980 users online (206 members and 774 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MI - Kalamazoo MI woman held and beaten for three days.

A Kalamazoo woman says her boyfriend beat her up and held her hostage for three days. Now, he's on the run and police are trying to track him down.

The family came to Newschannel 3, looking to bring the attacker to justice.

Originally, Newschannel 3 heard that the victim was held hostage in a basement, but she clarified that she was held in a bedroom. Either way, the story she tells is terrifying.

With strangle marks on her neck, a busted lip, and burst blood vessels in her eyes, Almetta Whitley told Newschannel 3 that her former boyfriend, Setarvine Rumph, attacked her and held her hostage, and it's not the first time he's acted out violently.

“He hit me so hard, basically I almost started going unconscious,” said Whitley.
    http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-...tom-three.html

I am a friend of a friend of Almetta, who asked me kindly to post this. Her case got more coverage today, and there will be video of her injuries as soon as the news channel posts.
    Please help us find Setarvine before he does this to someone else. He needs to be in jail tonight.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 02-08-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    A Kalamazoo woman says her boyfriend beat her up and held her hostage for three days. Now, he's on the run and police are trying to track him down.

The family came to Newschannel 3, looking to bring the attacker to justice.

Originally, Newschannel 3 heard that the victim was held hostage in a basement, but she clarified that she was held in a bedroom. Either way, the story she tells is terrifying.

With strangle marks on her neck, a busted lip, and burst blood vessels in her eyes, Almetta Whitley told Newschannel 3 that her former boyfriend, Setarvine Rumph, attacked her and held her hostage, and it's not the first time he's acted out violently.

“He hit me so hard, basically I almost started going unconscious,” said Whitley.
    http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-...tom-three.html

I am a friend of a friend of Almetta, who asked me kindly to post this. Her case got more coverage today, and there will be video of her injuries as soon as the news channel posts.
    Please help us find Setarvine before he does this to someone else. He needs to be in jail tonight.
    NMK, Please let your friend know we'll keep a thread active here for Almettta until he's caught.

Poor Almetta.

I found a what looks like a video game blog thingie he's posted on. Hasn't been on in 21 days but there's a photograph of him. Perhaps a different picture would help. It says he used to hunt deer in Germany?

Prayers for Almetta.

http://www.bigfootshoottokill.com/my...sers/Setarvine

I hope your friend is healing, n_m_k. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

I have some questions:
    Is he on foot? If not, what is he driving? Could he be headed out of Kalamazoo? What about clothing or other distinquishing characteristics? TIA
    Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
    ~MLK, Jr.

I know that he is from Georgia, apparently, so there is a chance he could be headed there.
    I don't know a whole lot, but he is extremely violent.
    I also know he has a record, but I am having no luck finding it.

I know that he is from Georgia, apparently, so there is a chance he could be headed there.
    I don't know a whole lot, but he is extremely violent.
    I also know he has a record, but I am having no luck finding it.
    Thought this might be it, NMK, but it's about his divorce in 2006. Well just lists a divorce.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...ic_84480.shtml

Not my kids, see if she has any digital pics of him that she will give you. Also a description like height weight and eye color. Also if she has a description of his vehicle and a license number if she has one.

Also places he might go to, places he has been and places he would like to go.

You have his full name on here, that will help if anyone runs his name through a search engine.

I'll see if she has any other photos. I have to get everything from my friend who is her friend (did anyone follow that?) but if she is willing I will get them.
    It likely won't be until tomorrow, though and I hope they nail him by then.
    I think I may have met Almetta, once, but right now it's all being sent through a third party that asked if I could help find him.

Personally, I think he's heading out of state...he told her, "I'm going to go down for this, so I might as well get mine before I do..." That's just sick. He knew what he was doing was wrong and he just kept going. He is very dangerous if he thinks he has nothing to lose...that's what worries me. By the time he gets caught, he could have harmed or even killed who knows how many.
    I saw pictures of what was done to Almetta and I don't want him to do that to anyone else.

I found a MS page for Setarvine Rumph/streetwise with a different picture. It looks like him and it looks like he has very light eyes. They really stand out.

http://www.myspace.com/411568901

I hope he is captured soon. She must be terrified with him on the loose. A vehicle description would be a huge help.
    Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
    ~MLK, Jr.

I'll see if she has any other photos. I have to get everything from my friend who is her friend (did anyone follow that?) but if she is willing I will get them.
    It likely won't be until tomorrow, though and I hope they nail him by then.
    I think I may have met Almetta, once, but right now it's all being sent through a third party that asked if I could help find him.

Personally, I think he's heading out of state...he told her, "I'm going to go down for this, so I might as well get mine before I do..." That's just sick. He knew what he was doing was wrong and he just kept going. He is very dangerous if he thinks he has nothing to lose...that's what worries me. By the time he gets caught, he could have harmed or even killed who knows how many.
    I saw pictures of what was done to Almetta and I don't want him to do that to anyone else.
    Here ya go, 19 pics of him.
    http://www.hi5.com/friend/p48267492-...ne_Rumph--html

DOB: 11/16
    Search engine lists him as 31 yr old now.

Has previous history in Fort Valley & Decatur, GA
    Also, Portage, MI

Uses a pseudonym: Georgia Boi ( music or game endeavors )
    Last edited by FifthEssence; 02-08-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Thank you so much FifthEssence, that is more than I could have gotten tonight. You have my undying gratitude.

Divorced May 16, 2006
    http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...ic_84480.shtml

Has friends in San Antonio, TX

Quote Originally Posted by FifthEssence View Post

Also, Portage, MI

I got a nasty virus message at this link. Be careful.
    ~MLK, Jr.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/allst...03&ID=s1393674

Didn't really get any new info that didn't come up last night, but I found this...

"At least one bullet struck a nearby car with two men inside, Bealefeld said. One man, Setarvine Rumph, was cut by flying glass.
    "They didn't see us drive past, and then I was backing up," he said. "They could have at least waited."

BBM...he's talking about a police shooting, in which people could have been killed. A shooting in which they were trying to kill a dog that had just killed a newborn child. I don't use sociopath lightly, but I'll use it here. This man is a sociopath and it's a miracle he didn't kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by FifthEssence View Post

Also, Portage, MI

Fifth you rock.

Hoping Almetta is doing better. Doesn't look like they caught this guy yet.

I did find one piece of info that I called in to the Kalamazoo Crime Stoppers. It was a small thing, but they took it seriously. I don't want to say what, obviously, but I thought I would share that little pieces of info are coming up and being turned in.

Edit: We also have a program that one of the news channels here does on Saturday nights, after AMW, called Michigan's Most Wanted. I've been speaking with the newsroom and trying to get him featured there.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 02-10-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast