Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Posted: 2:47 PM Feb 12, 2010
EUFAULA, Okla. (AP) - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says foul play
is suspected in the death of a Eufaula woman whose body was found
along U.S. Highway 69.

Lt. George Brown says the body of 48-year-old Dana Rogers was
found about 11:30 p.m. Thursday. Brown says investigators initially
thought she was a victim of an auto-pedestrian hit-and-run.

Brown says troopers now are considering the case as a possible
homicide and that the woman was killed elsewhere and the body
staged to look like a hit-and-run.

Brown did not say what led investigators to change their initial
assessment.

http://www.kxii.com/oknews/headlines/84252102.html

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says the death of a Longtown woman found by the side of the road may have been staged to look like a hit-and-run.

The body of Dana Jolyne Rogers, 48, was found four miles north of Eufaula on U.S. 69 about 11:30 p.m. Thursday, Lt. George Brown, OHP spokesman, said Friday.

One of Rogers’ best friends, Vicki Horner of Longtown, said it is a big mystery.

“We were texting each other last night — the last text from her was at 9:39 p.m.,” Horner said.

Investigators initially thought Rogers was a victim of an auto-pedestrian hit-and-run, Brown said. He said a trooper later questioned whether Rogers’ death was a possible homicide and believed she might have been killed elsewhere.

Horner said she met with an OHP investigator Friday who told her he believed whatever happened to Rogers happened “right there on the highway.”

Horton said Rogers sent her a text message to say that she and her son, James (in his mid-20s) and a friend (Heidi) were out having a good time last night.

“She seemed to be herself,” Horton said.

“How she got to be all by herself on the highway — I don’t know.”

She said Rogers’ son James was in New Orleans this morning. He didn’t know what happened to his mother and was trying to get back to Oklahoma, Horton said.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_044004015.html

ETA:

Lt. George Brown a spokesman for the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said more information may be released by the OHP on Monday.

http://okiecountrynews.blogspot.com/2010/02/womans-body-found-along-highway-69.html

Prayers for her friends & family.

And I hope Oklahoma LE investigates & gets the perp....I wish I had more faith but the OK cases don't seem to get solved quickly, IMO.

RIP Dana.

Too bad this happened in OK, because LE there doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to solving homicides.

My DBF goes out of town occasionally for tournaments.

I've asked him very nicely to pleeeeease not go to OK....I don't know what I'd do if he disappeared or worse happened....I'm afraid I wouldn't have much hope, and I'm not a 'hopeless' attitude kind of person.....I know I couldn't take months & years of hearing *nothing* from LE.

RIP, Dana :rose:

I'm praying justice does exist in OK.

Not to mention this case seems vaguely familiar to me. Let me see, her body was found 6 miles north of Eufaula, supposedly where my suspect in the Weleetka murders lives/hides. 6 miles from an American Legion Post which he is a member of. Without seeing a picture of her I will predict she is a platinum blonde like Denise Stice, Joann Stephens. I am real creeped out about your L.E. out there.

RIP Dana.

Too bad this happened in OK, because LE there doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to solving homicides.

Although there have certainly been some strange cases in eastern Oklahoma lately, Oklahoma overall has many very competent officers/investigators. IE; '86 Larson murder in Edmond, OK.

Although there have certainly been some strange cases in eastern Oklahoma lately, Oklahoma overall has many very competent officers/investigators. IE; '86 Larson murder in Edmond, OK.

Welcome, younggeo!

I'm sure there are many very competent LEO & investigators in OK...maybe they need better spokespersons or media contacts.

There are too many cases that leave us wondering "are they doing anything?".

I guess it's a situation of 'perception is reality'.

(Where's Tony Day?)

The sheriff out there said he was going to put out some more info on monday. Anything new out there?

Medical examiner: Eufaula woman died from hit and run
Published: 2/17/2010 9:40 AM

A ruling from the state Medical Examiner's Office has investigators changing their course again in the death of a Eufaula woman who was found along a McIntosh County highway.

Officials ruled that the death of Dana Rogers, 48, resulted from a hit-and-run accident, according to a bulletin from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. Investigators had said earlier that her death was possibly a homicide and someone may have staged her body along the roadway.

The agency is now focusing on the vehicle that is believed to have hit Rogers. Information about it is scarce, Lt. Jason Holt said.

"At this point, we have no vehicle information to go on. We are asking for anyone with information to come forward and assist us," he said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100217_11_0_Arulin539014

Thank you Waiting for. But I don't understand, hit and runis still murder isn't it?

Medical examiner: Eufaula woman died from hit and run
Published: 2/17/2010 9:40 AM

A ruling from the state Medical Examiner's Office has investigators changing their course again in the death of a Eufaula woman who was found along a McIntosh County highway.

Officials ruled that the death of Dana Rogers, 48, resulted from a hit-and-run accident, according to a bulletin from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. Investigators had said earlier that her death was possibly a homicide and someone may have staged her body along the roadway.

The agency is now focusing on the vehicle that is believed to have hit Rogers. Information about it is scarce, Lt. Jason Holt said.

"At this point, we have no vehicle information to go on. We are asking for anyone with information to come forward and assist us," he said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100217_11_0_Arulin539014

Thank you Waiting for. But I don't understand, hit and runis still murder isn't it?

Agreed. And the state Medical Examiner's Office has been known to be wrong, as well.

CAn anyone get the address and stuff for this Club 69? Thnx in advance.

CAn anyone get the address and stuff for this Club 69? Thnx in advance.

It set on the east side of HWY69, aprox. a mile north of HWY 150... I'd guess about half way between the towns of Eufaula & Checotah.

Surely the son has some info on where Dana was going when he and Heidi left her, and what she might have been doing in the less than 2 hrs since she texted her friend. Wonder why the group split up (and presumeably they did?)

I'm still asking if the murderer of Rev. Karen Lee Johnson, who hanged himself on the scene -- an ex-marine with fantasies of killing women, undergoing a sex change, is connected in any way to Carol Daniels' equally brutal murder.

I'm radically concerned about the moral climate in OK that spawns so very many brutal and exceptionally odd murders, molestations, rapes. Is there something going on we should know about? occultism? teens with fascination with serial killers? Anyone still teaching right from wrong? *advertiser censored* gone wild? What?

I, too have wondered that as well, Oklahoma Cowgirl. The number of strange deaths and unexplained disappearances in that state is unheard of and inexplicable. The lack of follow-through and commitment on LE's part just makes them all so much more frightening, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back