Criminal trial scheduling including pre-trial hearings, conferences & Timeline

terminatrixator

All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and
Reaction score
February 1, 2010 - Raven arrested in Montpelier, Idaho and charged with First Degree Murder

February 2, 2010 - Raven arraigned in Paris, Idaho. Bond denied, Raven will be held without bond bond in Idaho's Caribou County jail. Raven refused extradition back to North Carolina.

February 15, 2010 - Durham, NC Grand Jury formally indicted Raven Abaroa on First Degree murder.

February 17, 2010 - Extradition Hearing at 2:00 pm set by Magistrate Lynn Brower - Bear Lake County

" Raven Abaroa had his first appearance in a Durham courtroom to face charges of murder delayed Monday. Abaroa's first court appearance has now been rescheduled for Tuesday."

Case NUMBER: 10 CRS 1087

May 3, 2010 - Week of May 3rd, 2010, next hearing set

It wasn't on the news or anything... I'm assuming either the prosecution or defense needed more time and asked for a continuance. That's pretty normal.

June 7, 2010 - 2:30 pm Raven's next Court appearance.

I believe there will be a hearing in November on the case.

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2010001087 CRS
Arraigned Defendant Name: ABAROA,RAVEN,SAMUEL
County: DURHAM
Court Date: 08/01/2011
Session: AM
Court Room: 001S

0930 Felony MURDER 14-17

Hard to believe the media has not said anything since his arrest.
I have a feeling the 8-1-2011 calendar date is the start of the trial, as routine status hearings are not normally published this far in advance.

I do not believe the trial date has been set. It may be set that day.

Just got confirmation from someone that knows Janets family....the trial is scheduled to begin 8-1-11

There is a hearing on August 1, 2011 but I am positive that the trial date has not yet been set. I hope we find out the trial date at that hearing though.

There is a hearing on August 1, 2011 but I am positive that the trial date has not yet been set. I hope we find out the trial date at that hearing though.

I stand corrected....sorry
I reread the message from the family friend and it did say 8-1-11 is to set the trial date.

Darn, getting on the calendar by late 2011 will be a miracle.

No hearing yesterday. There may be an administrative hearing on Wednesday.

Bond reduction hearing scheduled September 6, 2011, no trial date set.

Just got word that Raven Abaroa's bond was reduced from 5 Million dollars to 3 Million Dollars.

The next hearing will be in October and that hearing will be to set the trial date.

I did hear that a tentative trial date will be set for March, 2012, but hopefully I will hear more after the October hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back