Search for Baby Gabriel now a murder investigation

thank you for starting a new thread.. :( This is HORRIBLE news.
Did they say that they have new information now that leads them to believe this should be a murder investigation?

thank you for starting a new thread.. :( This is HORRIBLE news.
Did they say that they have new information now that leads them to believe this should be a murder investigation?

According to police, there is information that Baby Gabriel, who was last seen in San Antonio the day after Christmas, was murdered and dumped in a landfill.
SAPD said the section of the landfill has been closed off and they will begin an active search in that area for the body.

That seems to me that they are saying (I could be wrong) that someone took G to the landfill and put him there? Why wouldn't they say that they believe he was murdered and that he might be there now? That is worded weird (I think JMO)

I wish they would say what the new information that leads them to believe that is. :( Maybe something Logan found at the house when moving?

According to police, there is information that Baby Gabriel, who was last seen in San Antonio the day after Christmas, was murdered and dumped in a landfill.
SAPD said the section of the landfill has been closed off and they will begin an active search in that area for the body.

I wonder what information they have besides EJ's text? :cry:

I'm sick with the thought of it
my heart & stomach did flipflops when I saw this thread title
I hope for Logan's (& Gabriel's obviously!) sake it's not true

Sorry. Mine did to when I saw it on FB. I just copied and pasted it from the title of the article (not the FB, the news site).

This report says it is now a dual murder and missing person's investigation:

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/

I thought it would have been a dual investigation all along...
I've seen previous news reports that have stated it was a dual investigation. Today's the first time I recall specifically homicide detectives being mentioned though.

Police Classify Baby Gabriel Case As Homicide - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

http://www.kpho.com/news/22486917/detail.html

During a news briefing on Saturday, police said it doesn't mean they think the 9-month-old boy is dead. They said the classification is a procedural step needed to move forward with a search of a Texas landfill.

I heart breaks for Logan right now. Here he just got in San Antonio a few hours ago and now this announcement. But at least I hope now he knows LE is investigating everything.

I am not going to get upset about this yet. There has been information that he was murdered and dumped in a landfill all along.

Many people, including LM, have been pushing for a landfill search and wondering why it wasn't done a long time ago. Perhaps it needs to be classified as a homicide investigation before they can go down that route and put the right individuals and resources into it.

ETA: Ah yes.. that is the case. Thanks, Chemeria!

How is this different from the dual investigation stuff we've been hearing for weeks?
We know they think he's in the landfill, they wouldn't have cordoned that part off otherwise.

What am I missing? Or was it just a slow news day?

I am not going to get upset about this yet. There has been information that he was murdered and dumped in a landfill all along.

Many people, including LM, have been pushing for a landfill search and wondering why it wasn't done a long time ago. Perhaps it needs to be classified as a homicide investigation before they can go down that route and put the right individuals and resources into it.

ETA: Ah yes.. that is the case. Thanks, Chemeria!

Perhaps LMs trip to SA has helped spur this development to get the search in full gear.

How is this different from the dual investigation stuff we've been hearing for weeks?
We know they think he's in the landfill, they wouldn't have cordoned that part off otherwise.

Reading the first article posted, I thought LE had something new. But the second article confirms the reason for the statement, that they need to state it as a murder investigation for procedural reasons. So nothing seems 'new' after all ~ thankfully.

Previous dual:
Tempe PD - kidnapping
SAPD - missing persons

Now Tempe PD's kidnapping investigation is closed, and SAPD has officially opened a homicide investigation.

Current dual:
SAPD - homicide
SAPD - missing persons

MissingGabe emailed me earlier and told me the family will be issuing a statement, so keep an eye on the news for that.

Please pray for Gabriel, Logan, and all Gabriel's family. They love Gabe very, very much.

Reading the first article posted, I thought LE had something new. But the second article confirms the reason for the statement, that they need to state it as a murder investigation for procedural reasons. So nothing seems 'new' after all ~ thankfully.

Yes, this is new.

Yes, this is new.
From reading your previous post, I see that. Thanks so much for the information and I am praying for Logan, his family and of course Gabriel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back