899 users online (133 members and 766 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IA - Horror visited rapist's cell - so he says

Some might call it prison justice.

Brian P. Street calls it an injustice.

The Iowa man — serving 30 years in federal prison for repeatedly raping a teenage stepdaughter who later burned down his home — has filed a federal lawsuit alleging that another inmate repeatedly raped him.

The prison rapes have had crippling consequences, Street wrote in the suit.

“I was and still am scared to death,” Street wrote, “and had no one to turn to.”

If Street's claims are true, the 41-year-old federal prisoner may be getting a picture of what it was like to be his victim.

Street writes of shame. He writes of fear. He writes of no one listening to his pleas. Just like his stepdaughter did.

In March 2005, Tracey Dyess, then 17, set fire to the family's Griswold, Iowa, home in an attempt to kill Street for repeatedly raping her. Instead, the fire killed her 13-year-old sister, Jessica, and a 6-year-old boy who lived with the family.

Dyess was sentenced to 45 years in prison in the deaths.

Street was sentenced to 30 years for raping Dyess.

Street, who alerted The World-Herald to the suit, alleges that corrections officers deliberately placed an inmate in his cell to sexually assault him. Federal corrections officials have yet to file a response to the lawsuit.

“I wouldn't believe a word he said,” said the Rev. Val Peter, the former Boys Town executive director who routinely counsels Dyess. “He's a con artist.”

more here (on his tales of how awful it is to be raped)

http://omaha.com/article/20100213/NEWS97/702139864
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

It amazes me how these criminals are so "bold" when subduing and abusing children, let them take their chances in prison

no one protects their victims on the outside...if you do the crime, do the time, and figure on being around other people who may be as nasty as you but bigger and stronger

Irony...he's doing it right.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

“I was and still am scared to death,” Street wrote, “and had no one to turn to.”
    Yeah, that's how your victim felt, too, dillweed.

The good Reverend even said he's a con artist.

How horrific the girl burned the house down and her sister was killed and a boy? This guy lives and files a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post

seconded.

I feel a little unsure of my own morals when I hear these things....I am not exactly thrilled to hear this dude is being raped (if he is) because I dont believe it's the right thing to do to anyone, for any reason.

Anyone here still read up on the "parents" of baby P? evidently stepdad, this week in prison, was burned badly by another inmate with boiling water that may or may not have been sugar water (not confirmed, would cause worse burns)

all I could do was clap.

Again, I wasnt thrilled, this isnt right to do to anyone.

yet again, I cant find it in myself to be a big enough person to not feel like they reap what they sow.

dont rape your stepdaughter - you wont be raped repeatedly in prison.

dont beat your step son to death. you wont get burnt up and attacked by other inmates.

No sympathy.

[QUOTE=Texas Mist;4813160]

Street writes of shame. He writes of fear. He writes of no one listening to his pleas. Just like his stepdaughter did.

Oh Boo Hoo! I think he should be made to share a cell with his rapist. After all, his step-daughter had to live with her rapist.

Good God, when can we just shoot these b@stards? They put down dogs for bites, but we put up with these terrorist abusers?

(Sorry to all for my rants, I have no compassion left for criminals.)

I'm sorry if I cannot muster an ounce of sympathy for this bastard. Because of what he did, his step-daughter will spend the rest of her life in jail and two other kids are dead. I hope that no matter who they pair him with, he suffers daily for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by Kymistry35; 02-15-2010 at 08:34 PM.
    Happy New Years

That “began a 26-day terror beyond my imagination that still to this day leaves me with nightmares and the fear of all inmates,” Street wrote. “To add to my horror, I was being held captive by this inmate for 26 days never knowing from one minute to the next if I was about to be sexually assaulted again.”

BBM
    http://omaha.com/article/20100213/NEWS97/702139864

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    The abuser becomes the abused. Karma at it's finest!!!!!

Yes, I believe in Karma. But I can't condone violence of any kind. I read these particular threads with dread as they leave me greatly conflicted. I've had the misfortune of having my children raped by a monster. I've dealt with their attempted suicides, PTSD, risky behaviors, physical wounds, and endless tears. I've had to accept that my life will forever be changed due to someone's evil. I had to take down the book from the shelf, titled "child rape" and sit with it on my lap for an eternity.

I still don't wish harm on the rapist. I often feel wrong, naive, or "out of sync" because of my lack of anger. I question myself as to why I couldn't want to harm him given what he's stolen from our family. I imagine all sorts of scenarios. How would I feel if he were hit by a car, bitten by a dog, raped by a larger man? Every one of those "fantasies" make me sick and ashamed of myself. As he's just as human as I am.

Are there are other posters who have endured the rape of their children or who are survivors themselves and have been able to totally forgive? Not through a particular faith or belief system.....but just due to the fact that hating and wishing harm on others isn't the right thing to do and uses up energy that can be used for positive change in our world.

I know....I'm nuts. You all must think that I have rose colored glasses stuck permanently adhered to my eyes. I just can't believe in violence. I do believe in giving back to society when you've done wrong. I believe in sanctioning and punitive measures. But I can't believe in violence. Violence is what hurt my family. I guess I just hang on to the belief that there's a modicum of humanity and goodness in the least of us.

I deplore what happened to this young girl and what she was driven to do. I'm heartbroken that she most likely never intended to kill innocent people. But, on the other hand, I can't celebrate the rape of her rapist. I don't want to encourage or look away from evil. If we do that it will only grow.

I fully respect your position of anger and karma and "what goes around..." I guess, though, for me it just doesn't work. Sometimes, I wish it did. It might be easier.

I think I am supposed to cry now? Uhhh, boohoo I guess. Hohum.

While I wouldn't encourage this, I am afraid I won't cry about it either. So has he written to Tracey to say that he now understands how she felt? To apoligise for what he did to her? Has he shown any understanding at all?

Or maybe this is different. Maybe he really loved Tracey. But maybe this inmate really loves him. After all, if they love the victim they should be able to force sex on them right??? (calm down people, my version of sarcasm.)

The jack*** is copying off what his stepdaughter said about him, and is trying to throw it back in her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Yes, I believe in Karma. But I can't condone violence of any kind. I read these particular threads with dread as they leave me greatly conflicted. I've had the misfortune of having my children raped by a monster. I've dealt with their attempted suicides, PTSD, risky behaviors, physical wounds, and endless tears. I've had to accept that my life will forever be changed due to someone's evil. I had to take down the book from the shelf, titled "child rape" and sit with it on my lap for an eternity.

I still don't wish harm on the rapist. I often feel wrong, naive, or "out of sync" because of my lack of anger. I question myself as to why I couldn't want to harm him given what he's stolen from our family. I imagine all sorts of scenarios. How would I feel if he were hit by a car, bitten by a dog, raped by a larger man? Every one of those "fantasies" make me sick and ashamed of myself. As he's just as human as I am.

Are there are other posters who have endured the rape of their children or who are survivors themselves and have been able to totally forgive? Not through a particular faith or belief system.....but just due to the fact that hating and wishing harm on others isn't the right thing to do and uses up energy that can be used for positive change in our world.

I know....I'm nuts. You all must think that I have rose colored glasses stuck permanently adhered to my eyes. I just can't believe in violence. I do believe in giving back to society when you've done wrong. I believe in sanctioning and punitive measures. But I can't believe in violence. Violence is what hurt my family. I guess I just hang on to the belief that there's a modicum of humanity and goodness in the least of us.

I deplore what happened to this young girl and what she was driven to do. I'm heartbroken that she most likely never intended to kill innocent people. But, on the other hand, I can't celebrate the rape of her rapist. I don't want to encourage or look away from evil. If we do that it will only grow.

I fully respect your position of anger and karma and "what goes around..." I guess, though, for me it just doesn't work. Sometimes, I wish it did. It might be easier.
    Lack of empathy or sympathy for the newly victimized predator does not necessarily equate to anger or vindictive feelings.

Do I feel bad for him? Not for a single second.
    Do I take great glee in reading it has happened?
    Am I hoping he has caught some communicable disease as the topping on the cake?

No, more like we are all taught the lessons in life that we need to learn.
    The world's own immersion therapy...

Some people learn the hard way.... I won't be crying for him.
    And I won't be doing backflips at the idea of spending more court money on him to hear his case.
    Last edited by impatientredhead; 02-15-2010 at 09:25 PM.

I don't feel bad for this man at all. From babyhood, we are taught to do unto others as we would want done unto us. If you're not willing to have sex forced upon you, then don't do it to someone else- plain and simple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast