Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CA - Barstow, HispFem Head UP6718, 14-19, On roadside in Backpack, Feb'10

This UID is not Saron Belay. Saron has also been found alive.

http://www.electstevebradford.com/?p=210

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

I was just driving through Barstow on my way to Needles this past weekend and I could not stop thinking about this case as well as another case that was personal to me (Robert Mastrangelo, a friend since middle school, was found tortured and murdered there).

I stopped off Lenwood near the outlets and all I wanted to do was stare out into the desert hoping an answer would appear from the heated breeze, yet nothing. I wanted to dig through the irrigation ditches for evidence. It drove me crazy.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to one_girl_rev For This Useful Post:

What about this girl? A Facebook friend of mine (who works to help find the missing) was browsing here and was struck by the Jane Doe's facial reconstruction as being very similar to Ivonne Biviano. She went missing from Virginia but it was thought she might've headed toward Mexico...
    (The age-progression picture has a better view of her teeth.)

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

6. The Following User Says Thank You to b4e For This Useful Post:

That's a pretty good resemblance on the teeth. I hope it is not because it is probably the same NCMEC artist that did the two recons. I wish that there was better contrast on the actual photo.

The view of her ear is not clear enough to tell if she has drooped earlobes, or if they are connected at the bottom. Her left earlobe does appear to have a single piercing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

b4e

I messed around with the coloration:
    Here is a link to a free online image editor for anyone interested, it is much like photoshop
    http://www.pixlr.com/editor/

Last edited by Lil'E; 06-14-2010 at 11:01 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil'E For This Useful Post:

I was just looking at the UID recon again, the artist has given her a very high forehead. It looks higher than anyone we've come up with so far, other than the woman who was found alive, don't you think? I'd assume that'd be accurate in this case?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:

b4e

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    I was just looking at the UID recon again, the artist has given her a very high forehead. It looks higher than anyone we've come up with so far, other than the woman who was found alive, don't you think? I'd assume that'd be accurate in this case?
    Here's a side-by-side. I know Carl was told not to put too much faith in the exact details, but the teeth and overall facial shape look close. I'm not sure what I think of the very long time line, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carbuff; 06-15-2010 at 01:44 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

b4e

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Don't know if anybody saw this yet, but skeletal remains were found off Zzyzx Road:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/cali...nclick_check=1

No indication of age sex or anything else, but with that location, I had to wonder.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Don't know if anybody saw this yet, but skeletal remains were found off Zzyzx Road:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/cali...nclick_check=1

No indication of age sex or anything else, but with that location, I had to wonder.
    I thought about that when the other thread was started. If they had said that the remains don't include a skull, then that would be interesting.

But at this point, I would say that this is just one of at least dozens of sets of bones laying around or buried near Zzyzx road.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I thought about that when the other thread was started. If they had said that the remains don't include a skull, then that would be interesting.

But at this point, I would say that this is just one of at least dozens of sets of bones laying around or buried near Zzyzx road.
    Yeah, I know it's most likely somebody else, but the connection was intriguing. This appears to be the only UID we have on WS found near Zzyzx Road, at least the only one turned up by search.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Deborah Adargas, 16, missing from Azusa, CA since 1/4/2010. Hispanic female, very little info available.

http://missingkids.com/missingkids/s...archLang=en_US

I'm having trouble getting the picture to load onto my computer so that I can post it, but does anyone else think it's a possibility?
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 08-24-2010 at 04:46 AM. Reason: left out a couple words.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

She is from Azusa, which is in the general vicinity of where most of the Fiesta Foods stores are located. The timeline from DLC to discovery date is 37 days.

She appears to have broader cheekbones and broader jawline than Jane Doe IMO. Not that far off though. I'd say it's worth checking.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-10-2012 at 09:52 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Deborah Adargas has been submitted. Welcome to the waiting game.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post

She is from Azusa, which is in the general vicinity of where most of the Fiesta Foods stores are located. The timeline from DLC to discovery date is 37 days.

