GUILTY NY - Dishawna Montgomery, 2, beaten to death, Nassau County, 12 Feb 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Woman recently moved to NY from Hampton Roads

Updated: Tuesday, 16 Feb 2010, 2:05 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 16 Feb 2010, 10:02 PM EST

A woman who recently moved from Hampton Roads to New York is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

Nassau County police arrested 20-year-old Shawnta Montgomery on Sunday at her home on Hudson Avenue in Nassau County, New York, and charged her with First Degree Manslaughter.

According to detectives, police and medical personnel responded to a medical call involving the toddler at the woman's home at around 9 a.m. Friday, February 12. During transport to Nassau University Medical Center detectives say the toddler went into cardiac arrest. A medic performed CPR en route to the hospital, but the child, identified as Dishawna Montgomery, was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time later.

Autopsy results ruled Dishawna died from a lacerated liver.
News 12 in New York is reporting that the child was beaten by her mother in the bathroom after she refused to brush her teeth Friday morning.

more here

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/woman-charged-in-2-year-olds-death

RIP, little Dishawna :rose:

:furious:
Woman recently moved to NY from Hampton Roads

Updated: Tuesday, 16 Feb 2010, 2:05 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 16 Feb 2010, 10:02 PM EST

A woman who recently moved from Hampton Roads to New York is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

Nassau County police arrested 20-year-old Shawnta Montgomery on Sunday at her home on Hudson Avenue in Nassau County, New York, and charged her with First Degree Manslaughter.

According to detectives, police and medical personnel responded to a medical call involving the toddler at the woman's home at around 9 a.m. Friday, February 12. During transport to Nassau University Medical Center detectives say the toddler went into cardiac arrest. A medic performed CPR en route to the hospital, but the child, identified as Dishawna Montgomery, was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time later.

Autopsy results ruled Dishawna died from a lacerated liver.
News 12 in New York is reporting that the child was beaten by her mother in the bathroom after she refused to brush her teeth Friday morning.

more here

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/woman-charged-in-2-year-olds-death

RIP, little Dishawna :rose:

:furious: i bet that made her feel real tough.......assaulting her 2 year old to the point of slicing up a vital organ.

How many two year olds refuse to brush their teeth? All of them at some point or another. They refuse to do alot of things.

This always makes me wonder. Had the mother beaten the child prior to this? I mean if my mom beat me for not doing something you know for sure I'd do just about anything she told me to next time around.

Poor lil baby.

WAIT!!!!!! The mom's boyfriend was wanted on a warrant for the attempted murder of this mother? That may explain why they moved. He's from Chesapeake? Nice peaceful place.

O.K. so we just had the mother in Virginia Beach who is accused of murdering her foster child. Hampton Roads is so close to there. Would this mom have gotten out with a house arrest like that woman if she murdered the baby back at home?

Worse yet this woman is pregnant.

no cause she's not the foster mom, so there's no reason to cover for her.

Gross, gross, gross story. He tries to kill her, has an open warrant. She takes him back? gets pregnant and moves away with him???? to some new place where the cops and probably her family will never find them. This chick is smarrrrrrrrrrrt. Then she kills her child? So much for the cops never being able to find them.

I just want to throw up! Poor, poor baby. The angels will take good care of her. :(

Salem

yeah just exactly who was the more dangerous?

it wasnt him that beat a 2 year old to death.

My only hope is that the baby she's pregnant with now (dad is the man who tried to kill her) will be given to someone that will love and protect it.

RIP little Deshawna

Long Island Mother Accused of Killing Daughter

MYFOXNY.COM -- A young mother has been charged with killing her own daughter in Roosevelt, Long Island, authorities said.

Shawnta Montgomery, 20, has been charged with first-degree manslaughter. She is seven months pregnant, and according to police she beat her daughter Deshawna, 2, to death for misbehaving while brushing her teeth Friday morning.:furious:

Police said Montgomery used an object to repeatedly strike her little girl. The beating lacerated Deshawna's liver and she bled internally and then died.

The toddler lived with her mother and her mother's boyfriend, Benjamin Smith. He is not believed to be involved in the beating, but is wanted for attempted murder in Virginia for allegedly shooting into the home where Montgomery lived in Virginia last year.

Smith was arrested.

The little girl's father is in Virginia on active duty in the Navy. The couple had just moved here a month ago from Virginia.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/long_island/mother-accused-of-killing-daughter-100215

And what object was she using to hit her child in the torso with that would lacerate the baby's liver I wonder??

What kind of heinous behavior occurs when you are brushing your teeth that would cause you to beat a child to death? Good Lord.

It is so upsetting to hear of all these babies and kids being abused and dying there so helpess and defenseless and dont stand a chance. Rip Deshawna.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back