do you guys want a case calendar to log all the timeline info?
Link to Gabe's case calendar: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?c=6
Last edited by BeanE; 03-06-2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: added link to Gabe's case calendar so it would be right in the first post
I will be happy to create one for you guys to fill in and work on. But if there is not interest, not to worry.
I think it is a great idea, JBean, thank you!
If I can be of any help please let me know
here is a link to a blank case calendar. you can add timeline info if you all want to work on it together.
I added an event to try it out. You can see it in the view of December 09 here:
and in the view of the event here:
What you put in as the title is what shows as the event on the monthly view.
You can put in a description of the event, and a link to the source, which you can see in the event view.
You just choose Add Event to put in an item. It wasn't at all hard to do. Easy to understand and navigate.
Sources of timeline info so we can get a quick start on this. If everybody adds just 1 event each day, we can get this done in no time :-)
People who add more than 1 event each day will get a from JBean. But don't forget her rules for having puppies in Gabe's forum:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4769309"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here[/ame]
Tempe PD's update page on Gabe:
Tammi's charging document has a lot of good info:
Questions for the family thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94668"]Questions for the Family **No Discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94738"]Timeline - Tuesday, December 8, 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94739"]Timeline - Wednesday, December 9, 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94740"]Timeline - Friday, December 11 through Tuesday, December 15 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94741"]Timeline - Thursday, December 17 through Monday, December 21, 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94742"]Timeline - Tuesday, December 22, 2009 through Friday, December 25, 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94743"]Timeline - Saturday, December 26, 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94744"]Timeline - Sunday, December 27, 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
* Please note that I haven't updated the opening posts in these threads since I first posted them, so the events have to checked against other more recent information. Might be better to add events from more recent sources and the Questions for the Family thread first, then scan through the timeline threads for anything missing. Just a suggestion.
Last edited by BeanE; 02-11-2010 at 11:36 AM.
I wanted to see how the calendar lets you add an event where you're not sure of the exact day, but you have a time range in which it could have occurred.
You can see this one for Dec 22 or Dec 23 here in the monthly view:
and here in the event view:
What I'm not seeing in the calendar:
- a way to export or download the contents. It would be great to be able to do this to text or spreadsheet-importable format.
- a way to search the calendar. If we can't search it, we really need to be able to download/export the contents and get them into threads we can search.
Would ****** know about these things? I'm not sure what to search on the net. vbulletin functions maybe?
Okay I added some stuff. Do I get my doggy yet?
Two more sources for events to add to the calendar:
This article from Feb 9 has info from a court document:
LE statements thread:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94737"]LE Statements - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Last edited by BeanE; 02-11-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Waiting patiently for my puppy.
1. be sure to post your event on the day it happened, not the day you entered the event. Double check the date or dates.
2. Please, as always in a reference area, we must link to our source of information. MOST blogs are not allowed so don't link to any without checking on it first. Associated content won't work for your purposes on that calendar, so please don;t link to it.
3.You can discuss entries and their source of information on the timeline discussion threads. The information on the threads is fine to use as a link as long as the original source of the information is there. if it isn't there, then it probably should not be on the timeline thread as documented info anyway.
4. if you post information from Missing Gabe, please make note of it IN THE ENTRY. IOW< not only link the source but write out in your entry "PER Missing Gabe", so people know the source from the calendar.
5. You can also use this thread to challenge an entry and to use for general timeline entry discussion
Last edited by JBean; 02-11-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Sorry My first attempt to try and post an event failed terribly and I had to delete that event..
I think I am able to navigate the calender now.... So Sorry newbie to the calender...
Will go back and double check that I put the links in also... Thanks again...
If anyone is posting from the timelines I did to the calendar and you need the source link, please just ask. I'm happy to provide it.
Also in the document, Johnson claimed she feared McQueary would kidnap the baby and leave the state.
Three days earlier, McQueary filed for custody, saying he feared Johnson would kidnap the baby.
Thank you so much, BeanE.
I just wanted to take a moment and publicly thank BeanE for her hard work on this case.
Great job. Thank you.
Puppy please? I worked on January a little bit because December was getting full fast. Gotta go to work but I'll do more when I get back.