GUILTY NC - Trever Cowen for child molestation, Hope Mills, 2010

wtg mom.. i hope you can live with yourself.......

I hope she doesn't have custody of the little girl -- or visitation rights!!

What a !

i hope the girl is either with her father (im assuming the molester is the step dad) grandparents, or a foster home where she isnt looked at like a criminal for telling the turh.

Oh yeah like the six year old made that up, she (mom) is a and a few other chioce words I have for her ... what the hell is wrong with this woman !

This is no mother, she is a disgusting woman!
Seems like she just gave up any rights to motherhood of this poor little girl. May God bless this little girl with a mother deserving of this little girl, a mother that sees her as the treasured gift she is.

I don't see anything at the link or in other stories about this saying that the child was the daughter of this woman or her husband. (Not that what she did wasn't reprehensible, but I don't think she was the child's mom.)

I don't see anything at the link or in other stories about this saying that the child was the daughter of this woman or her husband. (Not that what she did wasn't reprehensible, but I don't think she was the child's mom.)

I don't see it in the article but I thought that is what they said on the news. I may be mistaken.

I don't see it in the article but I thought that is what they said on the news. I may be mistaken.

I don't know. It could be they started reporting she was the mom and then realized that would identify the underage victim, or it could be they just messed up in early reports.

It looks to me like she's just the wife of the molester not the mother of the child. Looking at the charges against her I think maybe she might have created a msg on myspace pretending she was the girl saying she had lied about being molested and sent it out to people.

Ohh geeze, never mind, this kid is 6?! I'm sure she didn't have a myspace! lol

we need to clear this up cause if this isnt the mom we owe the mom a huge 'my bad'

I don't know. It could be they started reporting she was the mom and then realized that would identify the underage victim, or it could be they just messed up in early reports.

You are right Steadfast. I admit I assumed that it was the mother and perhaps a step-father. I went back and re-read the article. Here is what led me down the "parent" path: "Detectives determined that Cowen was trying to get charges of child abuse dropped against her husband by posting the MySpace message."

Generally - child abuse is a charge against parents, whereas sexual molestation is a charge against non-parents. Sometimes parents are charged with both and sometimes a parent is charged with sm, but rarely is a non-parent charged with child abuse. It happens, its just kinda rare. But it could be the case in this situation. Especially because this woman posted on myspace. If it was the child's mother, what reason would she have for doing that? Who did she think would be reading her myspace?

Thank you for reminding us to be careful what we read into things :)

Salem

ETA: http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7001643/

we need to change the title of this thread then cause it is inflammatory towards someone we are falsley accusing

Wow! If you haven't already, you should the comments under the article. Interesting......

Here's another article.

Just figuring they wouldn't have named Amanda Cowen if the victim was related. Then again if I thought she was the mom I'd have been cursing her as well. So, I can now curse her as the wife of the accused.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/02/10/975271

This woman still has a Twitter account. There's a quote about discovering the fountain of youth being divorce where your in-laws change back to children. Something like that. Then she professes love to the husband. O.K.

Here's another article.

Just figuring they wouldn't have named Amanda Cowen if the victim was related. Then again if I thought she was the mom I'd have been cursing her as well. So, I can now curse her as the wife of the accused.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/02/10/975271

This woman still has a Twitter account. There's a quote about discovering the fountain of youth being divorce where your in-laws change back to children. Something like that. Then she professes love to the husband. O.K.

crack kills..............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back