1591 users online (340 members and 1251 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Thumbs up Model busts registered sex offender on craigslist

Today's reoffending sex offender was busted by one "thinking on your feet" young lady.

The young woman saw an ad for a model needed for a workout video. She called the number listed and agreed to meet the "video maker" at a cafe and she brought along friends to be safe. O.K. girls. Anyway, at least she did that.

The man provided her with only a first name of Frank and an addy she was to show up for "the shoot". Guess what? She did a search of only a first name and the addy given her and sure enough it's Frank McCann of Gainsville a Registered Sex Offender. He busted as Internet activity of any kind at all is against his parole.

Phew.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...ruiting-models

And whoever said that girls who answer modeling ads aren't necessarily smart cookies? You go, Girl!!

One down.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    And whoever said that girls who answer modeling ads aren't necessarily smart cookies? You go, Girl!!

One down.
    That's right, Iz.

Like my mom always says "Pretty is as pretty does".

Lord knows what would have happened to this young lady.

Heaven's to Betsy!! I grew up with that saying and repeat it almost every day to my kids and grandkids. It sounds so old-fashioned and even sexist until you really stop and think of the meaning. I'll have to share with my kids that I'm not the only one throwing that old gem around....Aunt Filly and her Mom are with us on this one.

Along with "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all." Hah!!

I'm surprised that my kids have not seriously damaged their eyes from excessive eye-rolling over the years. I do find it notable, however, that these same "goodies" keep getting recycled with my grandbabies. Once you find the ones that work, why change?

Heaven's to Betsy!! I grew up with that saying and repeat it almost every day to my kids and grandkids. It sounds so old-fashioned and even sexist until you really stop and think of the meaning. I'll have to share with my kids that I'm not the only one throwing that old gem around....Aunt Filly and her Mom are with us on this one.

Along with "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all." Hah!!

I'm surprised that my kids have not seriously damaged their eyes from excessive eye-rolling over the years. I do find it notable, however, that these same "goodies" keep getting recycled with my grandbabies. Once you find the ones that work, why change?
    If it's not broke don't fix it, right Iz?

My mom said my great gram used to say that when people would stop her with my mom as a child. My mom's a natural red head. You know the kind with porcelin skin and cascades of dark auburn hair. People would say "Oh she is just absolutely beautiful, Florrie" She would say thank you to them and have my mom say thanks. Then she would interject with "I'm much prouder she is polite and good in school".

Later my mom would say "Why did you say that Gram?" Then she'd give the "Pretty is as pretty does". Another words as my gram explained it to me is it's fine to be physically pretty, but you better back it up with more important things like morals, kindness and compassion and some street smarts.

Guess that's why we were never vain. Lord forbid. Vanity.

You tell those kids, Iz indeed that saying lives on even in Philadelphia. LOL You're a good mom, Iz. Very good mama.

BTW, the eyeroll got me a pinch in the back of the elbow. That hurts. LOL

Thankfully someone taught this young lady to be careful. To be street smart. To think on her feet. Plus she went to LE which speaks volumes. I'm proud of her and don't even know her.

One down.
    I am so proud of these girls. I am glad that they have good heads on their shoulders. If not, this could have ended so differently. Thank God another sicko is off the street.

trust your instincts folks