The Backpack/Bus Ride/Miami

jenny1976

Reaction score
This has gotten some talk on other threads, and I am also interested in what happened to the backpack, who she met on the bus, and where she may have gotten on and off.

If she DID board the bus with the backpack, but did not have it when she checked into the hostel in Miami, then that backpack (and possibly Gabriel) could be anywhere between San Antonio and Miami. I don't see LE searching every landfill between SA and Miami.

What they said on NG tonight was that her backpack wasn't on her property receipt. I believe that's what they list what you have with you when you're arrested.

I'd imagine the backpack was at the hostel, and would be listed on the search warrant and/or evidence forms.

I have also been thinking alot about the bus ticket to Ft. Lauderdale. Has anyone figured out how she got to Miami from FL or is Miami a stop on the way to FL and she just got off there?

I think I'll google that.....

Salem

I have also been thinking alot about the bus ticket to Ft. Lauderdale. Has anyone figured out how she got to Miami from FL or is Miami a stop on the way to FL and she just got off there?

I think I'll google that.....

Salem

There were some posts a while back. I searched some travel forums and found people recommending a train that runs from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Beach. I looked it up and posted the link. I think it's called tri-rail. I posted a link to the website in the Important Links sticky thread.

People were also recommending shuttle vans, but I think she'd have taken the cheap alternative. The train was only a few dollars.

Thanks BeanE. It is only about 30 miles, give or take. I would think a train would be a reasonable assumption. I wonder what was close by the bus station? The train connection could have been just across the street?

I'll go find the link to the bus company and try to figure out the Spanish :) and also the link to the train and see what I come up with.

Salem

I see no bus station for Tornado Bus Company in Ft. Lauderdale. On the Tornado website: http://www.tornadobus.com/83.html it only lists Fort Myers and Plant City, which are on the opposite coast from FL & Miami - although it is a straight shot across on Highway 75/595. Interesting. I wonder if Tornado just recently added FL to its list of destinations?

Salem

I see no bus station for Tornado Bus Company in Ft. Lauderdale. On the Tornado website: http://www.tornadobus.com/83.html it only lists Fort Myers and Plant City, which are on the opposite coast from FL & Miami - although it is a straight shot across on Highway 75/595. Interesting. I wonder if Tornado just recently added FL to its list of destinations?

Salem

I wonder if they use the stations of a larger bus company like Greyhound.

I am hoping she had the backpack at the Hostel. What else would she have carried all her stuff in?? Everything she owns plus the new stuff she bought on a shopping spree. It doesn't make sense that there wasn't any type of bag. For all of her stuff she would need a big bag, like the back pack that was described.

My question is WHY did she go to Florida, stay in a "hostel", what was her next planned move? Has any credible information been uncovered that would answer that question? In my opinion, someone had to help her, a young woman in a desperate situation. How would she have had the where withal to do anything she did without direction? I hope that none of the players in this criminal act will go unpunished.

There were some posts a while back. I searched some travel forums and found people recommending a train that runs from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Beach. I looked it up and posted the link. I think it's called tri-rail. I posted a link to the website in the Important Links sticky thread.

People were also recommending shuttle vans, but I think she'd have taken the cheap alternative. The train was only a few dollars.

The tri-rail doesn't go to Miami Beach. She could have taken it to the Metrorail transfer station and then got on the Metro to go to downtown Miami. But, the only way to get to the beach is via the bus or car.

http://www.tri-rail.com/rider_info/system_map.htm

The tri-rail doesn't go to Miami Beach. She could have taken it to the Metrorail transfer station and then got on the Metro to go to downtown Miami. But, the only way to get to the beach is via the bus or car.

http://www.tri-rail.com/rider_info/system_map.htm

I went by this on the Destinations page. I don't know that area at all.

Miami Beach (South)
Tri-Rail Station: Metrorail Transfer Station

Address/Directions/Contact Information:
Metrorail to Government Center Station. Walk one block south, take Metrobus Route C or K to 5th and Washington. Walk one block east to Beach. Passengers have the option of boarding these buses in front of Bayside Marketplace on Biscayne Boulevard.

http://www.tri-rail.com/destinations/md_county.htm#mbeach

I went by this on the Destinations page. I don't know that area at all.

Miami Beach (South)
Tri-Rail Station: Metrorail Transfer Station

Address/Directions/Contact Information:
Metrorail to Government Center Station. Walk one block south, take Metrobus Route C or K to 5th and Washington. Walk one block east to Beach. Passengers have the option of boarding these buses in front of Bayside Marketplace on Biscayne Boulevard.

http://www.tri-rail.com/destinations/md_county.htm#mbeach

Exactly. The tri-rail to the metro to a bus. I'm still puzzled about why she stayed at that particular hostel. It's definitely not in the "heart" of SoBe...

I know we talked about this in the earlier threads. BeanE - do you have the address of the hostel handy?

:blowkiss:

Exactly. The tri-rail to the metro to a bus. I'm still puzzled about why she stayed at that particular hostel. It's definitely not in the "heart" of SoBe...

I know we talked about this in the earlier threads. BeanE - do you have the address of the hostel handy?

:blowkiss:

International Fun Hostel at 230 20th ST, Miami Beach FL 33139

I think it's advertised on Craigslist as Santa Barbara hostel. It looks like it may have been sold, hence the two names.

All the hotel, hostel, park, etc names, addresses, and website links are in the Important Links sticky thread in the top section of Gabe's forum.

I thought I had heard that she missed the bus in Miami to her next destination.....I am thinking she may have left the Pack on the bus...I am hoping LE ask the bus line if a Pack was left on the bus.

I thought I had heard that she missed the bus in Miami to her next destination.....I am thinking she may have left the Pack on the bus...I am hoping LE ask the bus line if a Pack was left on the bus.

Do you have a link for that info on her missing the bus in Miami? I haven't heard that before. Would appreciate the info.

TIA

She bought a ticket to Ft. Lauderdale, which is north of Miami. She wouldn't have gone thru Miami to get to Ft. Lauderdale.

On December 27, Johnson, with baby Gabriel nowhere in sight, was next spotted in a Motel 6 parking lot. The hotel manager told Megan Alexander her movements were recorded on a surveillance camera. Johnson parked her car, gathered her belongings, and walked across the street to the bus terminal, where she bought a ticket to Florida.

The manager showed Megan Alexander the bus ticket Johnson bought using the alias "Elizabeth Jones." Johnson paid $180 in cash for a one-way ticket to Fort Lauderdale and waited patiently for three hours in the terminal waiting room.

http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=3847

I think, if she bought all new clothes and such, then she may have just thrown the bag out. she may have bought a new one. heck, she may have thrown everything out, and just bought all new stuff. maybe trying to rid herself of what was.

On BeanE's timeline for Dec. 27th it said the bus left at 1p. Logan reported the "I killed him text" to the police at 1:05p. So if the police called after the text she was already on the bus when the police were talking to her. FWIW

But.....There could be lockers either at where the bus stopped before she checked in, she could have forgot to get it off the bus when she checked in...EJ would not want to walk around with that huge pack.....Tempe police need to look at her keys if there was a set of keys with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back