Nejame slaps down defense motion, asks for fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/news/22535671/detail.html

The lawyer for TES expected that the defense would retract their accusation that he released the TES documents to the press. When they did not, he filed a motion with the court, responding to that and their requests for all of the documents. The very experienced Mr. Nejame, sets out the defense is out of line, and has their facts wrong. Again.

Nejame asks the court to award TES attorney fees.
snip

"He has caused unnecessary attorney time and Court time to be wasted, especially since he has been fully advised of its misrepresentations and inaccuracies and nevertheless continues to proceed," NeJame wrote.

Baaaaam!

I love Mark, he is basically saying here...I gave them a chance to take it back and they did not....so ...It's ON!!!!

He is asking for attorney fees because this was BS for them to put that out in the public in bad faith. Even giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they misunderstood what went on with the journalist and the documents, when they were informed of what really happened....and what did not ....they did not retract it. Mark is waaaaay too experienced for them to try this against. One shouldn't accuse another lawyer of impropriety when they are not positive they can substantiate it.....especially when your own team members are under investigation!!!

Can't wait to see how KC's team handles this. :) Wonder if they will appear on the talk shows or call a press conference.

It's Professional vs. Clueless...... guess who will win?

NeJames is such a class man.

When is the Judge going to put the hammer down on Baez an say enough is enough.:woohoo:

Can't wait to see how KC's team handles this. :) Wonder if they will appear on the talk shows or call a press conference.

Are they planning on taking on every attorney in Orlando? They already have their hands full with Morgan because KC refuses to admit ZG is not ZFG.

The way I am understanding this is that the defense is stating since the prosecution offered up no evidence in their motion (duh-it is supposed to be a secret) then they cannot petition the court under FL law.

Sounds like they are copying some of the responses I have read from the SA on defense

I so LOVE Mark Nejames. I bet the A's are kicking themselves for getting rid of him (and yes, I know he publicly resigned, but we all know Cindy gave him the boot first).

Baez never should have messed with the best! Rock on, MN! Show 'em how a REAL lawyer does things!!!!

I so LOVE Mark Nejames. I bet the A's are kicking themselves for getting rid of him (and yes, I know he publicly resigned, but we all know Cindy gave him the boot first).

Baez never should have messed with the best! Rock on, MN! Show 'em how a REAL lawyer does things!!!!

The best part of this is that HE chose to leave THEM........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhqKH9Z_J-U[/ame]
You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the ole Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with TIM

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GaDaSVpxDw[/ame]

Mr. NeJame sure knows the English language better than Mr. Baez.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyb02xETVx8[/ame]

I hope the judge will let the defense know they are over the line. With his own bar investigation and now the scandal Todd is involved in , one would think the last thing Baez would do is make claims against another attorney that he cannot substantiate, with one hundred percent certainty. Wow. It is hubris. Once again!

I wanna break out in song and sing, "Oh Happy Day":woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Who wants to be in the chorus? Don't all jump at once!

Thankyou fellow fabulous sleuthers for all you do and say - bless your cotton socks!

I wanna break out in song and sing, "Oh Happy Day":woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Who wants to be in the chorus? Don't all jump at once!

Thankyou fellow fabulous sleuthers for all you do and say - bless your cotton socks!

SallyLu - I AM doing a happy dance....in fact I've been dancing all day - first I didn my "snow dance" all day hoping for snow this far south and looks like I'm going to get my wish (coastal Alabama) AND now this......couldn't be any better.....unless it was payday AND sentencing day for KC:woohoo::woohoo:

And turned around and donated five grand to Mr. KRONK!!!
Kind of ironic when you think about it...NeJame had received this money while working for the As...and then donates it to RK. Everything comes full circle.

Roy Kronk accepted a check from Mark NeJame, who formerly represented Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony.
NeJame said he received $5,000 for his involvement in the case, and he felt it was right to give the money to Kronk.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey1609jan16,0,1967378.story

I love Mark, he is basically saying here...I gave them a chance to take it back and they did not....so ...It's ON!!!!

He is asking for attorney fees because this was BS for them to put that out in the public in bad faith, and even giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they misunderstood what went on with the journalist and the documents, when it was brought to their attention that indeed what did not happen ....they did not retract it. Mark is waaaaay too experienced for them to try this against.

I wonder if that's the whole point? Sympathy for the Defense?

Given that the Casey Defense is based on media PR spin (allegedly) and seems to play to the media -- is the intent more to get those sound and video bytes to claim that the Defense are being consistently handicapped in their investigation of TES records?

There is an overall theme of the Defense being handicapped, facing unwilling witnesses, all investigative roads blocked, KC witchhunt, etc. All playing to the sympathy of those busy professionals who just see/hear the sound bites and may become the future Jury pool.

I wonder if that's the whole point? Sympathy for the Defense?

Given that the Casey Defense is based on media PR spin (allegedly) and seems to play to the media -- is the intent more to get those sound and video bytes to claim that the Defense are being consistently handicapped in their investigation of TES records?

There is an overall theme of the Defense being handicapped, facing unwilling witnesses, all investigative roads blocked, KC witchhunt, etc. All playing to the sympathy of those busy professionals who just see/hear the sound bites and may become the future Jury pool.

Hey Cyberborg! Are you saying we aren't busy professionals? I'm supposed to be!:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine