NY NY - Queens, Queens Blvd & 69 Rd, WhtMale 30-50, UP6104, scars, Sz 13W shoes, jewelry, Feb'99

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
The Doe Network:
Case File 268UMNY
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/268umny.html

268UMNY.jpg

Unidentified White Male

• Located in Queens, New York City, New York, on February 10, 1999.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 35-40 years old.
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 6'0"; 207 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Red or auburn, straight hair, receding at temples; green or blue eyes. He had a moustache and beard. He had a scar on his nose, and two small scars on left hand.
  • Clothing: A navy nylon jacket; a black sweater with tan and cream print on top; a white thermal top with green sleeves and black Rockport Pro-Walker shoes, size 13W.
  • Jewelry: Black chain necklace with white metal circle and two white metal charms; two earrings; yellow metal chain with beads in jacket.

Case History
Unknown homeless male found unresponsive on a bench in a playground in the Park at Queens Boulevard & 69 Road, in Queens, by passerby.

Investigators

New York City Missing Persons Squad
1-212-694-7781

You may remain anonymous if you wish.

ME Case Number:
Q99-00790

NCIC Number:
U-197906186
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source: New York City Missing Persons Squad
NamUs

I know this would be pushing it, but this guy caught my eye because of the scars on the hand and nose and because of the height and red hair:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hitchcock_richard.html

I think it's a reasonable match. Worth an email, at least to me.

Possibly, but I think they would have mentioned the scar on his hip if the UID had one. Of couse some scars fade with age, could have been an oversite. The UID is also a lot heavier. If the missing person has been living on the streets, would he have gained weight. Richard also looks like he has curly hair. But you know, anything is possible, people change in that length of time. I would say submit anyway. If my loved one were missing, I would want every possible UID that was similar checked.

Anyone agree or disagree that is could possibly be a match?

After adding a little over 8 years to his age, that makes him 29 years old, and still a little more than five years under the lower-end of the age range. But this is a homeless guy. They tend to look older than they actually are. I am not sure if the age estimate is based on visuals, or on an x-ray examination (which presumably would be more accurate).

Sure, it's a long shot, but I'd say its worth an e-mail.

Weight gain is possible - 70lbs over a decade isn't too unreasonable if he had access to a lot of food. 6'0" and 135 is very skinny - he wouldn't have lost weight on the streets, that's for sure.

Age isn't too much of a concern, granted. Neither is distance, given the time.

Against it he should have had more scars reported, the weight gain is unlikely, and the circumstances indicate that he came to harm on a cold, drunken night (maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't explain why he'd wander off).

None of that amounts to a firm rule out but it's a long way from a Eureka moment.

Thanks for all the opinions, I think I may call it in. Even if it is a long shot, I would rather submit it and be sure that it isn't a match.

did you submit your possible match Teon?

here is one I found, Gordon Lopez, a man missing from Portland OR from 1986.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2038/22/

before taking off from his family, he had worked across the country. the only thing is his height. the family estimated him to be 6'2" to 6'5" while the deceased was supposedly 6'0". otherwise the age and weight are consistent.

*WARNING - PM photo at link*
268UMNY
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No exclusions.

richard_a._morse_iii_1.jpg
268UMNY_LARGE.jpg

5104DMME - Richard Amon Morse, III
Family of man reported missing in Bangor 18 years ago still looking for answers
Richard Amon Morse, III seems like a good potential match, imo. His profile states there are no identifiers on file for him but as recently as 2016 his family was still looking for him. It seems as if they can get a DNA sample if necessary. He also spent time in prison so there should be a record of his fingerprints on file somewhere. His weight is off by about 40 lbs and he had piercings and a scar on his forehead that aren't mentioned for John Doe. He's not a strong potential but close enough for further discussion, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back