The Money EJ had?

Kamille

Shine bright like a diamond
Reaction score
There have been a lot of different dollar amounts thrown out about how much EJ may have had in cash when she left AZ and the highest dollar figure is around $2000 although LE pegs it closer to $1200 so I thought maybe we could come up with things that EJ is known to have spent money on.

Gas from AZ to SA would have cost her about $100 according to the type of car she was driving and the known gas rates about a month ago. There was a travel site I got this information from but I'm sorry I can't seem to locate it right now.

The Homegate website lists the type of room EJ had as $44.99 per night plus tax. They do not show a weekly rate. So rounding off to $50 per night by 6 or 7 nights is about $350.

She also supposedly checked into the Quality Inn next door on the 26th so I would imagine the rate is about the same so that's another $50.

She picked up a phone in SA and yellowsubmarine quoted the price as $44

She paid the babysitter $40 for her services on the 23rd

She ordered a medium pizza on the 21st and gave about a $6 tip so she probably just gave the driver a 20 dollar bill.

She ordered another two pizzas on the 24th and the total was $28.08. If she tipped, it might have been around $35

She paid $180 for a bus ticket to Ft Lauderdale

She was picked up in Florida with $500 after she had gone shopping and
purchased some clothes.

There are other things to consider also.

Where did she stay on the 19th? What did she pay?
What did she buy in the convenience store in Ozana? How much did she spend?
Did she buy the GPS?
Did she buy the fake ID?
Expenses for Gabriel?
Other meal expenses?

She also had her nails done in Florida. I have no idea what the going cost for a manicure is there.

She was seen at the Jack in the Box in SA on Christmas day, probably bought some food.

The $2,000 figure, if I remember correctly, also came from LE a couple weeks after the $1,200 figure.

ETA: Sorry, it came from Tammi:

SMITH: I asked her that. She told me that when she left she had $2,000. She sold jewelry, her laptop computer, her dogs. She got $400 for rent and she got a check. I asked her if these people even -- I said, well, did the people even give you money to compensate for the trip that you had to make? And she said no.

If she was arrested with $500, then why did she ask her grandfather to pick up the $300 she had on her when she was arrested? Was the $500 just an estimate?

If she was arrested with $500, then why did she ask her grandfather to pick up the $300 she had on her when she was arrested? Was the $500 just an estimate?

I think she might have kept the remainder in her commissary account for water, snacks, underwear, socks, etc.

I think she might have kept the remainder in her commissary account for water, snacks, underwear, socks, etc.

Oh that make sense. Thanks. I am unaware how the prison system works!:angel:

So I am guessing that LE can only confirm the sale of the dogs, the rent from the trailer and the check. That sounds like it would add up to about $1200.

Which leads me to believe that no one has come forward to state that they bought either a laptop or any jewellery from EJ. Which isn't surprising considering there were no craigslist ads for either.

I'm sure the person who bought the dogs called LE immediately when this case hit the news and I'm sure that if someone had bought the laptop or any jewellery from EJ, they too would have contacted LE.

Hmmm, I thought that whatever a person had on them when arrested could not be transferred to their commissary accounts. It either had to stay with their stuff until the person is released or they can have someone pick it up.
It could be different by state, or maybe I am just completely wrong.

Hmmm, I thought that whatever a person had on them when arrested could not be transferred to their commissary accounts. It either had to stay with their stuff until the person is released or they can have someone pick it up.

Your personal items and quantity are notated when you are being booked. So if she had $500, then it would have been notated as such. I was going to suggest that perhaps her grandfather picked it all up and then split it out onto her account - but that wouldn't match with normal procedures, or with the documentation that they took.

I really don't know. Was just a thought. Could even have been a typo in the article and the grandfather actually did pick up $500.

I researched nail salons...it appeared that depending on what she had done, it could be anywhere from about $30-$100 for the nail job alone.

I really don't know. Was just a thought. Could even have been a typo in the article and the grandfather actually did pick up $500.

It wouldn't be the first time for bad reporting on this case. :banghead:
I honestly don't really know either. That is just how I THOUGHT it worked.

I researched nail salons...it appeared that depending on what she had done, it could be anywhere from about $30-$100 for the nail job alone.

That seems about right and about standard cost in my experience.
I figure her hair probably cost about the same, or even more depending on where she went. It looks to me like she had it dyed darker.

IMO, from what I have read, it seems like she did not have money worries.
For instance, if I were single on the road running with an 8 month old son and had to sell stuff to have at least $2000, I would be very careful with my money.

The motel had a kitchen, I would have went to a grocery store and bought bread and Bologna. I would not have ordered pizza, until I had a job.

IMO, she had a plan and knew she would be getting more money.

That seems about right and about standard cost in my experience.
I figure her hair probably cost about the same, or even more depending on where she went. It looks to me like she had it dyed darker.
I admit that it's pretty bad that I had to look it up. Being female, I should know these things. I know that it could also have been well under that amount if she went to a training school of some sort. I don't have my hair or nails done, but on the rare occasion that we have something done for one of the kids, we go to the barber school, where it's really cheap and good service. Which brings me around to the question, are there any beauty or barber schools in the area that she may have visited? Any way to send them fliers in case she went there instead of a salon?

IMO, from what I have read, it seems like she did not have money worries.
For instance, if I were single on the road running with an 8 month old son and had to sell stuff to have at least $2000, I would be very careful with my money.

The motel had a kitchen, I would have went to a grocery store and bought bread and Bologna. I would not have ordered pizza, until I had a job.

IMO, she had a plan and knew she would be getting more money.

Maybe she didn't pay for the pizzas herself. Especially if she only ate 1 or 2 slices.

Hello all! Please forgive me if this has been brought up before on one of the other threads, and I hope I am posting this in the right place, but... has anyone looked to see if any bank accounts were opened in the name of the fake ID EJ had? I am guessing that if she had been working an illegal adoption, that perhaps that group helped her get the fake id and put the money from the adoption into that account, thinking that it wouldn't be traced. Just a thought. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back