Cox Family Press Conference - 15 Feb 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This could be interesting. I know they're going to set up a foundation, but they also said they're going to answer questions.

If anyone finds a link, please post it.

Thanks,
fran

PS.............wonder if J is starting to feel like a deer in the headlights?

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...te-Cox-family-to-hold-press-conference-Monday

Susan Cox Powell Update: Cox family to hold press conference Monday

February 14, 2010 - Susan Cox Powell's family will hold a press conference Monday, Feb. 15, at 1 p.m. at the Best Western Hotel located at 620 S. Hill Park Drive, Puyallup, Wa.

Members of the media are invited to arrive at 12 p.m. to set up equipment as needed.

The Cox family, including parents and siblings, will hold the press conference. Several members of the Cox family are scheduled to be present. A family spokesperson will read a statement and answer questions that have previously not been addressed by the Cox family.

Shelby Gifford, a spokesperson for Chuck and Judy Cox, said in the Sunday news release that in addition to the foundation, the family will "answer questions that have previously not been addressed" related to the case of Susan Cox Powell, who was reported missing Dec. 7. The release does not specify topics the family will discuss.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14402516

I am hoping they answer the question what is leading them to believe Susan is alive and out of state.

I'm wondering if this is what came out of the discussion on the Dr. Phil show. If so, it would be especially likely go get lots of national attention after the show.

No news on the press conference yet that I can find any one else finding anything?

Susan Powell, the 28-year-old mother of two who disappeared in December, told her family she would leave her emotionally and -- at least once -- physically abusive husband by April 6, her wedding anniversary, if their relationship did not improve.

The whole puzzle is slowly coming together, and I very much doubt it was just once.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14405679?source=rss

If she told people more, they would not have supported her staying in the relationship, and my guess is she wasn't ready to give up on it. So the only option is quit talking about what he did or does. It's likely to make f&f treat him differently and thus make it worse for her.

Susan Cox Powell Press Conference: Josh's control over Susan, there were clues

February 15, 2010 - The family of Susan Cox Powell, who was reported missing Dec. 7, 2009, held a press conference Monday afternoon in Puyallup, Wash. The family discussed several issues, including that Josh Powell, Susan's husband and only person of interest in the case, showed controlling behaviors toward Susan.

Of primary concern was Josh's control of Susan's day-to-day activities. For example, Gifford said, not giving Susan the keys to her car. She had to check them in and out with Josh.

Josh changed Susan's PIN number so she could not access her checking account. Her father helped remedy this by helping her open a new account. The family is not aware if Josh took control of that account.

Susan, Gifford said, was an exceptional mother and her boys were everything to her. She was great at parenting the kids. She was consistent, considerate, and loving.

Josh undermined her efforts as a mom. Gifford cited a first-hand account when Susan was trying to put the boys to bed one night. Josh would take them out of bed and tell the boys how mean their mommy was. She was frustrated and it was not something she took

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...nce-Joshs-control-over-Susan-there-were-clues

from the above link:

The family understands that domestic violence progresses through physical violence, sexual violence, and even death. Gifford said domestic violence typically starts gradually and escalates. Susan and Josh had some of those dynamics in their relationship.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...nce-Joshs-control-over-Susan-there-were-clues

..............................................................................................

When these cases start, we know what happened but always hope for the best. But as the details begin emerging, it's heartbreaking to hear. It doesn't matter how many times we see this, each case truly breaks your heart.

:(
JMHO
fran

God bless Susan and her little boys.

Josh! Where is Susan?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84418127.html?tab=video

This is the only thing I could find with actual clips of the Cox family's Press Conference.

After all their knowledge of Josh's control and abuse, if this report and video clips of the Press Conference is any indication, I wouldn't expect much from today's Dr. Phil's program.

The family is still hoping, "Susan is alive ... and out there somewhere."

Chuck Cox states he doesn't want to point fingers at Josh Powell, but at the same time says Powell isn't acting like a concerned husband.

Gee, ya think?

The entire Puyallup Powells are probably rolling with arrogant laughter.

Why in the world are Susan's family and friends STILL, over two months later pussy footing around controlling, battering, murdering Joshua Powell? :waitasec:

moo

What a miserably tragic shame. Please controlled women, take heed of the warnings NOW!

(b&ubm)

Experts say Susan Powell didn't do anything wrong

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - Susan Powell didn't do anything wrong according to domestic violence advocates.

"She just didn't know what resources were out there for her," said Carla Arroyo, the executive director of the South Valley Sanctuary.

Powell's parents claimed that she was both mentally and physically abused. Friends recalled of the controlling nature of her husband Josh Powell. "They've had problems for a very long time," said Tim Petersen who befriended Susan. "You can tell they're roommates."

"Petersen said Josh Powell controlled the finances even though Susan was the main bread winner. According to Peterson, Susan was forced to ride her bicycle to work while Josh kept the family van. And it wasn't easy. From their West Valley home near 6000 West and 3800 South she rode her bike seven miles one way to her banking job near the airport. That controlling trait has been seen often by domestic violence experts."

<<snip>>

"Those who are close to Susan Powell said she confided in a few friends and a church marriage counselor.

"Many of religious leaders will say we have to keep the family together to work things out," Arroyo said. But she said victims like Susan need more than that. Arroyo said some church leaders aren't trained to deal with the issues of domestic violence.

"Some of the advice they are giving will be detrimental to that family," she said. "It's dangerous, people could die."

Arroyo said that domestic violence advocates are attempting to work with church leaders so that they can be trained on proper handling of these issues. She said women need to document their situation with a shelter.

"Many women are afraid to come to the shelter for fear police will get involved but we won't notify police unless the person requests that," Arroyo said. "What we will do is work up a safety plan for the victim and their family."

For more information about shelters call the South Valley Sanctuary at (801) 255-1095. Or visit:
http://www.udvac.org/linkline_shelters.pdf to learn about shelters throughout Utah."

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...do-anything-wrong/lwy3ysDGXkmpxZv5FKAJdA.cspx

What a miserably tragic shame. Please controlled women, take heed of the warnings NOW!

(b&ubm)

Experts say Susan Powell didn't do anything wrong

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - Susan Powell didn't do anything wrong according to domestic violence advocates.

"She just didn't know what resources were out there for her," said Carla Arroyo, the executive director of the South Valley Sanctuary.

Powell's parents claimed that she was both mentally and physically abused. Friends recalled of the controlling nature of her husband Josh Powell. "They've had problems for a very long time," said Tim Petersen who befriended Susan. "You can tell they're roommates."

"Petersen said Josh Powell controlled the finances even though Susan was the main bread winner. According to Peterson, Susan was forced to ride her bicycle to work while Josh kept the family van. And it wasn't easy. From their West Valley home near 6000 West and 3800 South she rode her bike seven miles one way to her banking job near the airport. That controlling trait has been seen often by domestic violence experts."

<<snip>>

"Those who are close to Susan Powell said she confided in a few friends and a church marriage counselor.

"Many of religious leaders will say we have to keep the family together to work things out," Arroyo said. But she said victims like Susan need more than that. Arroyo said some church leaders aren't trained to deal with the issues of domestic violence.

"Some of the advice they are giving will be detrimental to that family," she said. "It's dangerous, people could die."

Arroyo said that domestic violence advocates are attempting to work with church leaders so that they can be trained on proper handling of these issues. She said women need to document their situation with a shelter.

"Many women are afraid to come to the shelter for fear police will get involved but we won't notify police unless the person requests that," Arroyo said. "What we will do is work up a safety plan for the victim and their family."

For more information about shelters call the South Valley Sanctuary at (801) 255-1095. Or visit:
http://www.udvac.org/linkline_shelters.pdf to learn about shelters throughout Utah."

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...do-anything-wrong/lwy3ysDGXkmpxZv5FKAJdA.cspx

Many women are so controlled that they can't even safely get to a shelter...

My heart aches for her pain. I am so sorry the Cox family is having to endure this. What a lonely life Susan must have lead. So sad to be so alone with such terrible struggles.

I'm assuming this is shocking new news to the local friends in SLC. I hope that, armed with this information, they will maybe consider seeing J in a new light. He probably isn't in need of any more care and feeding. I hope the tenants are made aware of some the very worrisome "tendencies".

I welcome the Cox family's efforts to make a real difference in the lives of those who find themselves in situations such as Susan's. I will look forward to hearing more about the Susan Cox Powell Foundation.

In the end, this long search and the need to keep the subject in the news, has done more for domestic violence awareness than anything ever before. It's the good to come out of this tragedy, and I still believe the weak, sick and twisted POI will be brought to justice.

I can't get through to my own daughter, but maybe Dr. Phil can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627