949 users online (181 members and 768 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So, You Thought Your Valentines Day Was a Bust

#
    Guy proposes at a NY Rangers game, gets the shaft. Should have saved that cash I guess.
    Last edited by KateB; 06-13-2015 at 10:27 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Embarrassing!!!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Oops!
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Aww, this poor guy, I feel horrible for him!!!! I realize there is often much more to the story, but without knowing it, I feel horrible for him.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

This makes me feel so sad.

Couldn't she just go along with it, to save him the public embarrassment- and then let him down gently in private, after the game?

I know honestly is always best, but...
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

I was proposed to, once...and I thought it was a joke. I started laughing really hard, which I guess wasn't the reaction he was looking for...the relationship ended soon after that (to be clear, I had thought I had made my stance on marriage pretty clear--it was *not* something I was interested in, with him, or anyone). At least he was smart enough not to ask me in public.

I feel bad for this guy, but given her expression, I'm willing to be he should have known better!

Poor fella. I hope she was just horribly embarrassed and that was the reason for her reaction. Whatever the reasons may be, I hope they both have long, happy and healthy lives.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    The first time I saw this I thought it was a joke. But, I guess I have to feel a little sorry for the guy. I wonder if part of him knew she would say no.

I wonder if he thought she'd feel more pressure to say yes if it was done in such a big way?
    IMO the woman walking away like she did says a lot about there being some kind of problems with the relationship and if there are problems then the last thing she'd need to do is say yes.

Years ago I had a boyfriend introduce me to his aunt as his fiance. Umm excuse me but he was just a boyfriend, marriage was never mentioned! It was at a large party. Later she came up to me and asked if we'd set a date, I just shook my head and said we were not getting married. I was only 17 then, certainly not ready or thinking about getting married!

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Has anyone ever heard that there is a new name for Valentine's day? It is now called Single Awareness Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Tacky. And they thought this was promotional? lmbo

i was gonna say.......usually when a guy propses in such a public way it's cause he' knows or at least suspects she'll say yes.
    no guy wants to embarrasess himself like that if he feels there's even a minute chance she'll say no.
    i guess the rangers are having problems with ticket sales.
    lame

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast