Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting post #520 by newshound6

Whatcha talkin' 'bout?? When the thread went A.W.O.L. for 2 days?? I have been on this from the start ,I feel I have no more to contribute to the discussion with no new info. coming out-we have micro analyzed everything available. I do get discouraged when every other page somebody says" how do we even know if she went into the concert?" We have taken that fact as a given,but in reality there hasn't been one photo or video inside JPJ that any of us have seen!

I really want to participate but now wonder if what I've been saying is driving people away. It would be helpful if you pointed us newbies to exactly where it's shown that she was there.

Why not try doing a blog on it like I've been doing with links posted? There's so many posts that it's hard for us to read every one. I think this is the 4th new post since I've started reading/following.

I mentioned in a previous thread (and then got busy!) that I thought it might be helpful for new readers if we had some kind of a summary post of what we know (ex: no re-entry, there is an indoor smoking section, etc.) and don't know (ex: confusion about surveillance cameras, car location, etc.).

If I get snowed in tomorrow I might start working on it.

Just thinking about M's parent's..I know finding M was tragic, but now I think about how much a miracle it was...Hsb and areas around here have 30 inches of snow..we are supposed to get 6-12 more..
It will be at least another month for all this snow to go away..if we don't get more.
The torture of 101 days of wondering where she was and what was happening to her must have been unbearable, but God heard their prayers and ours and opened up that window of clear weather...so she could be found...her dad said as the snow was pouring down..it was frozen tears...
Not to compare griefs...but I can't,help notice the love shown by these parents /verses..GA/CA/CA/MC/

Quoting post #520 by newshound6

I really want to participate but now wonder if what I've been saying is driving people away. It would be helpful if you pointed us newbies to exactly where it's shown that she was there.

Why not try doing a blog on it like I've been doing with links posted? There's so many posts that it's hard for us to read every one. I think this is the 4th new post since I've started reading/following.

When I said people ask if she was even there I didn't mean it like "oh here we go again" I meant it's a valid question-After all this time I honestly feel like there are only two things we know for sure that we don't need to question #1 JPJ has a NO RE-ENTRY policy no matter what (so the ticket stub thing would not matter) and #2 MH's body was found at Anchorage Farm. beyond that are any of the"facts" even clear? I'm talking about who went? what about the car? the hurt chin? the kiss on the cheek? the bb players?the hitch hiking? the guy who got kicked?why did she go outside?the purse? the phone?the necklace? the friends? etc..etc..

How about a time line leading up to her leaving from her home..maybe cell pings that would help track ,the last few days before she went to the event that brought her much happiness in arranging and preparing for but also resulted in her untimely death...
The facts in this case,are a mystery..and lot's of the information is skeptical at best...but that's why we are here...digging through old posts,looking at web sites related to M or ties...discussing what we know, what we hear..
Just remember..JB and Florida LE are still looking for Zanny...we could have told them, there is no nanny..with in hours of that 911 call...
Working together, we are pretty smart...

We need to be strong enough to keep posting our perspectives, even if others do not agree, even if others seem annoyed with us. We need to be strong, Morgan would want that. I feel that we should be careful with each others feelings, because why would we want to slow down our communications or cause others to drop off this site.

For the record, I for one think MH was definitely at JPJ that night. I also believed a lot of what Logical Minds had to say, the way he analyzed the crime anyway, and I would like for LM to post again.

I spent the day poking in the Albemarle county tax records and deeds looking for owners of neighboring properties. Of which there are quite a few. The Blandemar Farms lots especially are pricey.

I didn't find much interesting so far. In addition to Anchorage Farm, Mr. Bass and his wife own several other parcels in the area, making the entire property quite large. There are several properties on Red Hill Road whose back yards give on the Hardware River, potentially giving access to the farm. Mr. Wolfe, who owns Shilo Farm across Red Hill Road from Anchorage Farm, says in an interview that people park their cars along the road and hunt on Anchorage Farm.

Does anybody know if Mr. Bass of Anchorage Farm is the same David Bass who is chairman of the Albemarle Zoning Board of Appeals?

Morgan blog link - links & info taken from the last few posts. Feel free to add whatever you know.

When I said people ask if she was even there I didn't mean it like "oh here we go again" I meant it's a valid question-After all this time I honestly feel like there are only two things we know for sure that we don't need to question #1 JPJ has a NO RE-ENTRY policy no matter what (so the ticket stub thing would not matter) and #2 MH's body was found at Anchorage Farm. beyond that are any of the"facts" even clear? I'm talking about who went? what about the car? the hurt chin? the kiss on the cheek? the bb players?the hitch hiking? the guy who got kicked?why did she go outside?the purse? the phone?the necklace? the friends? etc..etc..

btw, I'm not trying to offend you.
To me, I understand the no-reentry but I would like to know if she actually was in to begin with because yes, it would matter because it would tell me that something happened to make her leave.

A person her age has probably been to the arena before so she probably knew about the policy.

We need to be strong enough to keep posting our perspectives, even if others do not agree, even if others seem annoyed with us. We need to be strong, Morgan would want that. I feel that we should be careful with each others feelings, because why would we want to slow down our communications or cause others to drop off this site.

For the record, I for one think MH was definitely at JPJ that night. I also believed a lot of what Logical Minds had to say, the way he analyzed the crime anyway, and I would like for LM to post again.

I think she was there, I'm just not sure if she was ever inside

Roselvr's Blog about Morgan Dana Harrington - links from old posts

Wanted to put a few links that were mentioned to make it easier to find the info instead of going back through the threads..

Main web site - Find Morgan.com

Help Find Morgan Dana Harrington Facebook Group

You Tube Find Morgan

Metallica 10/17/09 Google search

Press Conference - location, location, location...

Maps
Google map by Hawes
Map by Billy

Map
Morgan Harrington disappearance map and timeline - Roanoke.com
Posted by Le Singe - map of farm location where Morgan was found. Suggesting path used
Album of terrain shots by DanPancamo

John Paul Jones Arena
NBC29.com - Map UIVA - JPJ Arena
Area Facts
JPJ Arena website
JPJ Metallica seating chart
Metallica seating chart 2
Parking map
JPJ Parking

Virginia Tech student vanishes after concert article

AMW.com Morgan - Cops Impress Location As Critical To Case

Summery of events on Examiner.com

Video - Anchorage Farm Neighbors Shocked About Harrington

Links from user Ghostmaster

Virginia Tech Student Morgan Harrington Was Murdered, Police Say
Cause of Death Still to Be Determined by Medical Examiner...

Yep; The first on refers to her death as murder.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-te...ory?id=9740132

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/235165

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime...ath-a-homicide

http://www.wdbj7.com/global/story.asp?s=11923619

And this one refers to a "killer":

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-harr...ory?id=9749253

Dan Harrington’s summary:

At noon on October 17, 2009 Morgan and her roommate, Amy, left Roanoke in her 2006 Honda to travel 90 minutes north on I-81 to James Madison University (JMU). At JMU, Morgan and Amy met up with Sarah and Dan (a friend’s BF) to travel 60 minutes east to Charlottesville, Va. Dan was the designated driver of Morgan’s vehicle. The group arrived in Charlottesville at 6:00 pm where they were to attend the Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

Two bands played before Metallica, Morgan was present for these sets. Before Metallica played, Morgan left the group to go to the rest room. A witness reports seeing Morgan in bathroom upset/crying and it appeared as if she had been hit (she apparently fell and cut her chin). At 8:20-8:30 she left the arena for unknown reason and was unable to gain reentry.

Outside the arena, Morgan had a phone conversation with Sarah inside the arena (battery still in phone) and Morgan stated she had been locked out of arena and was unable to gain reentry. Morgan told her friends she would find a ride home or call a friend. No other phone calls were recorded. However, during this time she also texted a male friend in a town 60 miles away. That individual has been excluded as a person of interest in this case by the Virginia State Police.

8:20 - 8:48 p.m.– Morgan was seen in several areas immediately outside John Paul Jones Arena, possible including doors, and the side near University Hall.

9:00 - A witness reported seeing Morgan in front of the arena and recalled speaking with a female consistent with Morgan’s description.

9:00 - 9:10 – Morgan was seen walking, with her purse, through the University Hall parking area. There are several reports of her having had interactions with people - or of them having seen Morgan at various places in the parking lot outside of the arena. There were also reports of a woman seen dropping her purse.

9:10 - 9:20 – A woman, fitting Morgan’s description, was seen in the grassy overflow RV parking area at Lannigan Field.

9:20 – It is reported Morgan had an interaction with four University of Virginia basketball players in the University Hall parking lot.

9:20 - 9:30 – Morgan was sighted on the Copeley Road Bridge over the railroad tracks and reportedly was hitchhiking.

9:30 – This is the last verified sighting of Morgan Dana Harrington.

After the concert, Morgan’s friends waited for a significant amount of time – they never saw Morgan and left the venue returning back to JMU in Morgan’s car.

Early Sunday morning, Morgan’s purse was found by a passerby and was reported to the University of Virginia Police as "lost property". Morgan’s purse had all of her belongings including: a wallet, debit card, ID, and a cell phone with the battery missing.

Sunday 12:30 - Morgan fail to show up at her parent’s house as expected (to study for Math test and to balance her checkbook). Morgan’s father, Dan Harrington begins calling the friends who accompanied Morgan to the concert.

12:40 - Dan Harrington reported Morgan missing to the University of Virginia Police.

The only trace of Morgan found inside or outside of the arena was her pocketbook. Evidently, Morgan’s image was not picked up on security cameras, or other personal video recorders or personal cameras in or around venue. LE is still seeking any other available images from the public during this timeframe.

Official Virginia State police summary investigative Case #: 09-83020523 :

8:20 - 8:48 PM: Someone matching Morgan Harrington's description was seen outside John Paul Jones Arena parking lot by the ticket office and on the University Hall side.

•8:48 PM: Morgan calls a friend inside the arena, discusses trying to get back in. Tells her friend that she will get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville.

•8:48 - 9:00 PM: Morgan is still spotted outside the arena. Police say they have no indication she re-entered the building.

•9:00 - 9:10 PM: Someone matching Morgan's description was seen walking through the University Hall parking lot. Nobody saw her with someone, but there were other people walking in the same direction.

•9:10 - 9:20 PM: Someone matching Morgan's description was seen in the Lannigan Field parking area near the track. This parking lot is used for overflow parking for arena events. The person matching Morgan's description had limited interaction with people who were at the parking area.

•9:20 PM: The people who witnesses the person matching Morgan's description left the area.

•9:20 - 9:30 PM: The person matching Morgan's description was seen on the Copeley Road Bridge near Ivy Road. The last spotting of Morgan Harrington was at 9:30 PM near the intersection of Copeley Rd. and Ivy Rd.

very nice bring over..
just wish we had some facts to back up all the sightings...I want a picture...there has got to be something ..somewhere...
I know, the sightings have been reported..but can we be sure it was really M??
If someone that knew her personally said "it was M then I wouldn't have as much problem,but if they knew M...would they have left her on the street??see what I'm saying...

LE needs to release some concrete facts..if not soon this case will grow cold..the perp or perps already have quite a head start...

I fear the need to protect the reputation of JMU<UVA>JPJ>Charlottesville>North Gardens>Clarillion>Omni>Anchorage Farm's> the future of the student's that knew M could all be what is hampering this investigation..just the surrounding entities ..the total conglomerate of people that would rather this go away..makes me worry if it will ever be solved.
I say this, because..People all over the world now know of a beautiful farm area on rt 29 just a few miles out of a college town with property to sell right next door..don't think I'd want to move here..do you???

Thank you so much Rose for your timeline.
IMO the posts are dwindling because no new info is out there right now.
After that last PC about location, location, location, I just feel they have a person of interest, and are trying to get more info to bolster the case.
Still, I think the friends have information that either they have not disclosed, or that LE is keeping close to the vest.
I cannot see how friends would just leave with Morgan's car, go home, go to bed, and not do anything about their missing friend, even the next morning.
I believe that Morgan went with someone and told the friends where she was going, so they did not suspect she was in a dangerous situation.
She had an ex-boyfriend that lives in Charlottesville, but I have not seen anything about this either negative or positive. Somewhere in one of these threads, a poster spoke about the volatile relationship they had, but I cannot verify that.
Also, I must keep in mind that all parties may have been under the influence, so speculating about potential motives and actions that I would think are appropriate are null and void.
JMHO, of course!:cool:

Well, LE said she was there, so unless they come out and say something different now, I will just trust them and assume Morgan was there inside the arena. It's fine to ask and wonder about whether LE is correct in their statements about Morgan actually going to the concert, but LE is saying they have credible witnesses that place her inside, and then outside trying to get back inside the arena.
I know witnesses are wrong all of the time, but the friends say she was inside and that would mean witnesses along with Morgan's friends are mistaken/lying.

IDK, it seems far fetched, but again, it's fine with me people still question whether she was inside the arena. People have theories they are sticking with and that's cool, because none of us have any court docs to go on right now to know what the real evidence is in this case.

Discounting the thing with some posts being removed something the police said in the news made be think she may have been hit by a car and then hidden. The clues the officer seemed to be talking in and his word choice. I tried to search for the feb 2 press release but I couldnt find it altho ,there are mentions of somewhat what was said starting on page 6 of thread 12.

Discounting the thing with some posts being removed something the police said in the news made be think she may have been hit by a car and then hidden. The clues the officer seemed to be talking in and his word choice. I tried to search for the feb 2 press release but I couldnt find it altho ,there are mentions of somewhat what was said starting on page 6 of thread 12.

Well that is an area I had not thought of...can we get information on 911 calls...dispatch calls..starting about 5pm Oct 17?Campus calls...???

Interesting, but don't most people just leave the scene? I've never heard of anyone hitting someone with a car and getting out, hauling the body into their vehicle, and dumping the body somewhere.

Interesting, but don't most people just leave the scene? I've never heard of anyone hitting someone with a car and getting out, hauling the body into their vehicle, and dumping the body somewhere.

If there was extreme damage to the car and they thought the damage to the car would tie them to that body ,who knows. If they had drugs on them or just even a dui charge so they thought calling the cops was not and option.

If Morgan was intoxicated and hitching I see this as a possibility.

That sounds like and interesting theory. What did the officer say?

checking the last link on post 10 of this thread it states twice that the arena had video footage of her trying to get back in that should dispel the idea that maybe she was not there.

If there was extreme damage to the car and they thought the damage to the car would tie them to that body ,who knows. If they had drugs on them or just even a dui charge so they thought calling the cops was not and option.

If Morgan was intoxicated and hitching I see this as a possibility.

could be a possibility here in wv.killing a pedestrian while driving intox would be vehicular manslaughter.of course it probably is in most states.seems risky to me loading a body along side a road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305