What do you think could be done to break this case?

butterfly1978

Reaction score
I remember early on people saying that they needed to lock Misty up and Le could break her. Well she has been locked up for a few weeks and nothing so what do you think could be done to get someone to talk?

Personally I believe that Le should find something to charge TN and GGS with, I beleive that they are Ron's weak spot and if he feels that they could be in trouble than he would start talking or find some way to get others to talk such as Misty. I think the way to break them is to find thier weak spot and I beleive that TN and GGS is Ron's weak spot, now Misty on the other hand, I beleive the only way she will break is for Ron to persuade her to talk, which I don't think he has done.

I'm just looking for ideas that maybe LE has not yet tried.

Discover HaLeigh -- alive or remains.

These characters have gotten away with their games for over a year now, there is no incentive to say anything while HaLeigh is still missing. Ron, Misty or, Tommy could cut a deal in jail but only if there is no backlash that implicates them as well and gives them as much if not more jail time.

LE knows a lot but not enough to know exactly what happened to HaLeigh, when and, by who's hand IMO. It is a catch-22 where they need to determine who to charge with what -- there isn't enough to take to trial. Ron and Misty are co-dependents and co-criminals makes it tough.

Discovery of HaLeigh would put real pressure on them all and cause some slip-ups and cracks. Absent that there is so much confusion and he said / she said the best you can do is slap them all in jail on other charges that put them away for 20+ years.

Oh! that's what LE did. Sometimes you cannot get criminals charged and in jail for the crime they committed so you have to accept the next best and put them away for something else. Unless we find HaLeigh we will never know what happened.

LE to follow up on the comment they made recently that Misty left the home Monday night and HaLeigh was gone when she returned.

I also think that if they beleive that Misty is the "key" and is not the one responsible than they need to let her know that she and her family can be protected, she may not know this. She may think that if she tells what she knows that her and her family will be the next victims. I think someone needs to explain to Misty what her options are if she tells the truth. She may think that the only way to stay alive and keep her family safe is not to tell the truth.

I really do beleive someone needs to explain the facts to Misty, she doesn't even realize what charges she is actually facing at this time, or how much her bond is.

Rather than LP bailing Misty out, he should bail Ron out. The moment Misty finds out LP opted to bail out Ronald instead of her, she'll be fit to be tied - Once she realizes how high the price is for her continuing this cover-up, a price that she alone will pay - all while Ronald is free to eat what he wants to eat, when he wants to eat, smokes when he wants to smoke, and nestles up warm & snuggly with his fanclub/gf(s) - maybe then Misty will see it for what it is. While I'm sure Ronald would be thrilled to get out, he'd also have to be afraid of what Misty might do/say when she finds out. LE should put/keep a tight SV on him as I predict that he'd stay in very close contact with members of the Croslin family who visit Misty. I'd also play him like a fiddle if I were LE by putting out some "concerning" signals that might cause him to panic; perhaps even prompting him to revisit a certain location to check its status and/or possibly relocate whatever "remains" there to a different locale, just in case Misty talks...

MOO~

Take away Misty's cig's in jail and her extra blanket..oh and make sure the commissary is totally sold out before she can order any Honey Buns .....:)

On a serious note I am still pondering this one ...

Take away Misty's cig's in jail and her extra blanket..oh and make sure the commissary is totally sold out before she can order any Honey Buns .....:)

On a serious note I am still pondering this one ...

Oh, I seriously was going to write something along these lines! STOP pampering her and make her miserable! Pampering didn't work when TM had Donna take her to Disneyworld and get a hair do!?!

Give her bread and water and interrogate her under a bright light. That's what I think. :snooty:

I also think that if they beleive that Misty is the "key" and is not the one responsible than they need to let her know that she and her family can be protected, she may not know this. She may think that if she tells what she knows that her and her family will be the next victims. I think someone needs to explain to Misty what her options are if she tells the truth. She may think that the only way to stay alive and keep her family safe is not to tell the truth.

I really do beleive someone needs to explain the facts to Misty, she doesn't even realize what charges she is actually facing at this time, or how much her bond is.

I agree.

Misty loves to talk. She is a social butterfly. If she were put in a cell AWAY from all the action and left in to ponder her own versions of reality she may talk or go totally psychotic.

Ron is not a social butterfly but cannot stand to be alone with himself. This is his achilles heel.

The answer is to put them in a single cell and don't let them interact with anyone other than for basic services. I know they have to see their attorneys but I don't think either of these two attorneys are the doting type. Ron would go ballistic and Misty would do anything to have interaction with anyone. She needs attention badly. She will talk about something with the right motivation. She has no motivation now to talk.

Rather than LP bailing Misty out, he should bail Ron out. The moment Misty finds out LP opted to bail out Ronald instead of her, she'll be fit to be tied - Once she realizes how high the price is for her continuing this cover-up, a price that she alone will pay - all while Ronald is free to eat what he wants to eat, when he wants to eat, smokes when he wants to smoke, and nestles up warm & snuggly with his fanclub/gf(s) - maybe then Misty will see it for what it is. While I'm sure Ronald would be thrilled to get out, he'd also have to be afraid of what Misty might do/say when she finds out. LE should put/keep a tight SV on him as I predict that he'd stay in very close contact with members of the Croslin family who visit Misty. I'd also play him like a fiddle if I were LE by putting out some "concerning" signals that might cause him to panic; perhaps even prompting him to revisit a certain location to check its status and/or possibly relocate whatever "remains" there to a different locale, just in case Misty talks...

MOO~

Absolutely! IMO, LE should've been following some of Ron's relatives, when Ron and Misty got locked up. Like TN and the uncle (Donald?). If they are afraid that Misty will talk maybe they would be the ones to do the deed (move any evidence). I mean he77, they did it for Ron while he went to work, why not do it for him while he's in jail, kwim? Everyone is still in "Cover Your Azz" mode, believe that. JMO

Oh, I seriously was going to write something along these lines! STOP pampering her and make her miserable! Pampering didn't work when TM had Donna take her to Disneyworld and get a hair do!?!

Give her bread and water and interrogate her under a bright light. That's what I think. :snooty:

Maybe it's time LE started interrogating RC under bright lights and take away his showers and clean underwear. Maybe it's time they stopped pretending he's a grieving father and began treating him like a POI, even if the lowest one on the totem poll.

Maybe it's time to put TN under the lights and re-interview her boyfriend. Has GGMS been in the hot seat yet?

Let's get off the Croslins, because I see them as a pathetic bunch whose skids were greased on the downhill slope by association with RC.

I believe LE should concentrate on the Cummings clan.

My opinions only

I don't think Ron will ever talk. He will deny until his dying day because it's a game to him and his ego won't let him lose.

Misty's the key & she won't talk as long as she fears for her life. I have a feeling Ron's not the only one she's afraid of either. Self-preservation means that she can't talk. She honestly believes she will die at the hands of RC and/or others. MOO

Get her the heck away from all those people ... including her own family. De-programme her in a different jail that her family can't afford to travel to. Convince her to believe in a different fairytale that has her leaving jail and never seeing RC again. It's the only way we'll ever get answers. MOO

Open up the investigation more to the public. Let some of the inconsistencies come out so that perhaps others may come forward.

If all else fails, plant a story in the newspaper that LE may file murder charges on Misty and seek the death penalty (body or no body). I think that might get Misty's attention.

One thing is for certain - they all need pressure put on them and since they are lawyered up, it might have to be public pressure.

Do what the thugs do without a "key": bump the lock.

Seriously, if the Haleigh team hasn't already, it is time they think outside the box and redirect the focus away from Misty. Go back to square one and rework the clues without her. Let the state prosecute R&M like any other drug offenders. No deals, no bargains. Make it clear that the game ends now! Shut the door and walk away. If either of the two wants to do some serious talking, great. Otherwise, let'em rot. I refuse to believe that the resolution to this case and justice for Haleigh rest on one conniving little teenager.:furious:

Provide Misty, Ron, and Tommy with "special" honeybuns - truth serum icing. :)

I think a way to get MC to talk about what she knows is to get all the key people in her life to commit the "ultimate" betrayal(s). As to what that betrayal(s) is I do not know but it has to be a sociological BLOW to her, leaving her to feel as if she has nothing to lose by telling what she knows.

Get Teresa and Annette to tell exactly what happened the weekend before Haleigh was reported missing. [i.e., who was watching the children, what they did, Ron's reactions to Misty's departure, Ron's activities that weekend, etc.]

Find out where DonaldSq and his wife were on Sunday and Monday.

Ask Teresa why she lied for her son and his g/f.

Ask Teresa why she pointed everybody to Joe O and lied about him hauling @ss outta town the morning Haleigh "went missing".

Ask Ron why his mother cut him off every time he tried to talk about what happened to Haleigh [on jailhouse tape from Flagler County, broadcast on NG the night before or night of vigil.]

Ask Ron if anybody asked him to lie about anything.

Ask Misty if she really remembers waking up and finding Haleigh gone, or if she was woken by Ron & Teresa screaming at her "Where the hail is Haleigh?!"

eta - ask Teresa & Annette why they thought the wedding was such a GRAND idea.

Trace internet activities of ALL players in the case before and after 2/9/2009.

Misty has beren misguided her whole life - yet when push comes to shove, she cried for and to her family for help. She is an adapter. She can make a life - she will make BFF's in any environment she is in. This new persona - going to tell everyone they can kiss her a$$ is because she is morphing into a jailbird. She is one scary person. If LE can make her not so comfy - isolate her, she may cling to them?

Unfortunately I don't think anything will make Ron or Misty talk at this point. Ron knows how to manipulate the system. His past criminal record shows that. I think Misty is not as dumb as most see her. Ron may of brain washed her as well and used his past history to prove to her, hey do as I say and all will be OK. It worked out for him so far. I am uncomfortable with the fact that all these inmates find a way to communicate with each other, or pass around what they want the other to hear through other inmates. As long as they are in the Florida jail system Ron will get word to Misty and others one way or another. I know most are not if favor of Misty being bailed out by LP. People want Misty to stay behind bars so that LE can break her. IMO, if they were going to break her they would of the first 3 days. Reason being, she had serious detox going on and would of said or done anything to get her next hit and get out of jail. I feel if she was let out and under 24/7 supervision with LP and team (Or anyone else trying to get her to crack), she may shed some light or someone may be able to break her. Again, LE has not been able to break her in a year, in or out of jail.
As for Ron, well what was the first thing he did? He called a reporter and gave his instructions IMO to Misty/Others via interview. (IMO, this is his only fear that Misty or someone will talk.) He goes to the dentist complaining of pain so he can get his pain meds. He has gotten away with much in the past and he probably feels he will do the same again. This is not his first time in jail so he will just wait it out knowing that most likely he is not going to face that much time behind bars. IMO, Ron does have a high IQ as TN stated, but not as in an intelligent person. He has a high IQ on knowing what to do to get away with a crime. He is a smart criminal, but the day will come when someone will out smart him and that day will be when Ron lets his guard down and I don't think that is going to happen any time soon. Unless someone else is charged with what ever happen to Haleigh LE will not be able to get anything out of him nor Misty. JMO though.

I did find this video report to be pretty interesting and now wonder if the State Attorney is going to move forward and start charging someone in regards to Haleigh's disappearance?
In this video (around 4:01), the reporter said that LE did not give a press conference because the States Attorneys office told them not to, due to the drug case and the Haleigh Cummings investigation. I wonder if the State Attorney is preparing to bring forth some new charges?

Video Report: Final Connection to Haleigh Cummings Leaves Neighborhood 02/10/10
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...id=65869876001

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni