GUILTY TX - Robert Philbin, 2, beaten to death, Forth Worth, 10 Feb 2010

4Kat

Reaction score
A Fort Worth registered sex offender is in jail and charged with a toddler's death. Police say Ryan Durham, 19, was watching his fiancée's 2-year-old at their home in the 2900 block of Spencer Street. (The address in the article is wrong, it should be the 3900 block).

Durham told police the child, Robert Philbin, fell off the toilette last Wednesday, but investigators aren't buying it.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/toddler.killed.murder.2.1498365.html

This guy, 19, is a registered sex offender who was paroled in 2006 for offenses against 2 children back in 2003. The children: a girl (7) and a boy (6). This guy was only 12 himself. WTH and I wonder if his fiancee knew about his past.

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/D...ex=Individual&IND_IDN=6877551&SearchType=Name

Rest in Peace little angel.

ummmmmmm what the hell......how couldnt she know?

i dont care that he was only 12.....neither should she have.

argggggggghhhhhhhhh

ummmmmmm what the hell......how couldnt she know?

i dont care that he was only 12.....neither should she have.

argggggggghhhhhhhhh

Agreed and now she will blame herself.
My heart breaks for the little one.

so very sad...another litle one brutalized. :(

RIP, little Robert :rose:

She may not have known, maybe he didn't tell her IDK. I wouldn't expect a man who takes it upon himself to molest a child or beat to death a 2 year old to be a beacon of honesty and integrity. Whatever happened to instinct though? Remember, not all women out there are as vigilant and worry about who comes in contact with their children. Not all mothers are fierce protectors and as informed as us. Heck, it should be requires once a woman gets pregnat to mosey on to WS and spend a day reading! I just wish when women with children started dating and intergrating a man into their families they would be more cautious! Christ, a dumb stray mutt will protect it puppies

i dont know but im totally disgusted. but then again i know i dont come here to read happy stories.

If she had access to a computer she could have went like this. There he is.

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/ResultDetails.aspx?index=2&x=BCC3B04E-28F6-423B-A331-CDDBD2DDB66A

Maybe she could have checked at the library. I'm not judging her. However, sex offender or not I feel like screaming to some of these mom's "What makes you think your 19 year old boyfriend feels like watching your two year old?"

2Sisters, that stray mutt quote I'm going to start using that. It's true. Then again a mutt probably doesn't have low self-esteem. Maybe it's for financial reasons? I don't know. Can't they just date? Date the guy. Have him take you to a movie. Why, why bring your kids into this?

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/ResultDetails.aspx?index=2&x=BCC3B04E-28F6-423B-A331-CDDBD2DDB66A

Maybe she could have checked at the library. I'm not judging her. However, sex offender or not I feel like screaming to some of these mom's "What makes you think your 19 year old boyfriend feels like watching your two year old?"

2Sisters, that stray mutt quote I'm going to start using that. It's true. Then again a mutt probably doesn't have low self-esteem. Maybe it's for financial reasons? I don't know. Can't they just date? Date the guy. Have him take you to a movie. Why, why bring your kids into this?
BBM Especially someone with his problems!

Filly I'm not sure about their situation, but I'm guessing neither one were doing too well financially. From the article I linked above it states:
The incident happened after the toddler's mother, along with Durham's stepfather, had left for work.

I am going to assume they all lived there together. Surely the stepfather knew of his record. No mention of Durham's mother.

why do i get the feeling we'll be hearing this soon

'we thought he was just 12, he just made a mistake' :(

This is what worries me about the rapist who hurt our kids. He's 25, did his ten years, lifetime RSO, but no one would ever be able to find him or check up on him.

In Oregon, you must write to the State Police and request a list of RSOs in a certain zip code or at a particular address. I have a copy of his registry as it was provided to me when he was released. But how would a girlfriend or neighbor know?

He was convicted as a juvenile but released as an adult and even though he was referred to as a predatory offender, Oregon does not have a classification for people who are predatory and who are tried as juveniles. He can move about with total impunity. He has no restrictions on his movement or place of residence, whatsoever, and is only precluded from holding certain jobs. He lives directly across from the playground of a large park.

We've learned that if he wanted to, he could still visit his mother who is a teacher at the school our grandchildren attend and where he raped our kids.

So, yes this mom could have/should have checked. Family members should have alerted her. However, I can assure you that family members of our kids' rapist do everything they can to protect him. I'm not ready to stone this Mom. I can see this same scenario playing out again and again.

Poor little guy.

well gee ms iz..........last i'd want to do is jump to conclusions but they lived with his step father........wouldnt he be like 'do you know what record this guy has?" or is he just another enabler or worse.

This is what worries me about the rapist who hurt our kids. He's 25, did his ten years, lifetime RSO, but no one would ever be able to find him or check up on him.

In Oregon, you must write to the State Police and request a list of RSOs in a certain zip code or at a particular address. I have a copy of his registry as it was provided to me when he was released. But how would a girlfriend or neighbor know?

He was convicted as a juvenile but released as an adult and even though he was referred to as a predatory offender, Oregon does not have a classification for people who are predatory and who are tried as juveniles. He can move about with total impunity. He has no restrictions on his movement or place of residence, whatsoever, and is only precluded from holding certain jobs. He lives directly across from the playground of a large park.

We've learned that if he wanted to, he could still visit his mother who is a teacher at the school our grandchildren attend and where he raped our kids.

So, yes this mom could have/should have checked. Family members should have alerted her. However, I can assure you that family members of our kids' rapist do everything they can to protect him. I'm not ready to stone this Mom. I can see this same scenario playing out again and again.

Poor little guy.

Oh Iz! You have the patience of Job.

Sending ya a big ((((((((hug))))))))! I can't fathom. I'm so sorry.

O/T in a way. My grandfather was murdered in cold blood. One day we went to visit my mom's friend and she was so upset. We were just little kids at this time. These guys did minimal time. My mom was well fairly young at the time and shielded from the name of exactly who the shooter was. So, her friend looks all upset and tells her she needs to talk to her. Here her new neighbors? You guessed it. Walking around like this nice guy having a little family. They didn't stay long.

Justice. I want to know what it is?

well gee ms iz..........last i'd want to do is jump to conclusions but they lived with his step father........wouldnt he be like 'do you know what record this guy has?" or is he just another enabler or worse.

K the way I'm reading it it's the baby's step-grandfather. I know it's complicated. Which means it's mom's stepfather. He called both of them because the baby was breathing heavily.

911?

K the way I'm reading it it's the baby's step-grandfather. I know it's complicated. Which means it's mom's stepfather. He called both of them because the baby was breathing heavily.

911?

my bad :(

911?

My sister refers to her BF's parents as her sons step-grandparents, so I assumed the same about this family, thinking it was his father.

Feel free to use it, i used to use it all the time describing a girl at work who's parents FINALLY got a lawyer and took her kids. She let some loser move in with her after knowing him for a week. She left her son with him while she went to the store, her son took off out their door while the BF passed out (drugs). The son's absentee father was black, the new BF's response when she started yelling at him was "nobody would kidnap a n****r baby anyways". And yes she satyed with him after he called her flesh and blood the N word. Long story short, she has left the 2 prior kids with mom and dad, has a new baby with this guy and will probably end up with a story on here one day. Some women are just plain morons and don't give a crap.
I am thinking this woman was just plain dumb, I don't see what a 19 YO kid would have to offer financially.

I am also interested to know if the child shows any signs of being molested. He very well could have been killed during a sexual assaut. Sick SOB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back