VT - John Ryan for child *advertiser censored*, Braintree, 2010

believe09

Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1231530&format=comments#CommentsArea

snip
Sixty-two-year-old John Perry Ryan pleaded guilty to six counts in June in a plea deal that included 2006 charges of transporting a photo of an adult male having sex with a toddler.
snip

24 thousand images. AND, he still continues to receive support from other activists-yes this man was a gay rights activist whose hometown was Provincetown, MA.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1231530&format=comments#CommentsArea

snip
Sixty-two-year-old John Perry Ryan pleaded guilty to six counts in June in a plea deal that included 2006 charges of transporting a photo of an adult male having sex with a toddler.
snip

24 thousand images. AND, he still continues to receive support from other activists-yes this man was a gay rights activist whose hometown was Provincetown, MA.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Excuse my French, but this SOB is one sick twisted ....I followed a link from yours Believe -- First, the excuse is just revolting -- AS IF! :furious:

I can't even post what this waste of skin was caught saying in a chat room....and his friends 'trusted' him to be around their kids!! Wonder what they're up to!! :furious:

I hope ICE is watching them too!

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...sentenced-in-child-*advertiser censored*-case

The judge calls it one of the "most egregious cases of child *advertiser censored* he's seen" and gives the guy 90 months.....as in 7 1/2 years???? What? So, he forfeits his house--does the money go to pay his attorneys or get split between the victims? One can only hope that it's a mighty spendy house.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I am shocked that the state crime victims advocacy groups are not up in arms. Believe, have you seen anything about him pleading AND giving up info as part of the deal? That's a huge stretch for me but I would like those names.....please, sir.

So how many seconds of jail time per child image?

I wonder if any of the victims have been identified. And how many years was he facing in a jury trial. I'm not OK with this. In fact, I'm sick. I absolutely cannot tolerate idiot lying:

"Ryan told the judge his interest in the images was driven by his interest in understanding people’s sexual fetishes and that he didn’t realize the harm he was causing by “pushing a button” on his computer.

Sessions challenged Ryan’s claim, noting that Ryan had written in one Internet chat room about his desire to “snuff,” or kill, a child while engaging in a sex act with the youth.

No, he had no idea what sort of harm he was doing. None. This one's a bad one. Those poor victims got the most watered down justice possible. The judge should be ashamed. And what was the prosecutor thinking?

What are these judges thinking? Ryan didn't steal socks from a store, he was charged with "distributing 24,000 images of sometimes violent child *advertiser censored*" !!!

Chester-the-Molester should never be allowed to plea down to lesser charges.

I say put him in the general population at the prison and let inmates serve up some justice! These kinds of stories are getting old with the way justice is served. When are people going to learn that these sickos are NOT going to change!

'having sex with a toddler' jesus you media tools its freaking RAPE for the 7000th time.

i sure hope someone 'snuffs' him out.

I think if he is actually in the GP he is toast-he may have had a degree of power on the outside, but none of his crime or person will translate well in prison. That being said, he managed to get himself charged and convicted in VT and I am less familiar with their prison system and whether or not time served is hard time.

My suspicion, Iz, is that he gave some folks up behind the scenes. Although 7.5 is a hefty term by MA standards, it seems as if there should have been Federal Charges levied if any of his images crossed state lines....but I could be incredibly naive.

All of this being said, I have to commend Law Enforcement for continually catching some of these "white whales" of the child *advertiser censored* industry. It is not LE's fault that sentencing guidelines have not caught up....it must make them crazy knowing how little time these folks will spend.

But, By GOD they are catching them.

'having sex with a toddler' jesus you media tools its freaking RAPE for the 7000th time.

i sure hope someone 'snuffs' him out.

O/T KBL, I love your turn of phrase....

I wonder if any of the victims have been identified. And how many years was he facing in a jury trial. I'm not OK with this. In fact, I'm sick. I absolutely cannot tolerate idiot lying:

"Ryan told the judge his interest in the images was driven by his interest in understanding people’s sexual fetishes and that he didn’t realize the harm he was causing by “pushing a button” on his computer.

Sessions challenged Ryan’s claim, noting that Ryan had written in one Internet chat room about his desire to “snuff,” or kill, a child while engaging in a sex act with the youth.

No, he had no idea what sort of harm he was doing. None. This one's a bad one. Those poor victims got the most watered down justice possible. The judge should be ashamed. And what was the prosecutor thinking?

and he got 90 months. I feel sick.

...Although 7.5 is a hefty term by MA standards, it seems as if there should have been Federal Charges levied if any of his images crossed state lines....but I could be incredibly naive...

The case is/was in federal court. Sessions is a federal judge.

he would have gotten more if they found out he didnt have health insurance.......

Maybe we need tighter sentencing guidelines for traffiking child *advertiser censored*? I don't know, but 7.5 years surely is not enough. This should have to stay behind bars for life.

I would have thought that that the federal sentence would have been much longer and am very disappointed at this sentence. If this was some kind of plea deal, the media should be reporting that.

Salem

Has anyone else been following the case being considered that would allow child *advertiser censored* victims to sue the people in possession of their images for damages???

Has anyone else been following the case being considered that would allow child *advertiser censored* victims to sue the people in possession of their images for damages???

I hadn't heard of it. Is there a thread here for this case? If so, can you please post a link or send me a pm with the link? TIA

Maybe we need tighter sentencing guidelines for traffiking child *advertiser censored*? I don't know, but 7.5 years surely is not enough. This should have to stay behind bars for life.

I would have thought that that the federal sentence would have been much longer and am very disappointed at this sentence. If this was some kind of plea deal, the media should be reporting that.

Salem

The sentencing judge is the chair of the United States Sentencing Commission. http://www.ussc.gov/general/commbios99.htm

(Don't know the details in this case, but I think he's a pretty good judge overall.)

I have.....I hope 'Amy' gets her $$ and then some!!

ETA:

Child *advertiser censored*, and an Issue of Restitution

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/us/03offender.html?scp=1&sq=child *advertiser censored*&st=cse

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/intern...izes-child-victim-pedophiles/story?id=9773590

The judge calls it one of the "most egregious cases of child *advertiser censored* he's seen" and gives the guy 90 months.....as in 7 1/2 years???? What? So, he forfeits his house--does the money go to pay his attorneys or get split between the victims? One can only hope that it's a mighty spendy house.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I am shocked that the state crime victims advocacy groups are not up in arms. Believe, have you seen anything about him pleading AND giving up info as part of the deal? That's a huge stretch for me but I would like those names.....please, sir.

So how many seconds of jail time per child image?

Until federal guidelines change and sentancing becomes more than a slap on the wrist, I see no real reason for these crimes to stop. There is no real incentive to stop a profitable business that helps these offenders get their jollies. Most of these criminals are not put in the general population to "protect them", but had no thought what so ever to protectig their victims.

This "man" needs to be in prison, general population for the rest of his life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back