating something that involves a member or members of the defense team, and want a delay in the release of the evidence, until LE concludes their investigation.

I also believe that this investigation could prove to be a major bombshell once the investigation is concluded and the information is released as discovery and made public.

My guess is that it involves JB, but may also involve other individuals, such as a member or members of the Anthony family, and/or DC.

Yes, and it could well explain why the prosecution would agree to a tenative 2011 date for the trial. *IF* they feel that say, JB is about to be removed from case, and know a new attorney will have to take over, they might be willing to accept 15ish months out for a trial date.

Yes, and it could well explain why the prosecution would agree to a tenative 2011 date for the trial. *IF* they feel that say, JB is about to be removed from case, and know a new attorney will have to take over, they might be willing to accept 15ish months out for a trial date.

Yes, and if they feel that it's likely that JB would be removed from the case, I don't think they would drag the investigation out for too long, knowing that a new attorney will have to take over and get up-to-speed on the case with a target trial date in May 2011. The prosecution is only asking for a delay in releasing the new information and material in discovery.

I think we'll know what this is all about fairly soon. Not next week, but hopefully in the next couple of months.

Yes, after reviewing SA's handling of most of the new evidence, including the handling of the tape JJ turned over to the LE, we haven't seen this response before. I've got to believe this is something far more important than a photograph that's surfaced or a searcher who has stepped forward to say "pick my testimony".

What else would stop the SA from including the defense team in on the meeting with JS, since they have been impeccable with releases of information in the past. Somehow, this must include a behavior or submission of new evidence that somehow questionably includes the defense team. What else could possibly cause the SA to respond like this?

Materials and information.........I believe that DC released info about KC and Baezs' inappropriate relationship. I expect JB will be off the case, among other things based on what DC spilled.

I'm as fascinated by the deafening silence from the defense camp as I am by the thought of LE coming into new materials.
I really hope DC comes (came) clean. If he truly believes what he's advertsing on his website re the rights of missing children and seeking the truth he would have to IMO.

Ok...about setting the trial date...when I found out it was the prosecution who had requested it...I immediately thought...well, now we have a game. The SA's office is (I'm sure) aware of Ms. Lyon's tactics...and they're saying "no worries" we'll be right here and ready whenever you are. Play your little games, do your little dances...no matter...we know why we're here and we'll wait...for Caylee.

Sorry, JMHO.

Yes, after reviewing SA's handling of most of the new evidence, including the handling of the tape JJ turned over to the LE, we haven't seen this response before. I've got to believe this is something far more important than a photograph that's surfaced or a searcher who has stepped forward to say "pick my testimony".

What else would stop the SA from including the defense team in on the meeting with JS, since they have been impeccable with releases of information in the past. Somehow, this must include a behavior or submission of new evidence that somehow questionably includes the defense team. What else could possibly cause the SA to respond like this?
...well, let's face it...the defense has really loose lips...which I'm sure the judge is quite aware of (remember when JB just wouldn't shut up at the last hearing?)...so perhaps the State wants the defense to know what they have later rather than sooner. In the back of mind, I keep thinking...above all else... they're trying to preserve the integrity of this case.

ETA: and I'm just busting to know whatever!!

Ok...about setting the trial date...when I found out it was the prosecution who had requested it...I immediately thought...well, now we have a game. The SA's office is (I'm sure) aware of Ms. Lyon's tactics...and they're saying "no worries" we'll be right here and ready whenever you are. Play your little games, do your little dances...no matter...we know why we're here and we'll wait...for Caylee.

Sorry, JMHO.

The judge asked that both sides submit discovery schedules and it looks like only the state did. So it isn't really a game IMO so much as the judge gave a homework assignment and the defense, well they haven't even come up with an excuse yet, they were too busy getting the last assignment before it in, a day late.
I thought the trial date they selected was really interesting. Good for jurors who won't be stuck in Orlando over the summer holidays and seemingly good for AL as school will have wrapped. It does mean she's making final trial preparations during exams or whatever her students have going at the end of the year however.

sorry for OT- I thought this was the trial date thread

Humm, what could this new information be ? I hate to be kept in the dark...

I wonder if this has something to do with any questioning (that may have taken place) with Dominic ?

I posted in the first thread several persons that could be the cause of the pros. seeking a closed door meeting with judge/withhold from the defense/public. After reading the whole first thread and the 2nd one, it seems clear to me now that the new info/materials, the trail date set so far in advance....MUST mean they believe they will be able to remove JB. Who has provided the info probably is DC but who knows? I think we may not know the particulars but I think we've probably figured out the end game in this latest pros. action.

I have to add that my brain has gone into overdrive trying to come up with all possibilities. I've gone from all that have been discussed to some far fetched ones such as : maybe DM & SM turned on the A's, to the possibility that those "secure" dvd's of Caylee's remains that were sent to various experts by the defense being given to an intermediary to sell to media outlets but instead the intermediary went to LE, to GA's friend from Ohio that stayed with them when KC was out turning state's witness. My gosh the possibilities are endless.....how long will we have to wait to find out? Cause I could go insane if it's not soon!!!

:cow:

Materials and information.........I believe that DC released info about KC and Baezs' inappropriate relationship. I expect JB will be off the case, among other things based on what DC spilled.

Good thought...but is that info that is discoverable by the Rule? I am not sure that would fall under discovery, cause it's not related to the murder of Caylee. But you definately have my mental gears working now!

I think JB said he planned on taking the depositions of all 150 witnesses on SA's list. That could easily take a year to do at the rate they are going along now. So the May, 2011 date may just be giving him a little leeway to get them done. But at the present rate they are doing depos....KC will die of natural causes at the ripe age of 95 awaiting trial. JMO

Hmmmm..............is it a coincidence that WFTV had this article posted yesterday on juror surveys, in which JB was described as an ambulance chaser and a rat by potential jurors in a case in Osceola County in 2008. It's almost as if they're doing the background for a future announcement that JB has been taken off the case. That was my first impression in reading it.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22479250/detail.html

Leila, you always find good stuff. It's interesting what a low opinion folks had of him shortly after taking Casey on as a client. But reading on, it states that his reputation is slowly improving! I guess he was worried that his reputation was being negatively impacted by his association with Miss C. (duh!) To be honest with ya, I don't see that changing all that drastically.

Leila, you always find good stuff. It's interesting what a low opinion folks had of him shortly after taking Casey on as a client. But reading on, it states that his reputation is slowly improving! I guess he was worried that his reputation was negatively being impacted by his association with Miss C. (duh!) To be honest with ya, I don't see that changing all that drastically.

There could be a silver lining in having JB's reputation improve: It may be a sign that the mood of the people is "judicious" and the public is very interested in hearing the facts of this case and laying them out properly, without regard to their own opinions of JB.
I am finding myself mellowing in those regards-At this point, I am eager to see the facts laid out, and I care very little anymore what an arse JB makes of himself.
But it may also be that we are seeing slightly less of JB lately anyway.

If I were surveyed about JB, I would try to answer only in regards to how he laid out the facts and performed his duty as a legal advocate. I am starting to realize that, like when you are raising a child, it is better not to give attention to negative behavior. It only makes him keep behaving badly.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/12/ng.01.html

"KATHI BELICH, WFTV: Well, I watched 12 minutes` worth of video, listened to it. There is audio that tape. We were not permitted to record it. We were permitted to record about a minute-and-a-half of the video. But I heard on that video -- at a point where you`re seeing the concrete blocks at the scene, I heard Dominic Casey, the Anthonys` private eye, say, It would be right here. The man who shot that video, private eye Jim Hoover, says that Dominic Casey told him that Caylee was dead and they were going to find her, and that`s what they were doing in that area on November 15th and November 16th."

"BELICH: I heard him say, It would be right here. And I listened to it again and again. And we were watching it on a big monitor and I stood with my ear right next to the speaker and then away from it. I listened to it several times so that I was sure. And what he says is, It would be right here."

BBM
DC sure does have some 'splaining to do! Hope he told LE how he knew "It would be right here"!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/12/ng.01.html

"KATHI BELICH, WFTV: Well, I watched 12 minutes` worth of video, listened to it. There is audio that tape. We were not permitted to record it. We were permitted to record about a minute-and-a-half of the video. But I heard on that video -- at a point where you`re seeing the concrete blocks at the scene, I heard Dominic Casey, the Anthonys` private eye, say, It would be right here. The man who shot that video, private eye Jim Hoover, says that Dominic Casey told him that Caylee was dead and they were going to find her, and that`s what they were doing in that area on November 15th and November 16th."

"BELICH: I heard him say, It would be right here. And I listened to it again and again. And we were watching it on a big monitor and I stood with my ear right next to the speaker and then away from it. I listened to it several times so that I was sure. And what he says is, It would be right here."

BBM
DC sure does have some 'splaining to do! Hope he told LE how he knew "It would be right here"!
Interesting...would they have the audacity to refer to Caylee as an "it"...or do you think that it's something that was discarded which directly links Casey to the crime?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back