2010.02.17 - Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***

Angel Who Cares

If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall
Reaction score
2010.02.17 - Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***

Web Posted: 02/17/2010 12:09 CST
Search for 'Baby Gabriel' could enter second phase

While San Antonio police continued looking for a missing Arizona baby at an East Side landfill, officials said Tuesday the second phase of the search could begin later this week.

Along with the police, the FBI and the U.S. Marshal's Service will aid in the search for 9-month-old Gabriel Johnson, who last was seen Dec. 26 in San Antonio with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, said police department spokesman Matthew Porter.

snip

The baby's father, Logan McQueary, returned to Arizona after spending about a week in San Antonio searching for clues in his son's disappearance, said Jay J. Armes, the El Paso private investigator who took on the case earlier this month. McQueary could not be reached late Tuesday, but Armes said he has been speaking with the father daily. Armes said McQueary was “very optimistic” about his search in San Antonio and that he and McQueary are planning to return soon.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/84540087.html

Nonprofit Takes on Missing Baby Search
Jessica's Law Now to cover some search expenses

Updated: Wednesday, 17 Feb 2010, 5:06 AM MST
Published : Tuesday, 16 Feb 2010, 6:14 PM MST

The national nonprofit organization "Jessica's Law Now" is offering to help with some of the search expenses for Gabriel's dad, Logan McQueary.

McQueary is in San Antonio, the last place Gabriel was seen alive. Police have opened up both a homicide and a missing persons investigation.

The organization will pay for McQueary's gas, hotel stay, and even the cost of flyers he's plastering all over the city.

This weekend, the organization is holding a fundraiser at Manny's Mexican Restaurant in Avondale.

The fundraiser will run will run Friday, February 19, Saturday, February 20, and Sunday, February 21, 2010 at Manny's, and will feature live music, dancing, and food. There will also be a raffle for a Kurt Warner autographed football on Saturday.

Manny's is located at 12345 West Indian School Road in Avondale.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/nonprofit-takes-on-missing-baby-search-2-16-2010

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/150824

Fundraiser to benefit father of missing baby
February 17, 2010 - 8:41PM

Beginning at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Manny’s Mexican and American Restaurant, 12345 W. Indian School Road in Avondale, will host a fundraiser for the family of Logan McQueary, Gabriel’s father, who is continuing to search for clues that can possibly lead him to Gabriel.

The fundraiser will last through Sunday.

Digging complete, now SAPD set to sift through trash in search of Baby Gabriel
Posted on February 17, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Updated today at 6:13 PM

The San Antonio Police Department is set to begin phase two of the landfill search for missing Baby Gabriel.

The dig is complete, and now the actually physical search is set to begin.

SAPD have set up a command post at the site. It's the white truck along with the yellow tent.

Starting Thursday at 7:30 a.m. the San Antonio Police Department is ready to begin sifting through layers of trash in search for possible evidence. in the case.

The police chief has said this will be a very tedious process as the trash will be spread out into rows, and officers will literally walk down that row and go through each and every piece of garbage.

This process could take days -- even weeks.

The FBI will also have officers at the landfill Thursday, helping with the search.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Dig...trash-in-search-of-Baby-Gabriel-84641212.html

Landfill Search For Baby Gabriel Begins Second Phase
But More Evidence Points To Gabriel Alive
KPHO.com
POSTED: 11:05 pm MST February 17, 2010
UPDATED: 11:26 pm MST February 17, 2010

"I'm not really worried about it that much because I don't think Gabriel is there at all," said Logan McQueary, Gabriel's father.

snip

He says he discovered several reasons to believe Elizabeth Johnson went to Texas to sell Gabriel, not kill him.

"It's looking like Elizabeth handed him off to somebody, and I don't think Elizabeth did what she said. I think she just said that to hurt me," said McQueary.

McQueary pointed to new evidence that Elizabeth was arrested with a ruby and diamond ring in her pocket worth approximately $20,000. He lived with her for two years, but he had never seen it before.

"Sometimes when they give the baby away for adoption, they hand over a piece of jewelry to the mother or someone who is handing over the baby as a payment instead of money," said McQueary.

snip

"I'm gonna keep searching, until they prove me wrong. Gabriel is still out there. He got handed off to somebody and we're gonna find him," said McQueary.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22597349/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back