Undertaker finds ‘dead’ woman 'alive'

songline

Reaction score
Undertaker finds ‘dead’ woman really alive :waitasec:

<<<<<<<<<<<SNIP>>>>>>>>>

Serna, who has multiple sclerosis, was admitted to the same Cali University Hospital on Monday after a heart attack, Rendon said. She survived for about 10 hours on life support, but then seemingly didn't respond to resuscitation efforts following a second attack. She was declared dead early Tuesday.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35442991/ns/world_news-americas/

At first I though I would be reading something bazaar about a zombie because it was
a small head line on some Haiti news....But NO Zombie.......Just F'd up Doctors.........

<<<<<<<<<<<SNIP>>>>>>>>>

Serna, who has multiple sclerosis, was admitted to the same Cali University Hospital on Monday after a heart attack, Rendon said. She survived for about 10 hours on life support, but then seemingly didn't respond to resuscitation efforts following a second attack. She was declared dead early Tuesday.

At first I though I would be reading something bazaar about a zombie because it was
a small head line on some Haiti news....But NO Zombie.......Just F'd up Doctors.........

Whoa. See I hate reading this stuff. Makes me wonder if my poor dad was truly dead at the age of 60 after he suffered a heart attack and died in front of us on Christmas morning.

Naw, I saw the EMT's try so hard. Still who knows with these things? Ya'd think a Doctor maybe?

I thought they had to drain all your blood before they embalmed ya. See, I learned something, songline. Danka.

Whoa. See I hate reading this stuff. Makes me wonder if my poor dad was truly dead at the age of 60 after he suffered a heart attack and died in front of us on Christmas morning.

Naw, I saw the EMT's try so hard. Still who knows with these things? Ya'd think a Doctor maybe?

I thought they had to drain all your blood before they embalmed ya. See, I learned something, songline. Danka.
:) Your Dad went before his time/young - sorry Filly (((( HUG ))))

:) Your Dad went before his time/young - sorry Filly (((( HUG ))))

Awwww, thank you, songline. He got cremated. Ironically because he said "If you saw what they do to you to embalm ya you'd get cremated".

He was LE for 36 years so he'd been in morgues, autopsy's and funeral homes. Frightened me enough I'm getting cremated.:eek:

Unfortunately, during my first year in Nursing I found one of our patients (elderly man with advanced alzheimers) dead on my shift. I proceeded to check heart rate, breathing, etc and was convinced he was deceased. I went to the nurses station to call the family (they knew he would have only lasted a while longer) and told them the bad news. This was my first time telling a family their loved one had passed away. I hang up the phone and two nurses assistants come running up to me, at the nurses station, to tell me the patient's chest was moving and he was alive. I went pale, got up, and ran down to the room. They both had been playing a "new nurses" joke on me. Yes, the patient was still very much deceased. Thank God I had a strong heart. My first thought was how was I going to call the family and tell them their loved one had miraculously come back from beyond ? I will never forget that night, never.

Unfortunately, during my first year in Nursing I found one of our patients (elderly man with advanced alzheimers) dead on my shift. I proceeded to check heart rate, breathing, etc and was convinced he was deceased. I went to the nurses station to call the family (they knew he would have only lasted a while longer) and told them the bad news. This was my first time telling a family their loved one had passed away. I hang up the phone and two nurses assistants come running up to me, at the nurses station, to tell me the patient's chest was moving and he was alive. I went pale, got up, and ran down to the room. They both had been playing a "new nurses" joke on me. Yes, the patient was still very much deceased. Thank God I had a strong heart. My first thought was how was I going to call the family and tell them their loved one had miraculously come back from beyond ? I will never forget that night, never.
WOW Searchfortruth that is a mean joke :(
Glad you did not get a heart attack...

Wow, that is a pretty mean spirited joke to play. Guess they call that paying your "nurse's dues" or something. I don't like it and would have flipped out Searchfortruth. Never had anything happen to be like that in the hospital but I always worked in labs and in the nutrition depts. Wow, scary.

Goz

<<<<<<<<<<<SNIP>>>>>>>>>

Makes one wonder who is really pulling the strings in the world of medicine. What a f.up. Scares one to think of what could happen to them songline.

Goz

so sorry philly :(

this article is like a b horror movie from the 50's

Wow, that is a pretty mean spirited joke to play. Guess they call that paying your "nurse's dues" or something. I don't like it and would have flipped out Searchfortruth. Never had anything happen to be like that in the hospital but I always worked in labs and in the nutrition depts. Wow, scary.

Goz
Yes, it was a shocker to my system, I couldn't believe others thought it was funny...I didn't.

Here, in the US, they do... But, this is Columbia, so I have no idea what thier standard would be.

I hate to sound "icky" but if you don't remove the blood, there is no room for the embalming & cavity fluid...

Makes one wonder who is really pulling the strings in the world of medicine. What a f.up. Scares one to think of what could happen to them songline.

Goz
I once ALMOST lost my brother under anesthesia, WOW I think medicine is a guessing game. :waitasec:
If brother needs any procedure he wants to be in and out, wont stay in any hospital - cant blame him...
Another time he was due for an operation which required an enema prior to the operation...They forgot to do that...

HE now knows all his meds better then 10 doctors combined.
He will never trust them completely and is totally involved in every part f his treatments.

I THINK EVERYBODY SHOULD BE....

doctor incompetence can kill you quicker then a heart attack, stroke or cancer.

A few months ago at work, we had a "code blue" on an elderly woman and were unable to restart her heart. The family was called and were gathered in the hallway while the newish nurse was preparing the body for family to say goodbye. The aftermath of a code is messy. So this young nurse had just washed the deceased woman's face, closed her eyes, brushed her hair and placed a clean sheet and blanket on her when she noticed her BREATHING.

She listened to her chest and heart her heart BEATING. She had a blood pressure and peripheral pulses.

She burst out and grabbed me and another nurse and we all stood agog watching this "corpse" take breaths and have a recordable blood pressure. I ascertained she had NO corneal reflexes, or any others. The new nurse wanted to call the code team back, and I called in the doctor just as he was about to exit the floor. He came in, and stared at the "deceased" woman for a few moments and said "She IS dead. This happens sometimes because of the resuscitation drugs (epinephrine, atropine), and I've only seen it a few times."

The resuscitation drugs kept the poor woman's heart and respiratory system "functioning", though no oxygen was being exchanged, for about another half an hour before the drugs degenerated and she lay peacefully dead.

In the meantime, that poor new nurse had to explain all this to the family who awaited their viewing and goodbyes. I must say this young lady pulled it off with incredible maturity :) I'll never forget it.

As far as the lady in this news report, God bless her poor confused and shocked family that must be in such a state of confusion and dismay right now :( :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back