1350 users online (249 members and 1101 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    377

    Couple celebrates 70 yrs of marriage


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Posts
    530
    Omg, 70 yrs is a lifetime!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Collingwood , Ontario
    Posts
    1,828
    ya of hell...lol J/K good for them.
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    ya of hell...lol J/K good for them.
    LOL......and to think I'm just hitting my 20 yr anniversary...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,205
    My ex in laws have been married 65 years. He is 93 and she is 86. I know he will live to be at least 100 so they should make 70 years, too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    86
    The story brought tears to my eyes. I hope that my husband and I can look back just as happily.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    551
    My grandparents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary surrounded by all 5 of their children and all their grandchildren and great grandchildren in 1992...my grandmother passed away in 1995 so they actually were married for 73 years.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,917
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    My ex in laws have been married 65 years. He is 93 and she is 86. I know he will live to be at least 100 so they should make 70 years, too.
    My in laws were married 66 years before he passed away in 2007. They were still love birds. Held hands, kissed and he was always bringing her little stuffed animals home when he went to town. It was so awe inspiring just to watch them with that twinkle still in their eyes. They could recall every minute, every second of when they met, fell in love and got married. And believe me, she was still jealous of her handsome 85 year old husband too. She would get upset with him if she thought he was talking to the other church ladies too much. ha

    And I am blessed to have a husband just like his devoted loving father. We have had so much fun in the last 26 years of marriage and whatever time God gives us from here on out ......everyday will be treasured.

    My mother in law still celebrates their wedding anniversary. She goes to his graveside to visit his grave and she places a little gift there for him.

    Love is a wonderful powerful thing and true love goes on forever and ever.

    imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorJ4 View Post
    My grandparents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary surrounded by all 5 of their children and all their grandchildren and great grandchildren in 1992...my grandmother passed away in 1995 so they actually were married for 73 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    My in laws were married 66 years before he passed away in 2007. They were still love birds. Held hands, kissed and he was always bringing her little stuffed animals home when he went to town. It was so awe inspiring just to watch them with that twinkle still in their eyes. They could recall every minute, every second of when they met, fell in love and got married. And believe me, she was still jealous of her handsome 85 year old husband too. She would get upset with him if she thought he was talking to the other church ladies too much. ha

    And I am blessed to have a husband just like his devoted loving father. We have had so much fun in the last 26 years of marriage and whatever time God gives us from here on out ......everyday will be treasured.

    My mother in law still celebrates their wedding anniversary. She goes to his graveside to visit his grave and she places a little gift there for him.

    Love is a wonderful powerful thing and true love goes on forever and ever.

    imo
    What wonderful examples have been set! Love like that is rare especially nowadays. My being married 20 yrs seems so short compared to your grandparents.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163
    I love to read these kind of stories.
    Thank you that is a great story.

    I lost my parents 12 years ago and they passed 2 months apart.
    It is said that often times real soul mates pass almost at the same time.

    They knew each other since they were children, and both went through the holocaust. Each went home to look for the other, and they found each other and married again, but no wedding. ceremony.

    They were married 60 years by they time they left this world.
    They had a huge wedding at 50 year anniversary and remarried again.
    Relatives came from other countries it was a great big Celebration.
    They held hands when they walked till the end, they took little vacations together when they retired to make up for all the years they could not. They entertained at home often.
    But what was also really adorable was you can never say anything upset to one, with out the other one sticking up for the other. It used to aggravate me but now it makes me smile
    I miss them a lot.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    1,783

    Smile

    My Italian in laws have been married for about 65 yrs. I love their wedding pic. They are both 84 now and he is deaf and doesnt talk much and she does all the driving but they just keep going.
    I think people who have been married all their lives are so blessed
    Thanks for the story.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 07:19 PM
  2. At 95 yrs old, Couple Celebrates 80th Valentine's together
    By belimom in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 06:38 AM
  3. Interracial Couple Denied Marriage License By Louisiana Judge
    By hoppyfrog in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
  4. Elderly couple end marriage in row over payout from $25-million lottery
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 07:43 PM