She appears to have broader cheekbones and broader jawline than Jane Doe IMO. Not that far off though. I'd say it's worth checking.
    Despite the differences upon comparing - if my gut-o-meter is any good, I got chills and feel this is her :-( We know it is somebody and I love that we work these cases to find answers. I am glad this is submitted and if anyone hears, PLEASE post back.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Our girl features prominently in this morning's issue of USA Today: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5615363&postcount=1116"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5615363&postcount=1116[/ame]

29. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    I don't know Spanish, but I found a youtube video about Deborah Adargas. There's a picture of her in the video where you can see her ear- it's interesting none the less, that a news station picked up her disappearance.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwfLD_8XMwo[/ame]
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Snufamonbobball For This Useful Post:

I checked out the UID's Namus page and Deborah is not listed as a rule-out but the deceased is still unidentified.

any word back about Deborah Adargas?

Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    I don't know Spanish, but I found a youtube video about Deborah Adargas. There's a picture of her in the video where you can see her ear- it's interesting none the less, that a news station picked up her disappearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwfLD_8XMwo
    I understood about 80%, but I finally got the opportunity to get the other 20% with a Spanish speaking friend.

Here is the translation, as best as I can tell.

TV Anchorman:
    Your City: Her daughter disappeared, and they have no idea where she could be. Our colleague Kena Lara has the report for us.

Kena Lara (Field Reporter):
    A terrible drama is what she is suffering - Mrs. Maria, the mother of 16-year old Deborah, who has been missing since three months ago.

Mother:
    My husband took Deborah to Azusa High School, and he left her there like always, at 8:00 in the morning. She didn't leave from school, because the next day I called and she had not attended classes.

Aunt:
    We went to the school to distribute flyers to all of the students, but it had already been several days.

Bathed in tears, Deborah's mother and her relatives ask for her prompt return.

Mother:
    I don't know if she is on the street, if she is eating or if she is not eating, if she sleeps, or if she feels cold.

Grandmother:
    It affects us - all the family - It affects us.

According to family members of the adolescent, this disappearance is very strange. Deborah is a very reserved little girl, and she almost never left her home.

Mother:
    Yes, perhaps she would have one or two friends, because she was always of one or two friends. She was not very much like that.

Classmate from High School:
    ... but she always pretty much kept to herself and she didn't even speak with the teacher.

At this moment, the Adargas family is left to pray for the prompt return of their daughter. If you have a tip that could help with the location of this teenager, call the authorities. From Azusa, Kena Lara - Channel 62 News - Your city, your team.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-01-2011 at 07:15 PM.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Seeing as how tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of the discovery of this Jane Doe, I decided to run another screen.

This girl looks pretty close, and has not been brought up here.

Raylynn Diane Hernandez
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/hernandez_raylynn.html

Her nose is quite different, but given that the victim's face was mutilated, I doubt that the nose on the recon is very accurate.

Aside from the nose though, the facial dimensions are pretty close. And from what little you can see of her right earlobe, it appears to be of the drooped variety.

She went missing from San Bernadino (a couple of Fiesta Foods stores are located there), and she was last seen 11 days before the remains were found.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    I say run with it...Raylynn's teeth or dentals would likely make for an easy rule in/out.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

The NCMEC has a different DLC. They list her DLC as 26-Jun-2010. If this is correct, then she would not be the Jane Doe.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

ETA: I called the San Bernadino PD, and they verified that the DLC is June 26. So this is not the Barstow girl.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-09-2011 at 01:16 PM.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

So the date she was reported was the date she actually disappeared? We went back and forth with LE on a possible match one time, but the perp was the husband who called her in missing a month after he killed her, so the UID actually ended up being the MP. If that makes any sense.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    So the date she was reported was the date she actually disappeared? We went back and forth with LE on a possible match one time, but the perp was the husband who called her in missing a month after he killed her, so the UID actually ended up being the MP. If that makes any sense.
    FWIW, I asked the Missing Persons detective at SBPD specifically whether it was the Date of Last Contact, and not the date the report was filed. She said that it was the DLC.

... FWIW.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Thank you C-I was not doubting you at all. We are only as good as the info out there...I know.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Is Barstow any where near where that wealthy guy crashed his plane??? Steve Fosset is who I am thinking of...
    No, Steve Fosset crashed up by Walker Lake/Mineral County, NV. Barstow is in San Bernadino County, CA on the way to Las Vegas (if you are driving from Los Angeles or Orange County). Motorists (including myself at times) stop in Barstow to use the restroom or get gas for your car on the way to Las Vegas on Interstate 15.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast