695 users online (105 members and 590 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

A year since Haleigh vanished (psych profiles of those who surrounded Haleigh)

I have no idea where to post this, so I'll put it here, but it involves all of the players, very interesting, gives some background info on the families:

A year since Haleigh vanished, Ronald and Misty lost their way long ago
    By Dana Treen
    http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...way_long_ago_0
    Ronald Cummings was already a volatile man with a drug-related past when he met Misty Croslin, a defiant, barely educated teenager who moved in nearby.

Before they came to define the troubling story of Cummings' 5-year-old daughter, the pair now jailed on trafficking charges lived in a world surrounded by drugs and marked by mistrust, family and others recalled in interviews.
    Last edited by Kimster; 02-07-2010 at 03:47 AM.

Finally some answers about who raised Ronald.

Annette Sykes, who reared him and his sister until Sykes' husband became debilitated by Alzheimer's. Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of the two children beginning when Ronald was 3. He moved out as his grandfather became increasingly ill and was back with his mother, Teresa Neves, in Sumter County by the time he was a young teenager

.http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...way_long_ago_0

I wonder why Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of Ronald and Crystal from the time he was 3?

That was the best and most informative article about the family life of the players I have ever seen. Well Done Maven..and Thank You.
    Whisperer

Misty psych thread: Misty and family psych profile - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ron psych thread: Ron and family psych profile - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm going to go ahead and close the above threads and we'll just have one. It will save me from having a loaded PM box in the morning.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-17-2015 at 09:26 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Wow, what an article. so much pain in these families-it kind of rips @ my heart. I hope the reporter does a follow up with a few things, if he's legally allowed. Thank you so much, Dana Treen. You made me feel like I know these people a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I wonder why Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of Ronald and Crystal from the time he was 3?
    ME TOO! I think this is very interesting! And it makes me wonder if that is why TN covers up for RC? And why RC has a "Teresa" tat instead of one that says "Mom"?

Did we know that Misty quit school in the sixth grade? That would explain why she doesn't have a handle on percentages.

Both emotionally distanced. Very very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    ME TOO! I think this is very interesting! And it makes me wonder if that is why TN covers up for RC? And why RC has a "Teresa" tat instead of one that says "Mom"?
    the tat makes a lot more sense now. he idolized the estranged mother he longed for.

Did we know that Misty quit school in the sixth grade? That would explain why she doesn't have a handle on percentages.
    we did, though i sometimes read 8th grade.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I believe yes whatever happened when they were young there is allot of baggage still. Trying to make up for what was not. MOO

LOL it was rumored before, but I am not sure it was ever confirmed, till now. The part about Misty is interesting, I had no idea her dad could not read.

I found the part that GGMS said about Misty very interesting:
    "You can't threaten her or do anything to her emotionally or mentally that will affect her," Sykes said. "She doesn't have the ability."
    I think we have witnessed this for a year, and most recently in her jailhouse recordings.

Sykes said she saw another side of her grandson's girlfriend in the months after Haleigh vanished, when Cummings, Croslin and Ronald Jr. moved in with her.

"You can't threaten her or do anything to her emotionally or mentally that will affect her," Sykes said. "She doesn't have the ability."

Sykes said even repeated interrogations by investigators had little impact.

"When the sheriff's department was threatening her and doing all their doings and stuff, it didn't faze her," she said.

You know I would sure like to hear an example of this. I don't believe for a second they ever pushed her on anything or threatened her. She is either repeating something Ron or TN told her or she is lying.

in an interview soon after haleigh's disappearance, misty's mom talked about misty leaving home young and not living with the family for several years as a teen. i think thay's when we first learned about her dropping out of school. then her grandmother mentioned in an interview that she would plead with misty to go to school. that might be where we first heard sixth grade.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I believe her dad probably has the same reading trouble Misty does. If she hadn't learned to read by 6th grade there was something really wrong.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast