Recovered/Located CO - Richard Kirk, 61, Fountain, 26 Jan 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.lajuntatribunedemocrat.com/news/x2077694946/Missing-man

Bent County Democrat
Posted Feb 15, 2010 @ 10:12 AM
Last update Feb 15, 2010 @ 03:15 PM

Ordway, Colo. — The Crowley County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating Mr. Richard Kirk, a 61 year old white male.

Kirk is 5'09" tall and weighs 230 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair. He may still have a "salt and pepper" moustache and chin strap style beard.

Kirk lives in Crowley County, but was last seen in Fountain on Jan. 26.

Kirk has been missing from Crowley County since Jan 24th, 2010; his vehicle was located in Fountain, CO on the Jan. 26, where a fast food clerk remembers him coming in to buy and eat a mid day meal. His family is quite concerned about him.

It is unknown if he has a vehicle at his disposal or if he is with anyone. If anyone has any information as to his whereabouts or condition, please contact the Crowley County Sheriff's Office at (719) 267-5555, ext. 1

g12c0003c6368784d6d54d71a4cc8531fe950973b62cc38.jpg

http://chieftain.com/articles/2010/02/16/news/local/doc4b7a374d4a24a839614955.txt

By ANTHONY A. MESTAS
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN

ORDWAY — A 61-year-old Crowley County man has been missing since late last month, sheriff's office officials said Monday.

Richard Kirk was last seen at a fast-food restaurant in Fountain on Jan. 26.

The sheriff's office is asking for the public's help in locating Kirk.

He is described as a white, 230-pound man, about 5 feet 9 inches tall, with brown eyes and brown hair. Deputies said he may still have a salt and pepper mustache and chin strap style beard.

Undersheriff Steve Becker said Kirk's car was discovered by the Fountain Police Department north of town on Colorado 285 at a fast-food business. "It is the kind of business that closes properly every evening and it doesn't have a real big parking lot. The car was parked crooked across the lines taking up a couple spaces so the owners reported it to the police," Becker said.

Becker said the sheriff's office and Fountain police are working together.

"He has had some setbacks in his life recently, his sister died and he had some other personal problems," Becker said.

Becker said that Kirk had been getting ready to go into business with another man in Crowley County.

Kirk's family lives in nearby Swink.

"There just isn't anything following any known patterns as far as we can determine. He is not considered dangerous and for all I know he may have decided to take a vacation," Becker said.

It is unknown if he has a vehicle at his disposal or if he is with anyone. If anyone has any information as to his whereabouts or condition, call the Crowley County Sheriff's Office at 1-719-267-5555, ext. 1.

http://www.krdo.com/Global/story.asp?S=11994761

61-Year-Old Man Missing: Family Asking For Help

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 06:42 PM EST
Updated: Feb 16, 2010 11:21 PM EST

By Sean Hauser
s.hauser@krdo.com

ORDWAY – A man is reaching out for help to find his missing brother and refusing to lose hope.

John Kirk last saw his 61-year-old brother, Richard Kirk, on January 24th. Two days later, police found his car parked outside of a fast food restaurant in Fountain. Authorities say the car was parked across several parking spots and the keys were found inside the car, but there was no sign of Richard.

So far the search has gone dry and on Tuesday, John made an emotional plea for help finding his brother. "All I can say is, Richard if you see this, we love you…come back home," he said, while holding back tears.

It's been a tough year for the two brothers. Their sister passed away just six months ago, and on Monday John got the news of another loss. "My wife's mom died yesterday," he said while crying. "So this is taking its toll, we need you to help support us Richard."

http://dailyme.com/story/2010030300003273/search-continues-ordway-man-richard-kirk.html

THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN, COLO. | ANTHONY A. MESTAS | Wed, Mar 3, 10:40 AM

Mar. 3--ORDWAY -- Crowley County Sheriff's Department officials said Monday that they are still looking for a 61-year-old man who has been missing for several weeks.

Richard Kirk was last seen at a fast-food restaurant in Fountain on Jan. 26.

Undersheriff Steve Becker said Kirk's car was discovered by the Fountain Police Department north of town on Colorado 285 at a fast-food business.

Becker said that the department is pursuing new ideas in the search.

"We haven't asked for a widespread search yet because we are not convinced that he is in the area right now. I am still not convinced that any harm has come to Mr. Kirk," Becker said. "It's still a work in progress and I have several calls out to people to help."

--- On Fri, 4/8/11, Crowley Admin <crowleyadmin@crowleycounty.net> wrote:

Subject: CO - Richard Kirk - 61 years old - Crowley County - 26 Jan 2010
To: <redacted>
Date: Friday, April 8, 2011, 10:22 AM

Mr. Richard Kirk is still listed as a missing person with CCIC/NCIC thru the Crowley County Sheriff's Office, located in Ordway, Colorado. Thanks for your concern.

Sheriff Miles Clark

10 months after the arrest of Richard's brother and nephew and I can't find any update on the case or what authorities believe may have been done with Richard's body.

I can't find any news after their first hearing at the end of April 2016. Father, son make first court appearance

Richard's NamUs page has been removed. I wonder if his brother or his nephew lead LE to his body as part of some kind of plea deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back