724 users online (97 members and 627 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Canada - Deborah Rashotte, 27, Belleville ON, 27 Jan 2010

http://www.trentonian.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2449615

Belleville police looking for another missing woman
    police issued a release asking for information about Deborah Rashotte, who was last seen about a month ago.
    Posted By QMI Agency
    Updated 9 mins ago

Belleville police have issued a release again seeking information about a missing woman.

On the day Jessica Lloyd was laid to rest, police issued a release asking for information about Deborah Rashotte, who was last seen about a month ago.

Her family reported her missing on Friday. Her last known location was St. Thomas Church and her disappearance apparently came around the same time as that of Lloyd, who went missing two weeks ago and whose death has now been linked to Col. Russell Williams, the former base commander of CFB Trenton.

Rashotte is described as five feet seven inches and 130 pounds. She has long, red hair and blue eyes and was last wearing a white jacket.

Anyone with any information should contact the Belleville Police Service at 613-966-0882.
    http://www.nowpublic.com/world/debor...ok-asking-post

Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-21-2010 at 06:04 PM.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca...hub=OttawaHome

Another woman goes missing in Belleville

Updated: Sat Feb. 13 2010 19:01:57

Elizabeth Howell, ctvottawa.ca
    Police are looking for another missing woman in the same city that Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd was from. Belleville authorities issued a release late Saturday asking for information about Deborah Rashotte, who was last seen about a month ago.
    Rashotte's disappearance came two weeks before Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd vanished on Jan. 27.

snip*
    Abandoned cell phone in bathroom
    Rashotte's cell phone was left in the bathroom of her father, where the 27-year-old was living. The last call on it was made on Jan. 23, and on Feb. 4 service was suspended due to non-payment, Clancey said.
    Rashotte is described as five feet seven inches and 130 pounds. She has long, red hair and blue eyes and was last wearing a white jacket.

Anyone with any information should contact the Belleville Police Service at 613-966-0882.
    Last edited by Patience; 02-14-2010 at 08:42 AM.

http://intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2449612
    Updated 11 hours ago

More Photos

On the same day that Jessica Lloyd was laid to rest by her family, another local woman was being reported missing by Belleville police.
    Belleville Police Chief, Cory McMullan said police are asking for information about Deborah Rashotte who was last seen about a month ago.
    Last edited by Dave AHFB; 03-11-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Broken links

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...14?hub=Toronto

Police seek help to find missing Ontario woman
    Updated: Sun Feb. 14 2010 10:39:44 AM

ctvtoronto.ca

Police in Belleville, Ont., are asking for the public's help to find a woman who has been missing for about a month.

Deborah Rashotte, 27, was reported missing by her family on Feb. 11, Belleville Police said Saturday. She was last seen about a month ago near St. Thomas Church in downtown Belleville.

No links between missing Belleville women: police

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca...hub=OttawaHome

No links between missing Belleville women: police
    Updated: Sun Feb. 14 2010 11:58:29

ctvottawa.ca

Although it was Jessica Lloyd's high-profile disappearance and death that encouraged the friends of missing Belleville woman Deborah Rashotte to come forward, police told CTV Ottawa they have not found any links between the two cases yet even though the women are from the same city.

"Knowing what I know, there's no connection, I'm feeling safe to say," Det. Insp. Mike Graham said.

"There's a procedure we follow with a missing person's case. We've looked into it and there's nothing there."

Belleville woman missing a month

Rashotte's disappearance popped up at a time when the community is still coming to grips with the death of Jessica Lloyd. Lloyd's case turned into a bombshell when Col. Russell Williams, the former base commander of CFB Trenton, was charged with her death.
    Anyone with information should contact the Belleville Police Service at 613-966-0882
    http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa.../12876401.html

Ahem ... at times, LE makes statements that ultimately turn out otherwise (by the same token, at times I make statements that turn out otherwise )

There are 13 listings for the Rashotte surname in Belleville, so not an exceptionally common surname. Don't know Deborah's father's name, and no idea if this is a relative of Deborah's, but there is a Belleville realtor by the name of Mark R. His name and specific realty firm is referenced in CFB Trenton's "contact newspaper" in October 2006, March 2009 and November 2009. The firm handles relocation contracts for the federal government, and has:

... exclusive use of the kiosk at the 8 Wing Trenton military retail outlet. From this location base personnel, and particularly families in rental accommodation, have an opportunity to view your listing. Another great reason to list with (name redacted) ...
    (from: http://www.davidweir.com/WhyLePage.html)

Sometime in 2005, R. Williams served six months as commanding officer at Camp Mirage, south of Dubai. Around this time, the Williams bought a second home on Lake Stuco near Tweed, ON about 40 kms north of Belleville. Would be interesting to see which realtor they used in their property purchases.

Obviously none of the above is relevant if Mark R is no relation to Deborah.

just sayin' .. for now
    Last edited by sillybilly; 02-14-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: clarity

Apologies for not providing a link to the "contact newspaper" at CFB Trenton. They are all pdf files, and my computer seems a bit bogged down after visiting certain sites. Y'all can just google +"contact newspaper" +"cfb trenton", etc.

I shall now toddle off to google "paranoia"

I am just wondering how they can say that Deborah missing is not related to RW

There is no part of me that wants these cases to be linked. I truly hope and pray for Deborah's safe return homebut......I just don't understand how they can say that she is missing and they are asking everyone to check their sheds etc especially on hwy 37 area.

"Knowing what I know, there's no connection, I'm feeling safe to say," Det. Insp. Mike Graham said

If no one knows of her whereabouts, I don't know how anyone except for RW would know for sure that the two cases are not connected. Unfortunately, he is not the most trustworthy source to have this question answered IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by satchel View Post
    There is no part of me that wants these cases to be linked. I truly hope and pray for Deborah's safe return homebut......I just don't understand how they can say that she is missing and they are asking everyone to check their sheds etc especially on hwy 37 area.

"Knowing what I know, there's no connection, I'm feeling safe to say," Det. Insp. Mike Graham said

If no one knows of her whereabouts, I don't know how anyone except for RW would know for sure that the two cases are not connected. Unfortunately, he is not the most trustworthy source to have this question answered IMO.
    Agreed satchel. I truly hope Deborah has just wandered off for a bit and will turn up safe and happy. Sometimes peeps just want to leave it all behind.

I'm pretty pro-LE and have tremendous respect for the job they do. IMO, they try to keep all hope alive until such time as there simply isn't any.

Can't help remembering though, the spokesperson for the Oxford PD saying with great assurance that they believed Tori was alive, and the hope that it instilled in all those who cared.

When contemplating why RW caved so quickly, can't help but wonder if he decided to fess up on a couple with a view to 25 years and a smidge of a life, rather than get nailed as a DO down the road and die in prison. JMO

Purse, phone found at missing girl's home

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleD...aspx?e=2449716

Friend says girl suffered from Schizophrenia
    Posted By JASON MILLER THE INTELLIGENCER
    Updated 26 mins ago

A 27-year-old woman who was reported missing by Belleville police Saturday suffers from Schizophrenia, a friend says.

Belleville Police Chief Cory McMullan told The Intelligencer on Saturday that Deborah Rashotte was last seen about a month ago.

"There have not been any links made to the Jessica Lloyd case," she said, addressing concerns the community may have considering Rashotte's disappearance became public the day Lloyd was laid to rest.

"Obviously, we will be looking for any potential links. But, at this time there is nothing to link her disappearance to any other cases."

McMullan said police launched an investigation after her family reported her missing Thursday night. Her last known location was St. Thomas Church in Belleville.

"We're treating her as a missing person and we're following the procedure that we would anyone that would be reported missing to us," she said. "We're just asking anyone who has heard or seen her to give the Belleville police a call."

Ann Arding was the last person Deborah spoke to on the phone, in the wee hours of Saturday morning. They were making plans to go to Little Texas, Deborah's favourite bar, that night.

"I never got a phone call back that day," Arding said. "I haven't heard from her since. "

Arding is concerned for Rashotte's health. She said the young woman suffers from Schizophrenia and had ran out of medication before she went missing.

"She was saying she was going to put herself in the (Belleville General Hospital) to get some medication," Arding said. "That's the last conversation that we had."

The women maintained close contact through text messaging and social networking sites such as Facebook.

I'm moving this thread to the discussion forum.

Hoppy
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

The Williams Investigation

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/will...ion/index.html
    • more

• Police comb Ottawa house for evidence as mourners recall slain woman
    • Fallout of murders hits small town
    • Neighbour thinks Williams tried to frame him
    Last edited by Dave AHFB; 03-11-2016 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Broken links

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    The Williams Investigation

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/will...ion/index.html
    • more

• Police comb Ottawa house for evidence as mourners recall slain woman
    • Fallout of murders hits small town
    • Neighbour thinks Williams tried to frame him

Patience, none of the links in BLUE work for me

***MISSING PERSON***Deborah Rashotte*** FACEBOOK group

They are looking for volunteers to help in the search for Deborah TONIGHT, and people to print and distribute posters/flyers. Apparently Trenton OPP is providing posters.

Anyone with information, please contact BELLEVILLE CITY POLICE 613-966-0882 Detective Paul Josefik Ext. 2311
    Last edited by Dave AHFB; 03-11-2016 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Broken links
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Missing Belleville woman had nomadic lifestyle: police

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

Mon Feb. 15 2010 3:00:16 PM
    The Canadian Press

Graham pointed out that, unlike Lloyd, Rashotte has lived a "nomadic or very transient lifestyle."

"It's not been unusual for her to go missing in the past by her own accord," he said. "She's gone missing for a week or two in the past and she's been located in Hamilton and Toronto and other cities."

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast