Did Tammi buy EJ iPod or phones?

chell

Reaction score
But if TS is well versed in assisting with underground anything or even if she just had a friend (JM) advise her on how to do this safely and without risking detection, you would think she would have conducted all her emails via a laptop using a free internet connection from a public internet location or a redirection/rerouting internet link or via disposable phone(s) she purchased with cash. In both cases, these items would be easily removed once the heat was on from her home(s), workplace and car and perhaps hidden by another player in the operation or even in a hole in her own backyard. EJ had three phones in her trailer...obviously she needed them for something since she didn't get rid of her regular phone. I'd be willing to bet TS has used a few in the recent past as well. Plus wasn't there a deal about TS buying phones for EJ over the internet at one point in all this? She obviously knows how to get a phone and not be seen purchasing.

But if TS is well versed in assisting with underground anything or even if not and she just had a friend (JM) advise her on how to do this safely and without risking detection, you would think she would have conducted all her emails via a laptop using a free internet connection from a public internet location or a redirection/rerouting internet link or via disposable phone(s) she purchased with cash. In both cases, these items would be easily removed once the heat was on from her home(s), workplace and car and perhaps hidden by another player in the operation or even in a hole in her own backyard. EJ had three phones in her trailer...obviously she needed them for something since she didn't get rid of her regular phone. I'd be willing to bet TS has used a few in the recent past as well. Plus wasn't there a deal about TS buying phones for EJ over the internet at one point in all this? She obviously knows how to get a phone and not be seen purchasing.

I don't remember TS buying a phone for EJ mentioned -- we did discuss how TS recently bought an IPOD on Ebay, but it was not a phone

I wonder if LE ever did check that out

lol Dane

I don't remember TS buying a phone for EJ mentioned -- we did discuss how TS recently bought an IPOD on Ebay, but it was not a phone

I wonder if LE ever did check that out

lol Dane

Very good point. My daughter just bought herself an ipod touch and she can get on the internet anywhere that has free wireless. I know that FB and MS are apps that you can download for the ipod.

Yes, I think she probably thought she could skim under the radar or maybe she knows about the scope of the law. Since the phones were purchased over the internet, it can not be proven that it was her who purchased them so the laws apply differently. It's hard to believe but from what I understand, even if she paid for them with a credit card in her name, though I imagine it would have been a COD,internet purchases are exempt from certain chain of ownership conclusions.

Sorry. I really thought she had purchases a phone/musicplayer/GPS combo with all kinds of applications. For some reason I remember reading that there was a phone TS ordered over the internet which she gave to EJ--that's just too expensive and specific a gift for a girl you hardly know unless TS was feeling beholden to EJ or wanted EJ to feel beholdent to her. Who does that??

Maybe they were paid with giftcards. Cash to Visa Prepaid cards....

I have never heard this story about a phone gift from TS to EJ, so if you do remember the source, please let me/us know?

I think I may be remembering wrong... I thought early discusssions and posting indicated TS had ordered a phone-like device over the internet and that it was the same type of device EJ was using causing speculation that TS had ordered it for EJ. I'm going to look for the source and will get back to you when I find it.

Hi Chell, I think it might have been that Ebay discussion -- many of us (or at least two were lol) were convinced that the timing of that Tammi purchase and the fact that they found an IPod charger in EJ's hotel room added up to TJ giving it to EJ, but it was speculation on our part

IMO you are on a good track though, because if Tammi bought EJ a phone or Ipod at all it seems evidence of more involvement than she has admitted to--

Very good point. My daughter just bought herself an ipod touch and she can get on the internet anywhere that has free wireless. I know that FB and MS are apps that you can download for the ipod.

There are alot of other models where you can receive wireless internet for free, also with the application of ebuddy where u can still log on to FB, MySpace, Gmail & other services at the same time.

IE. I have an LG webslider, PrePaid, but free txts to others on the network, with the application of ebuddy i am still able to log on with no actual credit & also onto the internet. It being an webslider was designed mainly for myspace usage, & that is highly promoted all over the box it comes in & is avaliable in the menu just like a phone book.

Just something to ponder, EJ wasn't very well off, & these go off relatively cheap across ebay, when it's bought prepaid you also get a little bit of credit on the side.

If she did buy it off ebay there would be no need to register, that being ANY model of any phone, as it can be purchased unlocked, even when you buy prepaid sim cards you can waffle on under the pretense of whomever you like.

Just my 2 cents

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4751325&postcount=95"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Things That Make You Go "Hmmmmm . . ."[/ame]

This was an earlier post by Prof quoting Litlred that referred to some sleuthing on TS ebay purchases. This appears to be TS ebay by the name and another purchase of the Raggedy Ann costumes. If you click on the link, the 1st feedback on 12/12/09 is for a purchase of an ipod touch 2nd generation. The seller is in IL, even with shipping US Priority Mail as the auction indicates, it could be there within a few days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back