A year since Haleigh vanished (psych profiles of those who surrounded Haleigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maven2379

Reaction score
Website
maven2379.wordpress.com
I have no idea where to post this, so I'll put it here, but it involves all of the players, very interesting, gives some background info on the families:

A year since Haleigh vanished, Ronald and Misty lost their way long ago
By Dana Treen
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ed_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_long_ago_0
Ronald Cummings was already a volatile man with a drug-related past when he met Misty Croslin, a defiant, barely educated teenager who moved in nearby.

Before they came to define the troubling story of Cummings' 5-year-old daughter, the pair now jailed on trafficking charges lived in a world surrounded by drugs and marked by mistrust, family and others recalled in interviews.

Finally some answers about who raised Ronald.

Annette Sykes, who reared him and his sister until Sykes' husband became debilitated by Alzheimer's. Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of the two children beginning when Ronald was 3. He moved out as his grandfather became increasingly ill and was back with his mother, Teresa Neves, in Sumter County by the time he was a young teenager

.http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ed_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_long_ago_0

I wonder why Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of Ronald and Crystal from the time he was 3?

That was the best and most informative article about the family life of the players I have ever seen. Well Done Maven..and Thank You.
Whisperer

Wow, what an article. so much pain in these families-it kind of rips @ my heart. I hope the reporter does a follow up with a few things, if he's legally allowed. Thank you so much, Dana Treen. You made me feel like I know these people a little better.

I wonder why Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of Ronald and Crystal from the time he was 3?

ME TOO! I think this is very interesting! And it makes me wonder if that is why TN covers up for RC? And why RC has a "Teresa" tat instead of one that says "Mom"?

Did we know that Misty quit school in the sixth grade? That would explain why she doesn't have a handle on percentages.

Both emotionally distanced. Very very sad.

ME TOO! I think this is very interesting! And it makes me wonder if that is why TN covers up for RC? And why RC has a "Teresa" tat instead of one that says "Mom"?
the tat makes a lot more sense now. he idolized the estranged mother he longed for.

Did we know that Misty quit school in the sixth grade? That would explain why she doesn't have a handle on percentages.
we did, though i sometimes read 8th grade.

I believe yes whatever happened when they were young there is allot of baggage still. Trying to make up for what was not. MOO

LOL it was rumored before, but I am not sure it was ever confirmed, till now. The part about Misty is interesting, I had no idea her dad could not read.

I found the part that GGMS said about Misty very interesting:
"You can't threaten her or do anything to her emotionally or mentally that will affect her," Sykes said. "She doesn't have the ability."

I think we have witnessed this for a year, and most recently in her jailhouse recordings.

Sykes said she saw another side of her grandson's girlfriend in the months after Haleigh vanished, when Cummings, Croslin and Ronald Jr. moved in with her.

"You can't threaten her or do anything to her emotionally or mentally that will affect her," Sykes said. "She doesn't have the ability."

Sykes said even repeated interrogations by investigators had little impact.

"When the sheriff's department was threatening her and doing all their doings and stuff, it didn't faze her," she said.

You know I would sure like to hear an example of this. I don't believe for a second they ever pushed her on anything or threatened her. She is either repeating something Ron or TN told her or she is lying.

in an interview soon after haleigh's disappearance, misty's mom talked about misty leaving home young and not living with the family for several years as a teen. i think thay's when we first learned about her dropping out of school. then her grandmother mentioned in an interview that she would plead with misty to go to school. that might be where we first heard sixth grade.

I believe her dad probably has the same reading trouble Misty does. If she hadn't learned to read by 6th grade there was something really wrong.

The two became a couple but the relationship was rocky on the Monday night that Haleigh went missing. Croslin spent the weekend partying, although she was home by the time Cummings went to work Monday evening. But Cummings was angry and repeatedly called her brother that night, demanding to know where she was when he couldn't get her on the phone.

I wonder how the reporter found this out?

They had also talked when Croslin baby-sat Cummings' youngest son, who lived with a former girlfriend. Croslin warned Cummings he needed to gain custody of the baby because she said the child's mother was a drug abuser who would sometimes disappear and abandon the boy with whoever had him.

Why didn't Ron care about this son? Because he wasn't having to pay child support?

Very Interesting!

Just as many of us thought! GGMS (and her husband Kirby) did raise Ronald and his sister for 9 yrs..age 3-12 in Ron's case..not only raised them, but actually had guardianship as well. Dang, I want to know the background on that. GGMS also said that Ron called his grandfather "daddy", I wonder if he called her "mama" at one time and that's why he calls TN "mother" Ron and his sister only went to live with TN because of GGMS husband's Alzheimer's was becoming much worse and by my rough calculations using the dates in the articles he only lived with her for no more than 5 yrs, if that. Then he and Crystal moved back in with GGMS. I wonder how much contact TN had with her children during the years they were with GGMS. Most of all I want to know WHY she didn't have them herself...

I bet TN is terrified that someone is going to open her closet and ALL her skeletons are going to come spilling out..Oh well.. you know what 'they' say..You reap what you sow and I have a feeling TN has done alot of sowing in her time. :wink: ...that's nothing more than my opinion though..:

I believe her dad probably has the same reading trouble Misty does. If she hadn't learned to read by 6th grade there was something really wrong.

That's what he said in the article..that he couldn't read either and reading disablities ran in the family.

I'm like you though Dr. Fessel, I don't see how she made it to the 6th grade without knowing how to read. Quite a few people along the way in those elementary school years dropped the ball BIG TIME, imo. 6th grade for Misty would have only been 6 years ago...it's just inexcusable that this day in time a child could move from one grade to the next, not knowing how to read. How can a teacher NOT know that? How in the world was that supposed to work? It's no wonder that she dropped out, if she couldn't read, I don't know how she could possibly do any work in any subject by that time!

The two became a couple but the relationship was rocky on the Monday night that Haleigh went missing. Croslin spent the weekend partying, although she was home by the time Cummings went to work Monday evening. But Cummings was angry and repeatedly called her brother that night, demanding to know where she was when he couldn't get her on the phone.

I wonder how the reporter found this out?

Well, that puts the lie to the assurances "We know she was home".

Didn't Ronald say at one point that he only called Tommy once? It was supposed to prove that he didn't ask Tommy to check on her because there was no follow-up. Did he call Timmy too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie