1107 users online (233 members and 874 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163

    Undertaker finds dead woman 'alive'

    Undertaker finds ‘dead’ woman really alive

    <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

    Serna, who has multiple sclerosis, was admitted to the same Cali University Hospital on Monday after a heart attack, Rendon said. She survived for about 10 hours on life support, but then seemingly didn't respond to resuscitation efforts following a second attack. She was declared dead early Tuesday.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35442991...news-americas/

    At first I though I would be reading something bazaar about a zombie because it was
    a small head line on some Haiti news....But NO Zombie.......Just F'd up Doctors.........
    Last edited by songline; 02-17-2010 at 11:07 PM.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,520
    Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Undertaker finds dead woman really alive

    <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

    Serna, who has multiple sclerosis, was admitted to the same Cali University Hospital on Monday after a heart attack, Rendon said. She survived for about 10 hours on life support, but then seemingly didn't respond to resuscitation efforts following a second attack. She was declared dead early Tuesday.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35442991...news-americas/

    At first I though I would be reading something bazaar about a zombie because it was
    a small head line on some Haiti news....But NO Zombie.......Just F'd up Doctors.........
    Whoa. See I hate reading this stuff. Makes me wonder if my poor dad was truly dead at the age of 60 after he suffered a heart attack and died in front of us on Christmas morning.

    Naw, I saw the EMT's try so hard. Still who knows with these things? Ya'd think a Doctor maybe?

    I thought they had to drain all your blood before they embalmed ya. See, I learned something, songline. Danka.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Whoa. See I hate reading this stuff. Makes me wonder if my poor dad was truly dead at the age of 60 after he suffered a heart attack and died in front of us on Christmas morning.

    Naw, I saw the EMT's try so hard. Still who knows with these things? Ya'd think a Doctor maybe?

    I thought they had to drain all your blood before they embalmed ya. See, I learned something, songline. Danka.
    Your Dad went before his time/young - sorry Filly (((( HUG ))))
    Last edited by songline; 02-18-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,520
    Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Your Dad went before his time/young - sorry Filly (((( HUG ))))

    Awwww, thank you, songline. He got cremated. Ironically because he said "If you saw what they do to you to embalm ya you'd get cremated".

    He was LE for 36 years so he'd been in morgues, autopsy's and funeral homes. Frightened me enough I'm getting cremated.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,971
    Unfortunately, during my first year in Nursing I found one of our patients (elderly man with advanced alzheimers) dead on my shift. I proceeded to check heart rate, breathing, etc and was convinced he was deceased. I went to the nurses station to call the family (they knew he would have only lasted a while longer) and told them the bad news. This was my first time telling a family their loved one had passed away. I hang up the phone and two nurses assistants come running up to me, at the nurses station, to tell me the patient's chest was moving and he was alive. I went pale, got up, and ran down to the room. They both had been playing a "new nurses" joke on me. Yes, the patient was still very much deceased. Thank God I had a strong heart. My first thought was how was I going to call the family and tell them their loved one had miraculously come back from beyond ? I will never forget that night, never.
    Last edited by Searchfortruth; 02-18-2010 at 08:51 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    Unfortunately, during my first year in Nursing I found one of our patients (elderly man with advanced alzheimers) dead on my shift. I proceeded to check heart rate, breathing, etc and was convinced he was deceased. I went to the nurses station to call the family (they knew he would have only lasted a while longer) and told them the bad news. This was my first time telling a family their loved one had passed away. I hang up the phone and two nurses assistants come running up to me, at the nurses station, to tell me the patient's chest was moving and he was alive. I went pale, got up, and ran down to the room. They both had been playing a "new nurses" joke on me. Yes, the patient was still very much deceased. Thank God I had a strong heart. My first thought was how was I going to call the family and tell them their loved one had miraculously come back from beyond ? I will never forget that night, never.
    WOW Searchfortruth that is a mean joke
    Glad you did not get a heart attack...
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    17,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    Unfortunately, during my first year in Nursing I found one of our patients (elderly man with advanced alzheimers) dead on my shift. I proceeded to check heart rate, breathing, etc and was convinced he was deceased. I went to the nurses station to call the family (they knew he would have only lasted a while longer) and told them the bad news. This was my first time telling a family their loved one had passed away. I hang up the phone and two nurses assistants come running up to me, at the nurses station, to tell me the patient's chest was moving and he was alive. I went pale, got up, and ran down to the room. They both had been playing a "new nurses" joke on me. Yes, the patient was still very much deceased. Thank God I had a strong heart. My first thought was how was I going to call the family and tell them their loved one had miraculously come back from beyond ? I will never forget that night, never.
    Wow, that is a pretty mean spirited joke to play. Guess they call that paying your "nurse's dues" or something. I don't like it and would have flipped out Searchfortruth. Never had anything happen to be like that in the hospital but I always worked in labs and in the nutrition depts. Wow, scary.


    Goz

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    17,677
    Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Undertaker finds dead woman really alive

    <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

    Serna, who has multiple sclerosis, was admitted to the same Cali University Hospital on Monday after a heart attack, Rendon said. She survived for about 10 hours on life support, but then seemingly didn't respond to resuscitation efforts following a second attack. She was declared dead early Tuesday.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35442991...news-americas/

    At first I though I would be reading something bazaar about a zombie because it was
    a small head line on some Haiti news....But NO Zombie.......Just F'd up Doctors.........


    Makes one wonder who is really pulling the strings in the world of medicine. What a f.up. Scares one to think of what could happen to them songline.


    Goz

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,342
    so sorry philly

    this article is like a b horror movie from the 50's

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    Wow, that is a pretty mean spirited joke to play. Guess they call that paying your "nurse's dues" or something. I don't like it and would have flipped out Searchfortruth. Never had anything happen to be like that in the hospital but I always worked in labs and in the nutrition depts. Wow, scary.


    Goz
    Yes, it was a shocker to my system, I couldn't believe others thought it was funny...I didn't.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    I thought they had to drain all your blood before they embalmed ya. See, I learned something, songline. Danka.
    Here, in the US, they do... But, this is Columbia, so I have no idea what thier standard would be.

    I hate to sound "icky" but if you don't remove the blood, there is no room for the embalming & cavity fluid...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    Makes one wonder who is really pulling the strings in the world of medicine. What a f.up. Scares one to think of what could happen to them songline.


    Goz
    I once ALMOST lost my brother under anesthesia, WOW I think medicine is a guessing game.
    If brother needs any procedure he wants to be in and out, wont stay in any hospital - cant blame him...
    Another time he was due for an operation which required an enema prior to the operation...They forgot to do that...

    HE now knows all his meds better then 10 doctors combined.
    He will never trust them completely and is totally involved in every part f his treatments.

    I THINK EVERYBODY SHOULD BE....
    Last edited by songline; 02-19-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,342
    doctor incompetence can kill you quicker then a heart attack, stroke or cancer.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    667
    A few months ago at work, we had a "code blue" on an elderly woman and were unable to restart her heart. The family was called and were gathered in the hallway while the newish nurse was preparing the body for family to say goodbye. The aftermath of a code is messy. So this young nurse had just washed the deceased woman's face, closed her eyes, brushed her hair and placed a clean sheet and blanket on her when she noticed her BREATHING.

    She listened to her chest and heart her heart BEATING. She had a blood pressure and peripheral pulses.

    She burst out and grabbed me and another nurse and we all stood agog watching this "corpse" take breaths and have a recordable blood pressure. I ascertained she had NO corneal reflexes, or any others. The new nurse wanted to call the code team back, and I called in the doctor just as he was about to exit the floor. He came in, and stared at the "deceased" woman for a few moments and said "She IS dead. This happens sometimes because of the resuscitation drugs (epinephrine, atropine), and I've only seen it a few times."

    The resuscitation drugs kept the poor woman's heart and respiratory system "functioning", though no oxygen was being exchanged, for about another half an hour before the drugs degenerated and she lay peacefully dead.

    In the meantime, that poor new nurse had to explain all this to the family who awaited their viewing and goodbyes. I must say this young lady pulled it off with incredible maturity I'll never forget it.

    As far as the lady in this news report, God bless her poor confused and shocked family that must be in such a state of confusion and dismay right now



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-18-2015, 02:25 PM
  2. Grieving father finds "dead" baby ALIVE in coffin
    By mysterygirl in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 07:20 PM
  3. Woman Comes Home And Finds Dead Woman There
    By Old Broad in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 12:57 PM
  4. Iowa Woman Finds Dead Turtle In P&G Product
    By mysteriew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 12:50 PM
  5. Man finds dead woman stuck in his window!
    By Marisa714 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 03:56 PM