Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another custody fight over Junior?

Another custody fight over Junior?

I saw this on Nancy's site and thought I would bring it here. Are they going to court AGAIN over Junior?

Breaking: Haleigh's parents land in court to determine the custody of her little brother, Ronald Jr., after their father & former stepmom land in jail during a prescription drug bust! Plus, more explosive jailhouse video from the key players in Haleigh's disappearance! Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking developments every night!
    !~*Mar*~!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

I imagine they had an ex parte hearing the first time and now she's going in for permanent custody.

Thanks for opening a new thread about it!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

I hope that she gets permanent custody of him!
    !~*Mar*~!

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Well its not like Ron can get custody of Junior, he doesn't even have custody of himself the state does. Ron is in jail on felony charges and unless they find Crystal unfit TN or GGS or any of the rest can not get custody. So of course Crystal will win custody, and permanent custody I'm sure, I think even if Ron some how does get out these are felony charges I don;t think a felon can have custody especially if the other parent is not a felon.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    I had wondered why DFC came to talk to Misty about Ron's parenting skills even though he doesn't have custody and may be in jail for a while. This could explain it; if permanent custody has yet to be determined. I wonder who would be third in line so to speak if something happened to Crystal (heaven forbid) and Ron was in jail. I think GGM is just too old to be able to care for a 4 year old. I guess it would be between TN and Marie.

That poor child. He needs a good solid stable home. Maybe he has found one now.
    Last edited by Gracenote; 02-18-2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: fixed weird typo

Adji is 11 years old on 10-15-13 Happy Birthday Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gracenote For This Useful Post:

I think this story is getting bumped-NG's facebook says tonight's show is about Caylee and this story:

Breaking News! The husband of a young missing newlywed bride just arrested on a homicide charge as a suspect in his wife's vanishing! Police won't say what evidence led them to arrest the new groom and won't say if his wife's body has been found! Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking developments every night at 8 & 10 PM E.T. on HLN!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

It figures that more footage of weeping Casey Anthony would take the top spot on NG. The other story isn't much of a mystery if the husband has already been arrested. Yeah, who woulda thought that a guy running a pot farm in his house could also be involved in other crimes?

I agree that this is not likely a custody "fight," but rather a court determination of whether Crystal should get permanent custody. Or there might be an issue with her situation that we are unaware of. Even if Ron got out on bail, which isn't happening, I can't see how anyone could give him custody with a felony indictment and trial on the horizon. So I would think they are going through the standard procedures, whatever they are, interviewing the principals and putting things on the record. If Crystal got temporary custody, if things have gone well, chances are the course will make it permanent. Let's hope and pray that she does well.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

maybe it's a good thing that NG is not running this tonight. sometimes i think her show gives out too much info for the bad guys. we know the croslins watch the show because we've all heard misty and her dad talking about it. i'm sure TN watches it since she's been on it so much. i think some of those recordings were played to get some of these people talking - kind of like guess what he/she said about you. i'm hoping that LE has gotten the exact response they wanted and now it's time to lay low until they are ready to put more pressure on them or something big breaks.

heck i think 1/2 of jose baez's law degree came from watching the defense attorneys on NG.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shufly For This Useful Post:

Please do not accuse people of crimes unless you have evidence. This has been done a lot in the past, I know. But we aren't bashing players anymore, so no more.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

elle1919 is offline Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter!!
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    It appears there was a custody meeting for Junior going on this morning on a different floor.

Busy day....http://www.news4jax.com/news/22602735/detail.html

snip~While Misty Cummings and Sykes were in a second-floor courtroom, Haleigh's birth mother, Crystal Sheffield, was downstairs meeting with the Department of Children and Families.

Sheffield and Haleigh's grandmothers, Marie Griffis and Teresa Neves, met with DCF officials to discuss the custody of Haleigh's younger brother, Ronald Jr. Sheffield is still working to obtain full custody. Griffis said it was a total coincidence that the meeting with DCF and the arraignment were scheduled on the same day.

"I know they are facing a lot of years," Marie Griffis said. "I just hope whoever has the information on Haleigh gives it up. More than likely if they do that, a lot of that stuff will be taken away from them."~ end snip

Looks like TN was in court as well for the meeting
    Last edited by elle1919; 02-18-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: change hearing to meeting

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elle1919 For This Useful Post:

~snip~

While Misty Cummings and Sykes were in a second-floor courtroom, Haleigh's birth mother, Crystal Sheffield, was downstairs meeting with the Department of Children and Families.

Sheffield and Haleigh's grandmothers, Marie Griffis and Teresa Neves, met with DCF officials to discuss the custody of Haleigh's younger brother, Ronald Jr. Sheffield is still working to obtain full custody. Griffis said it was a total coincidence that the meeting with DCF and the arraignment were scheduled on the same day.

"I know they are facing a lot of years," Marie Griffis said. "I just hope whoever has the information on Haleigh gives it up. More than likely if they do that, a lot of that stuff will be taken away from them."

more at link

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22602735/detail.html

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

This may explain why Ron chose not to go to his hearing and had his lawyer put his plea in for him......No way would Ron take a chance of giving Crystal the satisfaction of seeing him in custody...IMO

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lynnb For This Useful Post:

not sure where to post this...but if TN was at the custody meeting for JR this morning, would that mean TN is trying to get custody of JR from Crystal? And how would this eviction play into her chances? I'm guessing all custody hearings are closed and not subject to Sunshine laws.... correct?

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lynnb For This Useful Post:

I wonder why Teresa was called there for the hearing. AFAIK, she didn't live close by to Ron & the kids and probably never had custody.

I think... heck, IDK. Does it make sense to y'all?

Good heavens, what I'd give to have been a fly on that wall this morning. Bet it was interesting.

[btw - great point lynnb]

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LFlorida For This Useful Post:

I imagine Teresa is trying to represent Ron and help him from losing custody forever. If I have time, I'll have to look up the laws. In Oregon, if the other parent has physical custody for so many days (I think it is 60), custody changes automatically. That is how my ex gained custody of one of his kids.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

IMO, this was probably also to work out a visitation schedule for GGS and TN.

Surely Crystal is going for permanent custody of Jr.
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Once Ronald is actually convicted of the charges against him, Crystal getting permanent custody of Jr. will be a piece of cake!

Eta: IF (in caps) Ronald is convicted is actually what I should say. Just cannot see him getting out of this one, tho.

JMO
    Last edited by LaLaw2000; 02-18-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added a statement
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

"Some of the factors the court may consider in modifying a custody agreement include:

* Any difficulties in carrying out the current custody or parenting plan
    * The physical and mental health of the parents
    * The financial circumstances of each parent
    * The parents' relationship with one another
    * Any deliberate acts by either parent to prevent the other from spending time with the child
    * The level of involvement of each parent in the child's life
    * The length of time the child has spent with each parent
    * The type of living environment each parent can provide"
    <snipped>

http://knowledgebase.findlaw.com/kb/...1347039_1.html

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Video of today's activities in PC

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22605742/index.html

make sure you watch the clip about Haleigh and Somer's families support from the Justice Coalition (and have a tissue handy)

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Video of today's activities in PC

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22605742/index.html

make sure you watch the clip about Haleigh and Somer's families support from the Justice Coalition (and have a tissue handy)

I did and used a whole Box! So heartbreaking

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indiana at Heart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
    not sure where to post this...but if TN was at the custody meeting for JR this morning, would that mean TN is trying to get custody of JR from Crystal? And how would this eviction play into her chances? I'm guessing all custody hearings are closed and not subject to Sunshine laws.... correct?
    TN had absolutely no legal right to get Junior. Grandparents do not have Legal rights, unless they were rewarded them through the death or unavailability of the parents. Crystal is the legal parent.
    IMO, TN was most likely there to intimidate or get information and plan her next move to take jr...worked before.
    Last edited by Whisperer; 02-18-2010 at 09:48 PM.

42. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    TN had absolutely no legal right to get Junior. Grandparents do not have Legal rights, unless they were rewarded them through the death or unavailability of the parents. Crystal is the legal parent.
    IMO, TN was most likely there to intimidate or get information and plan her next move to take jr...worked before.
    I don't understand why TN was even allowed in there to begin with. That meeting should have been between Crystal and DCF only...IMO

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lynnb For This Useful Post:

I agree - intimidation and information, which will most likely be leaked to the internet in short order (provided there is something bad to be said about Crystal).
    Racing Doesn't Lie

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to raisincharlie For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is online now "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    This is not true in all states.Some states do have Grandparents laws, so that a grandparents gets visitation time with the child.It is not weekly usually monthly visitation.Just because her son is in jail does not mean she should be cut out of Jr's life.Children do need their grandparents.I do not know what FL law is.In NJ grandparents only get stripped of their rights if both parents are together and both do not want the grandparent around the child.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

Grandparents have visitation rights in Oregon. So do step-parents in some cases.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast