Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    The photo looks like the kind of backpack a high school or college student would carry.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalist View Post
    Lenwood is a major stop for people going to Las Vegas as well as a major stop for Truck Drivers. There is also a very large shopping outlet located there...there are so many possibilities but I think the shopping bags are crucial evidence in this case. My guess would be that she is from the area of Barstow or neighboring city of Victorville.
    I agree. I would not call Barstow / Lenwood exactly desolate as compared to the 100's of mile of empty desert. Barstow is a major cross road for truckers and folks traveling to/from Nevada on the 15 or East on the 40 ("the river"). And Lenwood Road is the #1 Barstow stop for food, gas and shopping.

IF you did not want a body / head found, there are many better places along the same road to BURY something. For example, the Zyzzx road to nowhere.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 03-02-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: offensive; be more careful, please.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sniperacer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    They don't look like the same operation. Here is the link one in California.

http://www.fiestamexicanamarket.com/...n/home_en.aspx

They have different logos.
    Yep, Carl's right, it is his link. There are a lot of locations near the foot hills at the beginning of the 15 pass towards Barstow. Barstow is only 1.5 hours away from most of these.

With all the CHP traveling between Victorville and Barstow, you would never want to stop on the side of the highway. Lenwood (west loop) would be the first exist to dump.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperacer View Post
    IF you did not want a body / head found, there are many better places along the same road to BURY something. For example, the Zyzzx road to nowhere.
    That's the Zzyzx road to nowhere. (Not to be nitpicky or anything ) Everytime I am driving to Vegas and drive past the Zzyzx road offramp, I think to myself that this would be a great place to take a cadaver dog for a walk!!
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-25-2010 at 04:17 PM.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    That's the Zzyzx road to nowhere. (Not to be nitpicky or anything ) Everytime I am driving to Vegas and drive past the Zzyzx road offramp, I think to myself that this would be a great place to take a cadaver dog for a walk!!
    I was pretty sure I got it wrong but was too lazy to look it up. But every local will know what we mean.

I agree, there has to be many bodies buried in the desert. Just too easy. They use to "joke" about the mob in Las Vegas taking people on a one-way trip into the desert. I'm not so sure there wasn't some truth in this joke.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sniperacer For This Useful Post:

Womens Head found in Barstow

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Interesting to me is that the head was in a backpack. Why a backpack? Was someone actually carrying it around on their back? Possibly hitchhiking with it? Yikes? Also, then, if you're trying to get rid of it, would you bother leave it out in the open and not put in some dumpster somewhere, where it probably never would've been found? Interesting, but sick!
    I also have considered why it was placed in a backpack. Lets face it if it was merely dumped or thrown out in the desert an animal could of carried it off to God knows where but placing it in a public area like a road near the Lenwood stop indicates to me that whoever was responsible may have been sending a message to her family or loved ones and wanted the backpack found. Maybe the head is a threat?

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Here is the NamUs file for the decedent. She had quite a few fillings and is a young hispanic female, 14-19, neck to shoulder length dark brown hair and brown eyes. Her estimated time of death is days. There's also a reconstruction with the file and photos of her ears.

NamUs File link:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/6718

Case Report with Reconstruction and Ear Photos:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6718
    Last edited by Snufamonbobball; 03-01-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: add link
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snufamonbobball For This Useful Post:

Here is the NCMEC facial reconstruction:

[/URL]
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-10-2012 at 07:53 PM.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    It's so sad to see a new NCMEC UID poster.

Someone had to take care of this girl. She had a good bit of dental work that was high quality.
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snufamonbobball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    It's so sad to see a new NCMEC UID poster.

Someone had to take care of this girl. She had a good bit of dental work that was high quality.
    David Van Norman is sure on the ball. They were pretty quick to get this out there.

From a volunteer sleuther's standpoint, it makes me want to focus on San Bernadino cases because you know that you will be dealing with an enthusiastic professional who won't yawn at you over the telephone.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    Here is the NamUs file for the decedent. She had quite a few fillings and is a young hispanic female, 14-19, neck to shoulder length dark brown hair and brown eyes. Her estimated time of death is days. There's also a reconstruction with the file and photos of her ears.

NamUs File link:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/6718

Case Report with Reconstruction and Ear Photos:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6718
    Wow - that will really help with comparing to missing persons. I will look around more later - very sad case.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

I want you all to tell me right now that this is NOT her:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

No I really mean it guys. I want you to tell me that Juana bears no resemblance to the head....I know it sounds strange but go with me on this one....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Her nose and chin are spot-on.

Her eyebrows look thicker, her cheeks aren't as broad, but her jaws are more broad. I have learned however, not to take forensic drawings too literally.

I wish I could see her teeth or her ears. NamUs shows some excellent close-ups of her ears. I remember D VanNorman saying that he likes to compare ears because they so unique to each individual

She disappeared from Alabama with a four-month lag. No reason to say that she couldn't have run off to California, but I would probably want to focus on people from Rialto, Fontana, San Bernadino, Rancho Cucamonga, and other cities in that area before broadening the search nationwide.

I started looking through Facebook starting with people who went to the two High Schools in Rialto, but it looks like they don't list people by their high school unless they have graduated or are currently seniors. After about 10 minutes of looking, I realized that it would be a much larger, and not as effective method than I had previously thought.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-01-2010 at 03:06 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I seriously can't tell you this is not extremely possible, IMHO. Given it was a a reconstruction there is too much matching to not think it should be eliminated.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast