2010.02.11 Motion for Leave to File Supplemental Authority

World - how did you get that motion so fast?

I would like to see the motion defense filed to object to the ex parte hearing, is that possible?

I've only seen the summary so far.
"Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Andrea Lyon object to the state's recent request for a private hearing with Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

The State Attorney's Office asked for a private hearing to discuss "certain materials and information" that have "come into the possession of Law Enforcement." Casey Anthony's defense stated in their objection that prosecutors offered nothing in support of their claim, and "under Florida law a bare assertion is insufficient," according to the motion, which was made public Thursday."

www.orlandosentinel.com

regarding bold.........

Ummmmmmm bare assertion.....Dear Pot, Is that you???? Love, Kettle

I love it when these slow days end up in a bang! :D

I have not had a chance to look through this all yet. But if it is several new motions can we give them each separate threads so the discussion isn't a melting pot of all the new motions? If this thread is already only about one motion can we edit it to reflect that.
thanks

What I think will be interesting is if the SA didn't want the info released because it was to inflammatory to Casey's case. Then the Defense with this motion causes the info to be released and basically sinks it's own case.

Kinda like shaking a can of soda and handing it to someone and saying here hold this.....knowing full well they will open it.

I've only seen the summary so far.
"Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Andrea Lyon object to the state's recent request for a private hearing with Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

The State Attorney's Office asked for a private hearing to discuss "certain materials and information" that have "come into the possession of Law Enforcement." Casey Anthony's defense stated in their objection that prosecutors offered nothing in support of their claim, and "under Florida law a bare assertion is insufficient," according to the motion, which was made public Thursday."

www.orlandosentinel.com

Respectfully Quoted The World According :)
Underlined by me because you already had it bold.

I thought part of what the prosecution is wanting is that the defense not be privy to this "certain materials and information?" If that is true then why would the defense say the prosecutors "offered nothing in support of their claim?"

What is the defense asking for with this statement? What is it they are wanting from the prosecution that they are not getting?

TIA

...jmo...

I see if I read the thread "motions filed 2-11-10" I will have a much better understanding of what these motions are and what they mean. I go there now.

Thanks

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/25092325/Motion-for-Leave-to-File-Supplemental-Authority

Motion for leave to file supplemental authority

This one appears to restate what they already asked for in their other motion recently. They want all of TES records.

Maybe I am being a little picky here but on page 2 of this motion, second paragraph one of the sentences starts out with "Being that TES is no longer concerned..." It somehow sounds as if an 8th grader wrote that sentence and not someone with legal background. Maybe it's just me???

Maybe I am being a little picky here but on page 2 of this motion, second paragraph one of the sentences starts out with "Being that TES is no longer concerned..." It somehow sounds as if an 8th grader wrote that sentence and not someone with legal background. Maybe it's just me???

No, it's not just you. That is so childish on so many levels..........

You have GOT to be kidding me...

He's accusing the STATE of having made a claim with NO EVIDENCE to back it up???

Hello, Baez? You forget about Macaluso already? And where's YOUR evidence? Are we in kindergarten? I won't show you mine, but you have to show me yours?

What a freaking CROCK!!!! He is going to be laughed out of court on this one. I mean, really. Does he think the judge is just going to ignore that the defense itself didn't do that very thing just weeks ago? Is he seriously this mental? Why would you chance the judge throwing the same thing back in your face? I really don't get this.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, Baez, no matter how much you try. Not even clapping your hands while saying "I believe in motions, I do, I do!" is going to save this one. This is beyond pathetic. This is just plain stupid. Maybe he's hoping he won't have to go into court and defend this, and for that reason, I hope a hearing IS called!

And hey you lawyer types, I really want to know something. Is there a point to writing a motion that's going to be turned over before the ink even dries, like this one? Or is this just REALLY throwing out as many motions as possible and hoping something sticks? Seems like REAL desperation at this point...

I'm starting to think the defense has a dart board o' motions up, and they blindfold themselves and throw darts, and whatever gets hit, they decide to write a motion on that. Or a wheel o' motions, and they spin it, and whatever it stops on, that's what motion(s) will be made that day. Both make as much sense as anything else they do...

You have GOT to be kidding me...

He's accusing the STATE of having made a claim with NO EVIDENCE to back it up???

Hello, Baez? You forget about Macaluso already? And where's YOUR evidence? Are we in kindergarten? I won't show you mine, but you have to show me yours?

What a freaking CROCK!!!! He is going to be laughed out of court on this one. I mean, really. Does he think the judge is just going to ignore that the defense itself didn't do that very thing just weeks ago? Is he seriously this mental? Why would you chance the judge throwing the same thing back in your face? I really don't get this.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, Baez, no matter how much you try. Not even clapping your hands while saying "I believe in motions, I do, I do!" is going to save this one. This is beyond pathetic. This is just plain stupid. Maybe he's hoping he won't have to go into court and defend this, and for that reason, I hope a hearing IS called!

And hey you lawyer types, I really want to know something. Is there a point to writing a motion that's going to be turned over before the ink even dries, like this one? Or is this just REALLY throwing out as many motions as possible and hoping something sticks? Seems like REAL desperation at this point...

I'm starting to think the defense has a dart board o' motions up, and they blindfold themselves and throw darts, and whatever gets hit, they decide to write a motion on that. Or a wheel o' motions, and they spin it, and whatever it stops on, that's what motion(s) will be made that day. Both make as much sense as anything else they do...[/QUOTE]

bbm
I agree with you! Excellent points. In addition to the dart board o' motions (LOL! good one), I believe they have a game spinner and every few weeks or so they spin the "Reasonable doubt" wheel and try and implicate another innocent person! JMO....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back