1249 users online (267 members and 982 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MO - 22yo man charged w/ beating 1yo daughter for crying in her high chair

Jackson County prosecutors charged Mark A. Guenther with three counts of assault in the first degree.

Lee's Summit police claimed that Guenther confessed to striking the child several times.

Guenther first claimed his daughter hurt herself when she fell in the bathtub. According to court documents, when detectives later told him the hospital said the injuries were not consistent with his story, Guenther said he punched the girl on the back of the head with a closed fist because she was crying in her high chair and her head hit the table. When detectives asked him how she acted after that, Guenther said she was quiet and laid there.

Prosecutor Jim Kanatzar told KMBC's Peggy Breit that the girl is brain dead and remains on life support.

Kanatzar said the case demonstrates that suspected child abuse cases need to be taken seriously. There were two previous suspected cases involving the girl from spring 2009 in Cass County.

more here

http://www.kmbc.com/news/22521985/detail.html

at this link, it was reported the baby was also strangled

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_sc...-1yearold.html

If he couldn't stand a crying baby, why is he taking care of her anyway???
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Doctors: Toddler Not Likely To Survive Beating
    Girl's Father Charged With First-Degree Assault

POSTED: 4:29 pm CST February 10, 2010
    UPDATED: 5:32 pm CST February 10, 2010

LEE'S SUMMIT, Mo. -- Doctors said an 18-month-old girl will not likely survive the injuries that police said she received from her own father.

Jackson County prosecutors have charged 22-year-old Mark Guenther in connection with the beating of his daughter. Police said the baby was declared medically dead on Wednesday morning, but she is currently on life support.
    Doctors said the girl suffered a skull fracture, bleeding on the brain, bruises along the jaw line indicative of strangling, bruises near the abdomen, arm and knee.

Detectives said Guenther admitted that he struck the child with his fist several times in the head and pushed her to the floor because she wouldn't stop crying. He said he held her down by her neck to administer some medicine. Officials said some of the injuries occurred the day before and when the toddler became lifeless the next day he waited two hours to call 911.

Police said two previous instances had been reported to the Cass County Missouri Division of Family Services last year. Guenther admitted to throwing a pacifier at the toddler, which hit her in the head and also to hitting her on the ear because she wouldn't stop crying.

Guenther is charged with three counts of first-degree assault in the latest incident.

more here

http://www.kctv5.com/news/22525993/detail.html

poor little baby....I don't understand why this POS was left alone w/ her.

ETA:

<snip>

Guenther, who never lived with the girl’s mother, had an informal custody arrangement where he would watch the girl on weekends.

According to court documents:

After initially telling police that she had fallen while standing up in the bathtub, striking her chin and neck before landing on the floor, Guenther allegedly told police he had punched the girl twice in the back of the head while she was in her high chair.

She continued to cry, so he took her out of the chair and struck her head on the carpeted living room floor three or four times.

He told police that the bruising around the neck was caused when he held her down with his hands on her neck as she struggled during a breathing treatment for asthma.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...y/1739790.html
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 02-10-2010 at 08:02 PM.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Something has got to be done about all these cases where abuse is suspected and nothing is done until it is to late!! RIP sweet baby girl, that monster can't hurt you anymore.
    Happy New Years

fry his a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    im assuming they have to wait for her to be pulled off life support so they can bump up the charges.......it better be first degree this time.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    fry his a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    im assuming they have to wait for her to be pulled off life support so they can bump up the charges.......it better be first degree this time.
    I just checked a couple of links I posted upthread.

This little one has died.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

awwwwww rip angel

A-CR01401 - ST V MARK A GUENTHER

This information is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record.
    Judge/Commissioner Assigned: COLLINS, WILLIAM B Date Filed: 10/22/2009
    Disposition: Not Disposed

09CA-CR01401 - ST V MARK A GUENTHER

This information is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record.
    Charge/Judgment
    Description: Domestic Assault - 3rd Degree - 1st/2nd Offense { Misdemeanor A RSMo: 565.074 }
    Date: 10/21/2009 Code: 1301900
    OCN: U6007784

Next Charge/Judgment
    Description: Property Damage 2nd Degree { Misdemeanor B RSMo: 569.120 }
    Date: 10/21/2009 Code: 2313500

I want to know if the court ordered visitation. Maybe under his Grandparent's supervision ?

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Of all the cases I have read similiar to this, this one is so heartbreaking. I guess it's the visual I have of this helpless child sitting in a highchair unable to try and get away from the one person who should protect her as he punched her in the back of the head.

2 days a week!! That's it 48 hours. He only had her a short time. WHY just why did he do this? Why didn't he call his mother, aunt, sister, the babies mother, aunt, grandma? There had to be someone he could've called instead of beating a child with such rage.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    A-CR01401 - ST V MARK A GUENTHER

Judge/Commissioner Assigned: COLLINS, WILLIAM B Date Filed: 10/22/2009
    Disposition: Not Disposed

09CA-CR01401 - ST V MARK A GUENTHER

Charge/Judgment
    Description: Domestic Assault - 3rd Degree - 1st/2nd Offense { Misdemeanor A RSMo: 565.074 }
    Date: 10/21/2009 Code: 1301900

Next Charge/Judgment
    Description: Property Damage 2nd Degree { Misdemeanor B RSMo: 569.120 }
    Date: 10/21/2009 Code: 2313500

I want to know if the court ordered visitation. Maybe under his Grandparent's supervision ?
    One of the articles said the baby-killer & mom were never married & had in "informal arrangement" for him to keep her on the weekends.

Maybe the grandparents were trying to get him to do the right thing & be a "dad"....who knows - especially after the previous abuse complaints.

It's obvious he wasn't up to the job.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

Bottom of this article states they are donating her organs. Hopefully several children will live a long life thanks to Elizabeth's organs. This to me is the most unselfish act a parent can do in the time of mourning the loss of a child.

Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post

Bottom of this article states they are donating her organs. Hopefully several children will live a long life thanks to Elizabeth's organs. This to me is the most unselfish act a parent can do in the time of mourning the loss of a child.
    i vote we donate the dad's organs now......witouth anasthesia

Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post

This is sad and beautiful. This little one will live on through others.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    One of the articles said the baby-killer & mom were never married & had in "informal arrangement" for him to keep her on the weekends.

Maybe the grandparents were trying to get him to do the right thing & be a "dad"....who knows - especially after the previous abuse complaints.

It's obvious he wasn't up to the job.
    I read the article, I just don't know who said it. You know me and my conspiracy theories, I'm always thinkin someones trying to cover their butt.
    Lee's Summit is like 10 minutes away from me. I know how the family court system works here. It's weird that there's no case establishing paternity and child support was ordered the day the case was filed. There's only one docket entry. I think I found mom's myspace. It's private but her last login was Feb 4th and her mood was worried.
    It sounds like he admitted to hitting her before, if a judge ordered visitation,it wouldn't look too good on their already troubled Children's Division.
    IDK, but that's what I want to find out.
    I talked to the owner of a foster care group home here in Jackson County about a year ago, right after an 11 year old who was staying with him killed himself, he told me 3 other foster child suicides in the same county that year. None of them got any media attention, even after I sent the obit along with the story to our major media outlets. When a local station ran a story about a case, they said on national tv that they had received threatening phone calls and officials tried to convince them not to run the story.
    IDK if that's the case here, but I want to know why this baby was left alone with someone who had already confessed to hurting her.

Here are links to his Myspace and Facebook pages. I wasn't sure if it was him at first. He must go by his middle name "Andrew". There are several pictures of this little angel and boy was she a cutie! RIP Elizabeth

I will never understand....

http://www.myspace.com/musicianstud

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=ma...&id=1294230082

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    i vote we donate the dad's organs now......witouth anasthesia
    I'll help hold him down.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast