Thread: CANADA - Diane Prevost, 2, Parry Sound Ontario, 17 Sept 1966

CANADA - Diane Prevost, 2, Parry Sound Ontario, 17 Sept 1966

Diane Prevost
    Missing since September 17, 1966 from Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: January 2, 1964
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair.
    • Marks, Scars: Diane had stitches on one foot. She has an indent on the opposite knee where a hot iron touched her skin.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    On Saturday September, 17, 1966, Diane Prevost disappeared while her family was camping at Grundy Provincial Park. Diane was playing on the beach, and would not go near the lake, as she was afraid of the water. Diane wanted to return to the trailer at the campsite, which was about 500 feet from the beach. Her father indicated he would take her back, but when he turned to do so, she was no longer on the beach. The family began to look for her immediately, and after an hour contacted the police for assistance. Despite an extensive search of the park and the lake, Diane was not found and has not been seen since.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthrobones For This Useful Post:

Here is her website:

http://www.dianeprevost.info/

Her adult reconstruction looks like Valerie Bertinelli, doesn't it?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthrobones For This Useful Post:

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrobones View Post
    Her adult reconstruction looks like Valerie Bertinelli, doesn't it?
    Yes she does.

I cannot help but think this little girl may have drowned

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KarlK For This Useful Post:

Age Progression of Diane Prevost to 45 years old (February 2009)

http://www.dianeprevost.info/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    I think she either tried to find her way back and got lost, or a she was kidnapped. The family camped there often, the site states every weekend or almost every weekend.

It is hard to imagine a child falling into a lake and no sound, no splash that something fell in. Especially if here dad was right there untangling his fishing line. Even a fish jumping would likely make noise someone would notice and then see some ripples on the water...

I wonder if any regular campers suddenly quit camping their after Diane went missing. She was a beautiful little girl.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

A lot of mistakes were made by LE. They did not close the gates to the park to search vehicles leaving. I have been to this park it is very vast, There are at least 4 lakes, a lot of forest. It would be very easy for your child to wander with out knowing which direction they went. I was camping at Arrowhead Provincial Park, a while ago, when my 7 year old son suddenly wasn't on the campsite any longer. With in 30 min of not finding him, we notified park rangers. They very quickly descended, to the area. Park gates were closed.
    90 min later he was found in a totally different camp ground area. He had been trying to follow a woodpecker. Then just followed a trail and ended up on a different campsite.
    What I am saying is Grundy Park is a park where in a heartbeat they can be out of your sight. And you might not know which way they went. Scary, really.
    Here is some pics of Grundy Park. Gives an idea of how vast it is.

http://www.ontarioparks.com/ENGLISH/grun.html

Last edited by RubyRed; 03-30-2010 at 04:35 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    thanks for the pictures and info RubyRed. The link to the families site stated the park is about 6100 acres! That is one massive amount of land. Kids move quickly... and in a blink of an eye are gone, distracted, have no idea of what dangers might befall them.

Also, LE back in the 60's was so incredibly different than today, especially in their training.

I hope the family finds answers one day....
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Judging from the pictures those lakes are likely to have steep drops in water depth very near the shore. Also in those types of lakes undercurrents are often encountered that are quite stronger than one would expect from a lake. I am no expert but I do know that finding drowning victims is rarely as easy as it may sound. If the kid was towed under by a current it is quite possible that her body got snagged and never surfaced.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KarlK For This Useful Post:

http://www.cottagecountrynow.ca/news...er-still-alive

Sarah Frank
    Jun 08, 2011 - 12:01 PM

Family believes daughter, sister still alive

The family, alongside search teams, scoured the park that night and found no trace of the toddler. Forty-five years later, the Prevosts are still looking.

I think she wandered off and sadly ended in a thicket of bushes or under a tree and was never spotted....In such a big park - you could never cover every inch of the park and while she was in one direction the family searching for her were in other directions.

I found something rather odd while looking through Google archives and I can't find anymore info on this girl, but despite the 1 year difference from this girl being found and when Diane disappeared, I found this resemblance to be oddly uncanny.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ed+child&hl=en

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ashyboy16 For This Useful Post:

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ashyboy16 View Post
    I found something rather odd while looking through Google archives and I can't find anymore info on this girl, but despite the 1 year difference from this girl being found and when Diane disappeared, I found this resemblance to be oddly uncanny.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ed+child&hl=en
    Really looks like Diane Prevost.

From what I could read this little girl was found in Nebraska. That's quite the drive.