818 users online (180 members and 638 guests)  

Websleuths News

Silicon Hills

TN - Children, ages 2 to 11, attack abusive boyfriend

Man charged with attacking woman, 5 kids who came to her aid

A 27-year-old North Memphis man has been charged with attacking his ex-girlfriend and five children who came to her defense.

The children, ages 2 to 11, armed themselves with a screwdriver, metal crutch and brooms to defend the woman, who stabbed Cedric Threat in the December attack, according to a Memphis police report.
    On Dec. 12, Threat showed up at his ex-girlfriend’s apartment in the 2500 block of West Hillview and started kicking on the front and back doors, according to a police report.

The woman let him in the apartment because she was afraid the disturbance would cause her to be evicted, the police report says. Threat, armed with a pocket knife, punched her in the head.

more here -- 2nd story

I'm so glad mom & the kids are OK!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS

The South, USA
    If one of the kids who came to the woman's defense was the man's child, sounds like he is pretty bad -- his own kid turned on him. Those kids are brave and loyal. Although I would prefer for them not to be put in such a situation, there is something to be said for them standing up against Threat. I'm so glad that no one was hurt (except the guy).

78 square miles surrounded by reality
    I know, not exactly funny...but this guy's name is "Threat"??? That's a sign to stay away.