GUILTY GUILTY VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #9

It may be a hint that some of us or all of us were heading off topic in one way or another. It's easy to do when there's not much going on. When is the next court date or new information expected regarding the Farmville Murders?

Do you know where I can view the warrents and lists, stuff LE has released? I haven't run across those.

This is much different than the Caylee case because in Florida, there is the the 'Sunshine Law" that allows the Discovery to get released to the public. Those releases stimulate new rounds of thought and communication.

Dangrs can you be more specific in regard to a connection between Castro Valley and Farmville? Are you referring to similarities between the two regions or do you suspect that the two families had a prior connection?

I think they just don't like woe.be.gone.

Ha ha, not really! :floorlaugh:

I think they just don't like woe.be.gone.

Ha ha, not really! :floorlaugh:

Quit! My thinking tends to lean in that direction - not sure what psychological term that falls under.
Is there any case stuff to look into?

The search warrants are still available but I keep forgetting the link - it is saved on another computer. I did Google: Farmville Murders + Search warrants and still had to wade through a bunch of stories before I found the site with the search warrant links.

I saved them as pdfs. If you don't find them I could email them.

The time line is interesting as well. I find three things very extaordinary:
1) That Mel's dad drove all the way to Farmville - waited all day and didn't go to the police right then and there
2) That Sam called the police to check out the basement when he had four dead bodies in the house
3) That the cops who checked out the basement didn't smell the decomp!!!!
At least several of the bodies had been there for 3-4 days

From the other thread, Claudicici posted an explanation for why people may surround themselves with 'dark' subject type stuff/clothing, etc. I may have had a small breakthrough toward understanding especially regarding the protection aspect. But, based on Claudicici's spirit (what I feel through her posts), I don't sense 'dark' whatsoever like I do when I listen to a sample of horrorcore music.

In other words, if someone dresses to look threatening to the outside, they may be shielding their inside? In that case, when does the need to shield oneself cross over to the need to hurt others? Therein lies the difference/danger/mystery. Of course, people who look 'normal' do this too.

O/T I hope Dangrs inlaws are okay. How are they staying warm? If their house pipes freeze, that's a problem. Can someone go in and get them?

It may be a hint that some of us or all of us were heading off topic in one way or another. It's easy to do when there's not much going on. When is the next court date or new information expected regarding the Farmville Murders?

Do you know where I can view the warrents and lists, stuff LE has released? I haven't run across those.

This is much different than the Caylee case because in Florida, there is the the 'Sunshine Law" that allows the Discovery to get released to the public. Those releases stimulate new rounds of thought and communication.

Dangrs can you be more specific in regard to a connection between Castro Valley and Farmville? Are you referring to similarities between the two regions or do you suspect that the two families had a prior connection?

I do NOT think the families had prior contact at all.

I am saying that Sam and Emma were drawn together by similar interests and their having similar interests was in part determined by their environments.

Both Farmville Virginia and Castro Valley have a controversial past related to white racism that newer residents generally don't know about or would like to ignore. I think that is interesting, although one might argue that many places in America share this unfortunate trait.

We know that there were juggalo communities in both towns and this subculture does not appear everywhere. I think that this points to other similarities.

Castro Valley has a poorer area that borders Hayward and one that more affluent people moved to during the boom years. So you have a very large gap in socio-economic status in this small community.

Zipcode 94546 borders Hayward and has more frequent reports of violent crime. See http://www.mapreport.com/na/west/ba/news/cities/94546.html

Zipcode 94552 borders an undeveloped area and has mostly larger suburban homes and wealthy families. See http://www.mapreport.com/na/west/ba/news/cities/94552.html

I don't know that much about Farmville, but I do know you can buy a $4.5 million estate or a modest home for $179,000.

My computer is still sick! This one is a really bad virus too! I can't even navigate to pages that I want. I have to copy and paste the URL otherwise it only takes me to where it wants me to go.
That's okay though, by the end of the night it will be feeling much better as soon as I do a reformat! I'll come back and play with you guys in about 3 to 4 hours!!!
Wish me luck!
:bananalama:??!!
Stupid Virus!!!!!
Edited to say to Woe.be.gone if you check out the 1st through the 3rd thread there is a lot of info on them. Maybe not warrants etc. but still some important facts.

My computer is still sick! This one is a really bad virus too! I can't even navigate to pages that I want. I have to copy and paste the URL otherwise it only takes me to where it wants me to go.
That's okay though, by the end of the night it will be feeling much better as soon as I do a reformat! I'll come back and play with you guys in about 3 to 4 hours!!!
Wish me luck!
:bananalama:??!!
Stupid Virus!!!!!
Edited to say to Woe.be.gone if you check out the 1st through the 3rd thread there is a lot of info on them. Maybe not warrants etc. but still some important facts.
Good luck!

Thanks everyone. In the meantime I answered some of my own questions.

New hearing date set for April 20, 2010
Trial in the Fall at the earliest

A search warrant affidavit states that Emma met McCroskey through the social networking site.
Sorry PAX, I like to see things for myself. :snooty:

What does anybody know about the horror movie, "The Last House on the Left", that was found in the stolen car?

Interesting about the papers found in SM's bag that have writing on them and also that the police suggest SM may have documented his actions. If true, that seems like a slam dunk if you ask me against being a crime of passion (I'm not getting that impression).

Dangrs, thanks for the above explanation about the counties. That's what I thought but was just making sure I wasn't missing a hint about more information. I've never heard of 'juggalo communities' so I'll be looking into what that means. Also do you mean prejudice against white people by other than white ethnic groups when you say 'white racism'? Thank you.

Ok, first of all, I want to apologize for the comment I made, I didnt mean to insult you guys. I posted that stuff online, it's my fault, I have no one to blame but myself for all my personal stuff being on the internet.

Second of all, I did NOT post that comment on Children of Bodoms myspace, that was my friend. We were buying tickets to their show and I am a HUGE fan of Bodom and a follower of Alexi Laiho.

It has been very hard for me to accept and to adjust to what has happened to our family because of the situation my brother is in, and coming online to see MILLIONS of people trying to analyze our every move and thought and judging us for something that is completely out of our control.

It is not fair, it hurts and makes me very uncomfortable. The majority of the people have been bashing and slandering our family like we OURSELVES committed the crime. It is hard enough to wake up everyday not knowing what really happened or what is to happen down the road, then I go online to people accusing me of using drugs, which I don't, accusing me of being a satanist thats dark and wears all black or blah blah blah...which I am not.

And bringing my business which I worked so VERY hard to get it to where it is today....that has nothing to do with it. I am not under SickTaniks wing, if thats what you meant by "under sicks wing"

I do not know the guy nor have I talked to him since this first hit the media. And I can truly say I do NOT follow what he is doing. That is not my scene and I have no want to be a part of it. I do not want sympathy from anybody, nor do I want to make friends or money off of this like everyone is assuming.

I do appreciate the nice things that people have said about my family. I do, this is just a lot to take in. My life was normal 6 months ago. I have no control over what happened and my life is no forever changed. Don't believe most of what you have heard on the news, unless it came from the mouth of a family member of mine or the deceased.

Their job is to keep people interested and make the story sound more intense then it really is. There is a lot of false facts being thrown around. Do not believe most of what you hear....

Hi SarahThiZZle. Thanks for letting us hear your side of things directly. I hope you will stay around.

Hey Sarah - if you are the real Sarah welcome and thanks for giving us the first hand info - which is the best kind.

You are right, many people have been speculating about you and your family trying to find out what happened with Sam. As you can see there is a fair amount of sympathy for him here - many feel something must have happened for him to have acted this way. What influenced Sam? That's what we are wondering. What caused him to act out? The big question that comes up when people's lives are taken is why?

I was the one who insinuated that Sick had kind of be-friended you and taken you in. It was in response to some post I'd seen regarding how he had been so supportive after what happened. I would not like to see that Sarah so I'm glad to hear that is not the case.

I'm sure your world has been turned upside down. I know that you want to be supportive of your family and you don't want to now say things that will make them look bad. I don't know what has been said in the media that is an accusation you find wrong - there has been VERY little in the media, honestly - so you guys are really lucky in that respect. I have not seen the media go after your family at all.

The internet has, of course not been so kind at times. From what I know (which you know isn't much but you can set the record straight) it seems your mom and dad have not been very supportive of Sam and that maybe Sam had a bit of a rough time of it becoming an adolescent. There is also the rumor that your Dad told him if he went to VA, not to bother coming home. I know that visiting is difficult because of the expense and if you write you him you are damned if you do and damned if you don't but for your own peace of mind I hope you have managed to figure out how to communicate with him.

Sarah in my opinion you aren't going to get through this and come out the other side very emotionally healthy unless you do get some counseling. If that is the one good thing that could come out of this, it would be one small silver lining. I don't' know how on earth I could come to terms with something like this if it were my brother. Of course I would still love him - but I have no idea how I would handle contact with him. It's a horrible, difficult situation.

Just try to keep your nose clean online - it will only cause you more pain to put yourself out there.

SarrahThiZZle. It's brave of you to post here. No one that I know of holds you responsible for what has happened to the four people who were murdered. You must understand that this is a crime forum and posters are here to discuss crimes. It's up to you, but imo it would be very difficult for you to read these forums because it is personal to you. Nothing discussed, at least by me, is meant personally against you. My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine what you and your parents are going through.

By the way, it is a requirement of the owner here, Tricia, if you post as a real person attached to any case, that you let her know who you are and that she's aware you are posting here. You may have already done that when you registered.

I'd like to ask you questions but feel they would be inappropriate and hurtful to you considering that all odds are stacked against your brother's innocence. If you have any facts or information that you feel you are able to share, you can bet we'd like to hear them.

The previous posters have said it all. Thanks for posting.

Hi, Sarah.

It strikes me what you said about people acting like YOU killed people. I know how that is. I have someone in my life who is in jail for 24 years for pedophile stuff. This is someone I have always loved. And when I write or visit or mention him or anything at all, people treat me like I am scum and like I am guilty of the same thing. I even had people go against me when I took in his 6 yo daughter as my foster daughter. As she grew up, she had **** to deal with from the community, even. The family of people like my Drew and your Sam suffer greatly. I wish it were not so. You be strong, SarahThizzle. And when you can't be strong, seek comfort and help in the right places.

Sincerely, Tapu (Jen)

Was that really Sarah? What is she hoping to accomplish?

It is horrific what her family is facing but to state that the role of the media is to make things sound more intense than they really are ????? that's a disconnect for me. What is not intense about these murders in and of themselves. Honestly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back