Thread: Mom Leaves Baby With Homeless Woman

Mom Leaves Baby With Homeless Woman

Silvia Marcial is being charged with felony child neglect. The 23 year old mother apparently left her 1 year old baby with a homeless woman.

LE is figuring it was anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes. Marcial called police and said her child had been kidnapped. Meanwhile the homeless woman was flagging down police with the baby.

This is weird. One would think the homeless lady would say the last thing she needed was a baby, right? Maybe the mom just plopped the baby down and this lady wasn't going to leave a baby on it's own? What's up with this?

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...rrested-9.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Filly--Sad to say I know the neighborhood well. My daughter works that area. I have no doubt the woman was gone for 10-40 minutes. What does that tell you? This is one of those times that good sense prevailed (to a certain degree). She didn't take the baby with her into the car/truck but instead left it with a friendly seeming woman. Let's hope (so we can sleep tonight) that she's marginally known the woman from the street.

And thank God, the homeless woman/angel had the sense to flag somebody down. At least one person did the right thing and the baby's safe. Yikes.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Filly--Sad to say I know the neighborhood well. My daughter works that area. I have no doubt the woman was gone for 10-40 minutes. What does that tell you? This is one of those times that good sense prevailed (to a certain degree). She didn't take the baby with her into the car/truck but instead left it with a friendly seeming woman. Let's hope (so we can sleep tonight) that she's marginally known the woman from the street.

And thank God, the homeless woman/angel had the sense to flag somebody down. At least one person did the right thing and the baby's safe. Yikes.
    Iz, it always helps a bit when we know the neighborhood.

You are right. The mom could have well done anything and in this case did the right thing.

An angel. That's true. They come in all forms.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

http://cbs13.com/local/child.neglect...2.1495102.html
    The homeless woman, Angela Furry, says that she was only asked to hold the baby, and was totally flabbergasted when the 'mother' took off; 'mother' says she asked Furry to watch him.

From the pic at the link, he's an adorable little guy.
    "mother" is held on 50000 bond.
    Furry was questioned released.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...1&provider=top
    This one tells more of the story:
    5 p.m on Sunday, she leaves the child with Furry at a supermarket. Furry waits for awhile and when 'mother' doesn't show, she takes the child back to her camp.

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,7913279.story
    And this one says she had just met her in the store. Furry says they wanted to go buy drugs and left her little one and his stroller.

THANK YOU ANGELA FURRY. MAY YOUR KIND HEARTEDNESS AND SPIRIT BE REWARDED A THOUSANDFOLD.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Doesn't this once again prove that it doesn't matter what your station in life, your issues, your addictions, your sex, your age when it comes to doing "the right thing". There's always two choices.

Thank you Angela!! Your Momma chose the perfect name for you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post: