Gainesville.com article-Croslin's, Cummings' lives tied to family, misfortune

twall

Reaction score
If you have not read this article yet, please do, it is a must read.

Ron's background-who raised him, he went to college (shocker there!), his father was not involved much in his life.

Lindsy-how she met the Croslins, she is an only child raised by her father, the male Croslins worked for an electric company.

TN has some interesting quotes.

And this interesting tidbit:

The night Haleigh vanished, Cummings was working a late shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. Video camera footage from PDM Bridge confirms he was at work that night.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/ARTICLES/2071006/1002?p=1&tc=pg

I have no doubt whatsoever that RC was at work that night. I just want to know from when-to-when and what happened before he went to work and after he came home.

Another informative article but I have to say once again it would have been nice to have some of this information a year ago. How are we supposed to make informed and honest opinions when everything is based on lies. I for one could care less about the past lives of some of these people, I would not have judged or condemned anyone for bad choices. I would have appreciated the truth though and I don't feel as though that is what I was given. Many might say no-one owed me the truth, but I have sleuthed and followed Haleigh's case all year and the truth would have been helpful and valuable in trying to figure out what might have happened to Haleigh that night. JMO

WEll, that article certainly gives the Cummings & Croslin families a nice "none of this was our fault, we're just a victim of our circumstances" spin. Not buying it.

I'm sure there may be video footage of RC at work, at some point that night. That still doesn't clear up if he was there the entire shift(plus overtime) which is highly doubtful.

"He was a very, very intelligent person. He has a very high IQ," Neves said of her son.

hahaha :silenced:

First thing...
MC's life changed the weekend before Haleigh went 'missing?' Seriously? TN thinks MC JUST got involved in the drugs and so forth those two-three days before Haleigh 'went missing?' Really. Seriously? That seems more than a bit naieve to me.

Lindsy has an interesting understanding of that accident of Hank Sr's.....this article makes it appear that accident, and subsequent move-in by Hank and Lisa to her home, happened earlier than just a few days before Haleigh disappeared.

First thing...
MC's life changed the weekend before Haleigh went 'missing?' Seriously? TN thinks MC JUST got involved in the drugs and so forth those two-three days before Haleigh 'went missing?' Really. Seriously? That seems more than a bit naieve to me.

Proof that the spin isn't over yet. :liar:

thank you twall for posting that. great article. and now everything is as clear as day. ron was very intelligent, has a high IQ, has been going to church since he was a kid, was taught by his grandfather to be good to women and children and misty is just a fun loving all around good girl who values family and they all are there for one another. i'm guessing all of this puts to rest any rumors that ron beat CS or MC, i'm guessing he loved spending time with his kids so much that he couldn't possibly work and go to school, maybe his respect for kids stopped at the age of 10 or 12 and that's why he always picked young girls as g/f's. and i guess i missed all the media coverage of his fellow church goers being there by his side during all of this.

as for the croslin family, i guess when you're in pain and the doctor you originally trust to treat you doesn't perform miracles, it is okay to see as many doctors as it takes and while you obviously don't believe what they're telling you because you keep finding new doctors, it's okay to take the meds they provide you. you're just trying to find relief. no big deal. happens to everybody. i must not understand the meaning of standing together as a family because, if i recall correctly, not only did misty's brother try and throw her under the bus by saying she wasn't home that night, but her mother at one point said she wasn't telling everything, words of which have been echoed by her father. oh, and doesn't every family that is close and loving get restraining orders out on each other?

that really was a great article, i just wish we could get one unbiased article about the past lives of these people. although i'm being sarcastic above, i do believe the article is as true as the people telling it recall life before haliegh. i also understand that you can be a good person and be on the right track in life and get sidetracked by people, drugs, alcohol, whatever and find yourself on the opposite side of life. however, it doesn't usually happen overnight and if you read this article, you certainly come away thinking that life was all roses for these people until that fateful night that haleigh vanished without a trace and suddenly all their lives went downhill. damn those monsters for taking that baby and messing up the lives of these law abiding, upstanding, tax paying, church going, family loving people.!

thank you twall for posting that. great article. and now everything is as clear as day. ron was very intelligent, has a high IQ, has been going to church since he was a kid, was taught by his grandfather to be good to women and children and misty is just a fun loving all around good girl who values family and they all are there for one another. i'm guessing all of this puts to rest any rumors that ron beat CS or MC, i'm guessing he loved spending time with his kids so much that he couldn't possibly work and go to school, maybe his respect for kids stopped at the age of 10 or 12 and that's why he always picked young girls as g/f's. and i guess i missed all the media coverage of his fellow church goers being there by his side during all of this.

as for the croslin family, i guess when you're in pain and the doctor you originally trust to treat you doesn't perform miracles, it is okay to see as many doctors as it takes and while you obviously don't believe what they're telling you because you keep finding new doctors, it's okay to take the meds they provide you. you're just trying to find relief. no big deal. happens to everybody. i must not understand the meaning of standing together as a family because, if i recall correctly, not only did misty's brother try and throw her under the bus by saying she wasn't home that night, but her mother at one point said she wasn't telling everything, words of which have been echoed by her father. oh, and doesn't every family that is close and loving get restraining orders out on each other?

that really was a great article, i just wish we could get one unbiased article about the past lives of these people. although i'm being sarcastic above, i do believe the article is as true as the people telling it recall life before haliegh. i also understand that you can be a good person and be on the right track in life and get sidetracked by people, drugs, alcohol, whatever and find yourself on the opposite side of life. however, it doesn't usually happen overnight and if you read this article, you certainly come away thinking that life was all roses for these people until that fateful night that haleigh vanished without a trace and suddenly all their lives went downhill. damn those monsters for taking that baby and messing up the lives of these law abiding, upstanding, tax paying, church going, family loving people.!

That was so funny I snorted my soda!

...uh, and that wasn't a drug reference either!:angel:

Great. Laughed till I peed myself. Oh well off to change.:blushing:

"He was a very, very intelligent person. He has a very high IQ," Neves said of her son.

hahaha :silenced:

People can test to have high IQ based on Stanford-Binet without being very smart about life and how to live it. I have seen, as a teacher, many young people who are quite intellectually gifted but also self-destructive with low emotional and social "intelligence." And without a moral compass, all the intelligence in the world doesn't add up to a good person (e.g., Ted Bundy or the Unabomber). RC might well have intellectual capacity or talent. But capacity or talent gets a person nowhere without discipline, hard work, and self-control.

I'm having a difficult time with Lindsy's description of the all American Croslin family.

We've all experienced misfortune while traveling life's rocky road. To date, I haven't resorted to robbing a blind man in concert with my son. I haven't doctor shopped to get prescriptions for - whatever reason.

Sorry, but IMHO, this family has been corrupt for years. While Hank and Lisa have impressed some with their pleas to Misty to "tell the truth, I love you(s)", etc. - my take is that Misty learned to behave badly from the example they set for her.

I would like to see the PDM video....If it is out there, then let us see it. Ron may have been at work, but what were the hours he was there? JMO

So RC went to school in the Wildwood Area. That is Lady Lake, IIRC...which is very near Fruitland Park...hmmm.

This article implies that Ron and Misty met while she was babysitting her brothers' children. Everything I have read about it says it was Amber's and most likely Ron's child she was babysitting. Why would they leave that out? I think this article is straight from the mouth of Teresa Neves.

I have tried hard for the past 2 days to stay away from this discussion about Ron's intelligence, but as Popeye said "ah can't stand hit no more Olive".

This statement from TN has to be the most mentally insulting pack of dribble she has come up with yet:

"He was a very, very intelligent person. He has a very high IQ," Neves said of her son. "He has made some mistakes. You know what they say, they that can cast the first stone. I say that everybody makes mistakes in life. Ronald straightened out his life. His main focus has mainly been his children."

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/ARTICLES/2071006/1002?p=1&tc=pg

(1) The mental giant that she is describing has been arrested FIFTEEN times for the same crime, or type of crime, and still managed to have the most laughable marketing and distribution plan for his latest caper that I have ever heard of. How bright do you really have to be to know that it’s not conducive to sound business practice to ever take your customer to your wholesale distribution point for a non franchised business?

(2) Remember this response to a Nancy Grace question?

GRACE: Do you know where the cinderblock came from that was propping the door open?

CUMMINGS: Don`t have a clue. I don`t mess with none of that, so I don`t know. I very rarely am in the back yard at all unless I`m washing my car. So it could have came from around my shed. I`m renting. I don`t know if the previous renters had it or what, but I`ve never seen it, I don`t believe.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html

Does anyone actually think that’s a Rhodes Scholar answering the question?

(3) The best example of exactly how intelligent Ronald Cummings is can be heard at the beginning of the first audio file of his jailhouse conversation with Dana Treen. This “very, very intelligent person with a very high IQ” KNOWS he’s on a recorded call from a jail cell and yet CONFESSES to the crime he was arrested for! And then gets all concerned with whether the reporter is “on the record” or not, LOL.

(4) Exactly how has Ronald Cummings straightened out his life, I wonder?

-He hasn’t held a job for a solid year

-He sexually assaulted at least one minor that we know of

-How many times was he arrested this past year? I lost count.

-He admitted to putting a headless rat’s body in a mailbox.

-He has been arrested in a slam dunk case of trafficking in illegal narcotics that will likely result in a significant part of his life behind bars.

-Most importantly of all, he says he left his daughter with a hung over, brain addled, minor babysitter/bed partner, and Haleigh hasn’t been seen since.

Is this the straightened out version of Ronald Cummings that Teresa Neves was referring to?

Needless to say, I find Teresa's claim of his intelligence to be just a teenie bit overstated. I won't say exactly what I think of his IQ level, but my description would involve a "box of rocks".

<Snipped>
TN: As for her son, Ronald Cummings, 26, Neves wouldn't talk about the current criminal charges against him, but acknowledged he has made mistakes in the past.

Teresa, please admit who Ronald is, a sexual predator who targeted and entrapped Misty Croslin an underage female who lived in the neighborhood. Your son preyed on Misty Croslin and ignored the warnings he received that what he was doing was against the law. It is unfortunate none of the Croslins saw through your son to know who he really is, Misty's enemy. Stop blaming Misty, she is the victim here and accept the truth. Ronald owes Misty a huge apology IMO.

<Snipped>
TN: His main focus has mainly been his children.

No Teresa, your son&#8217;s main focus was on an underage female.

I'm having a difficult time with Lindsy's description of the all American Croslin family.

We've all experienced misfortune while traveling life's rocky road. To date, I haven't resorted to robbing a blind man in concert with my son. I haven't doctor shopped to get prescriptions for - whatever reason.

Sorry, but IMHO, this family has been corrupt for years. While Hank and Lisa have impressed some with their pleas to Misty to "tell the truth, I love you(s)", etc. - my take is that Misty learned to behave badly from the example they set for her.

They have not impressed me with their pleas........I think they only want LE to get out of their lives.We did not see them telling her to tell the truth when she first went missing.It started after they where under LE's microscope and they started to arrest just about the whole family.

They have not impressed me with their pleas........I think they only want LE to get out of their lives.We did not see them telling her to tell the truth when she first went missing.It started after they where under LE's microscope and they started to arrest just about the whole family.

Well, next to the Squires/Sykes/Cummings family, who wouldn't look dysfunctional? It's not a fair comparison, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back